Generations Selects Star Convoy, Super Megatron & Snaptrap figures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Paladin, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    the distinction is very important since this is an import and not a domestic hasbro release. it was released by a separate company.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Onslaught Phase 2

Onslaught Phase 2 Know my name and fear it!

As it turns out, read somewhere else and saw their website, delayed to December 2nd

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

This is the first labeled TT release on Pulse, not counting MPM-8, which released like any other MP. There's no real point of reference for this, and nothing at all that addresses the repeated delays. We can speculate it being due to shipping and demand, but as stated, this is still new territory as far as Pulse goes; past TT Mall Exclusive scenarios may not apply at all and this could just be a standalone scenario specific just to this release.

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Keeping my fingers crossed they have more of these available than were up for pre-order (which I missed).

5. Fenrys

News Credits:
    while all of this is true, it has very little to do with what i said. you said that this was hasbros own product, which it isnt.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sanity Bleeds

And I still don't see that as an important distinction now with the brand harmonization. This isn't being marketed like a TT Mall Exclusive, and the products are still manufactured and packaged in the same location, with no significant difference in packaging, if any. While just a few years ago this could have resulted in wildly different figures and packaging, this is no longer the case today. In fact, everything I buy now via Hasbro is labeled as Takara Tomy on all packaging.

7. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe they don’t ship directly from the factories to Hasbro. Maybe they stop in Japan first and TT sends them to Hasbro. Inefficient but we don’t know how it works.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fenrys

News Credits:
    brand unification only applies to the main lines. this is marketed as an import on pulse, therefore it is an important distinction regardless of if you think it is or not. this has different packaging from usa releases, isnt being released domestically and is not cross branded hasbro/takara tomy like the mainlines are.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Sanity Bleeds

You'll never convince me the distinction is important. This being an import or sold in exclusive markets doesn't have anything to do with the branding, especially when every other product they have except this, and possibly King Poseidon still carries that cross branding. It's no different than Hardee's/Carl's Jr or Speedway/Super America. Same product, same packaging, same manufacturing, same revenue. Just because one sells a product in a select location doesn't make it a different company's product.

10. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Soooo much of what you said there is simply incorrect.

Takara and Hasbro are different companies. Hardee's and Carl's Jr. (to use one of your examples) are not.
    Many of these products WILL NOT have cross branding.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Sanity Bleeds

Separate, but partnered companies, yes, but the product and the branding are the same almost completely across the board now. The distinction makes no difference when it comes to Generations, Masterpiece, or Studio Series. As far as Star Convoy being considered an import, it makes no difference, especially when it's Hasbro doing the distributing, just as with every other Transformer release.

12. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    EXCEPT in cases where a toy is exclusive to either Hasbro or Takara/Tomy. And those specific instances are the whole point of this conversation, so acting like they don't matter because everything else is cross-branded entirely misses what is being discussed in the first place.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Sanity Bleeds

What was being discussed in the first place was the fact Pulse still hadn't shipped any of these, and then we got hung up on the fact these were Takara imports, and that was somehow significant despite every other Takara product that Hasbro distributes being made overseas and brought here for them to distribute under the same brand unification, these being distinguishable only by the fact they weren't a mainline release, which also warranted a significant price markup and repeated delays. But sure, let's keep going back and forth about how there is no important distinction with these from any other Hasbro-Takara distribution but price and production size.

14. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Then you are choosing to be ignorant and can’t be helped. Continue on spouting your fallacies

Wait weren’t you the one saying there was not distinction? And now you’re saying there is? You really need to make up your mind

• Like Like x 3
  15. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Can’t wait for Armada Prime to be announced as a Tokyo Fish Market exclusive, available only with a qualifying purchase of ¥15,000 worth of salmon.

• Like Like x 11
  16. Sanity Bleeds

Weren't you the one saying I can't be helped but you're continuing to drag this out even further? Now you're trying to change my words? I've never said there was no distinction, I've said repeatedly the distinction is meaningless and insignificant, but sure, let's keep revisiting it over and over, because you seem to think the distinction actually matters? Either accept you're not going to convince me the distinction matters, or keep rehashing this over and over just to fill your time. I'm not going to keep reiterating the same point that the distinction makes no difference, but by all means, you keep insisting that it does to you.

17. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    Sooooooo, Star Convoy? If there is another delay from Pulse or another B.S. " We had to cancel your order due to the shipment getting destroyed", like the cassettes. I will be supremely miffed!!! rant.gif

• Like Like x 4
  18. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Kindly get out of this thread please? Lol.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really getting antsy for Super Megatron's reveal.

Where the hell is it TakTom? :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  20. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Building up to whatever "Project Raiden" is on Dec 3.

• Like Like x 4