Generations Selects Star Convoy, Super Megatron & Snaptrap figures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Paladin, Apr 4, 2019.

1. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    It says fulfilled.

Order date: 12 Apr 03:23

2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Well darn, mine still says unfulfilled

• Like Like x 2
  3. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    I kid you not guys, the front and back on the ankles on my Star Convoy are tight (most Youtube reviews I've seen mention they are loose), as well as all his other joints. Maybe just a YMMV thing?

Also, I only have POTP Nemesis to compare too, but Star Convoy is gorgeous in hand! I am super happy I went this route instead of getting the G1 Micromaster base Star Convoy (although I may back track someday. :p  )

The smaller Optimus Prime bot looks alot better in person also!

Good stuff! :) 

IMG_84033.JPG

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 11
  4. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Am I the only one that would like to see a Nemesis Prime/Black Convoy repaint of Star Convoy? A straight repaint (no new head) with the POTP Nemesis Prime weapons would be nice.

• Like Like x 3
  5. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked up 3D printed black ankle fillers meant for PotP Nemesis in advance. Eager to see if they work out if nothing else to avoid strain over time.

Also planning to skip the stickers in favor of the Glow in the Dark decals from Ocean meant for PotP Optimus. Only going to use the trailer stripes and faction logos most likely since the added details were fairly US Optimus specific.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I ordered the same day, but mine still says unfulfilled too.:( :cry 

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Waiting sucks :lol :lolol 

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I pulled the trigger with fast shipping. Hope this works.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    If only Perfect Effect had came out with their "Cab Bot" that is more accurate to Star Convoy's alternate mode (maybe with a more accurate chest too)

I would have given this piece a chance.

Right now the Bot mode is there (more or less) but unfortunately, his alternate mode leaves much to be desired.

Oh well...

10. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    That was why I hesitated so long in the first place. Even right before ordering I was toying with getting an actual Star Convoy off ebay.

11. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Well...not me. The PotP Nemesis Prime we have I think is great. I like that it is it's own character and retooled and not just a repaint clone.

• Like Like x 2
  12. FD3S

FD3S 3rd Generation RX-7

Very glad I pre-ordered Super Megatron, but I just can't bring myself to pick up Star Convoy. I've drooled over his (very stylistically unique) art/design for so long that even with all the retooling and additions done for the Leader OP figure I still can't see it as anything but G1 Prime because that's the character the mold's proportions are meant for.

13. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    I feel like Gilthor takes the place that Black Convoy would take in terms of The Battlestars era and that Takara would prioritize Gilthor.

And I can see a Gilthor coming out of one of the Siege Optimuses/Ultra Magnus.

He can work going off Siege Optimus with a retool if you squint but I could also MAYBE see them folding in the False Convoy concept with a basic robot mode that looks like G1 Optimus and a larger combined mode as Gilthor with the cannon trailer. Or maybe a basic Gilthor and Super Gilthor that looks more Scourge-y.

I'm trying to think how exactly Car Robots/RiD Scourge fits in the G1 timeline Takara has going. He's separate from Nemesis Prime or Nucleon Quest Convoy and predates Battle Convoy and G-2 Ultra Magnus by a few decades. In western media, he was an Autobot corrupted by Predacons.

I feel like ever since Takara decided Car Robots takes place between S2 and TFTM that Scourge and Ruination are probably problem characters continuity wise.

Anyhoo...

I wouldn't be terribly shocked to see them do another black take on the Ginrai/PMOP mold as Nucleon Quest Convoy next since that immediately follows Star Convoy and coexists technically with Ultra Megatron.

The Selects are KINDOF tracing that chronology. And what follows Seacons are probably BW2/Neo stuff like the King Poseidon redeco, G-2, Nucleon Quest, etc.

I'd buy TR Voyager Optimus as G-2 Magnus, particularly if they tossed in both a faceplate version and the Ultra Magnus headmaster from the Arcee TRU set as two heads since the eHobby Manga had Magnus change between the two faces in his G-2 form.

Overall on my horizon:

King Poseidon redeco.
    Sky Garry and Grandus designed to link up with Star Convoy. (IMHO works best with TR Soundwave as the basis for Grandus and Siege Shockwave as Sky Garry.)
    Gilthor.
    Nucleon Quest Convoy.
    Fire Guts Ginrai.
    G-2 Battle Magnus.
    Black God Magnus.
    Galaman drones, maybe? Siege Seeker base in a two pack?
    Maybe a boxed set of the various Return of Convoy Autobot MMs?

• Like Like x 1
  14. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh damnit, the Super Megatron pre-orders are sold out? Aaaagh that's not fair!!

...haha, just kidding. I got my pre-order in on day one.

• Like Like x 7
  15. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

Probably better off getting Star Convoy now, while it's still readily available. You'll have a hard time getting it later on, and if you still don't want it, you can easily sell it off.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Star Convoy looks sooo much better with toyhax labels. I only used 75% of them but it makes a world of difference. Especially replacing those shitty trailer stickers he came with.

5957851B-84F9-4497-95F1-0F08D270319B.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I've brought this up before, but since Takara is aiming to preserve the Battlestars scale, Shockwave is too small for Sky Garry. TR Astrotrain is the right size though. In addition, since we've had retools but never 100% all new figures, I doubt there's the parts budget for a Shockwave to Sky Garry either.

I find myself really thinking about how great FOC Kickback retooled would be as Galaman.

• Like Like x 2
  18. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    TR Astrotrain has the wrong transformation scheme. I would take 1/8th of an inch height difference to preserve the vehicle mode and not have a fake chest. Siege Shockwave has a very similar vehicle mode to Sky Garry. TR Astrotrain is barely any taller and would involve a complete retool.

19. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    What? TR Astrotrain and Sky Garry have practically the exact same transformation scheme. Toes are the nosecone, legs are the front, wings and arms end up in the back as the ship mode is pretty much the robot on his back.

Siege Shockwave is almost certainly gangmolded with all the "extra" leader class parts, which would also be excessive production cost to either demold or inject and then not use. He'd require a ton of new tooling to get the alt mode even similar.

• Like Like x 1
  20. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Maybe after Super Megatron the next release/ retool will be Sky Garry from said Earthrise/ Siege Astrotrain.