Generations Selects Seacons in color

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Aug 1, 2019.

1. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    They could be done cheaper, and Hasbro likely would have done that if there had been more time, but the Prime Wars Trilogy is over and we never got a chance at Seacons let alone repaints/retools of the Dinobots.

So Takara decided to do them for Legends EX, which turned into their Generation Selects line for brand unity, so we get Seacons but they're TTMall exclusives and carry an exclusive item price tag.

• Like Like x 3
  2. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    It's a combination of GREED and Hedging their bets. With a side of HasTak board meeting politics as well.

I honestly think they would've done around the same numbers as Terrorcon's did last year. Now those "Trainbots", they can sell them via TT Mall or anywhere they want.

3. Junkmech

Junkmech Trashcan on Legs

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Star Convoy's point at the end there is bad-freakin'-ass. I want a 3P to do an MP style Star Convoy someday now.

4. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Wasn't Overlord strictly a part on Masterforce until IDW gave him US relevance via LSOTW...?

Point being that IDW could've done the same thing with the Seacon's. But to be fair most IDW stories involving Combiners were trash. So somebody willing to gamble with this current "Transformers Galaxies series" (staring the Constructicon's) let the rest of us know if it's worth the read.

5. RickyLeeSTF

RickyLeeSTF Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You mean like the one Ocular Max is doing?
    53A288C3-2454-4115-8D1A-6B5B071CEEE1.jpeg 24D719DE-8137-4293-9BDA-D70458639E48.jpeg AA389057-349D-4551-AF58-4E3F89FC471E.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Why not Takara?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  8. Junkmech

Junkmech Trashcan on Legs

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I had no idea about this, totally badass! Looks really cool. Know what the project is called?

Honestly? Price. I don't wanna spend 400$ on a single MP.

Not trying to derail the thread with this though.

9. Red dragon 29

Red dragon 29 Well-Known Member

Umm hasbro and taraka are one company now with transformers that why they don’t do legends repainted in seige line

• Like Like x 2
  10. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    The people content with spending more dollars than "sense" on the subject will likely trying to shut you up about it. But I'm here to tell HasTak that TT Mall or whatever they call their price gouging asses shouldn't have been the last resort for Seacons production.

HasTak would've made more money from me and many others around the world if they would've released them themselves and that's even if it was still a set of Selects. Keep that in mind with the next exclusive project you divvy out.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  11. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    Still the arguing about prices... remember, we are getting extensive retools, more additional parts than the typical toy, and more paint for these.

• Like Like x 4
  12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    “Extensive retools” is kind of a bogus backup for inflated costs because it’s not like we don’t get plenty of new moulds at retail.

• Like Like x 2
  13. grindcore138

grindcore138 Strong children! Childlike fish! Seaconsuuu!!!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Well sure, they could also have done a Torca miniseries, I'm not sure what this has to do with my post considering I'm not a "Western audiences don't know the Seacons" guy anyway.

That's not what the brand unification thing means, Hasbro and Takara are business partners not one company, they just release the same mainline Transformers as each other with no changes now, that doesn't mean Takara aren't allowed to do their own thing anymore, they're just not doing it as often these days. I mean, the whole point of Generations Selects, both Hasbro's and Takara's takes, is to be able to put out cool stuff that for whatever reason doesn't have a place in the mainline TF stuff, and potentially wouldn't for quite some time either.
    The Seacons are a Combiner team which thematically don't match up with what's going on in Siege, therefore Generations Selects. The alternative is HasTak could have sat on the designs until they decided to revisit Combiners again, whenever that may be, likely without most of the accessories and the regular POTP stylez hands and feet because budgets and price points and whatnot that the Selects stuff isn't beholden to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 5
  14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Shit is getting expensive all around. Ultimately you dictate which direction the companies go by your wallet. Let's not go at each other's throats over difference of opinion. Seacons look cool and have improvements over Prime Wars combiners but maybe not enough to convince me to pay up.

• Like Like x 3
  15. GizmoTron

Ebay:
    Some people just like being stuck in the "Anger" phase.

Granted that these aren't better engineered than any other Generations toy, you're mostly paying the price for these being exclusives. But we still don't get retools that add parts or cost to the toy at retail. If these had been released at Hasbro's PotP pricepoint, they wouldn't have had the very unique hands/feet and extra weapons anymore. Heck, like Grimlock and Hun-Grr, Snaptrap/Turtler probably wouldn't have come with any weapons, not to mention far less paint and possibly those crappy foil stickers again.

• Like Like x 6
  16. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    I don't get why ppl are upset about this one. They can always get the better value TFC version.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Red dragon 29

Red dragon 29 Well-Known Member

Don’t forget cheaper plastic and holes everywhere already broken my ultramagnus how cheap the plastic tabs are and joints

18. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no they're not one company in any capacity, thats why these are specifically billed as takara tomy imports on hasbro pulse. thinking that they are one company is ignoring facts

• Like Like x 6
  19. GizmoTron

Ebay:
    They easily could do that, but it's not really about the Seacons at all. Just that like with the other combiners some people think they must have them because "G1". And for all of the complaints about Hasbro's budgeting and quality, many people actually liked that because of those things you could pick up all of the other combiners at retail on the cheap. But unfortunately this time, they just can't.

20. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I can't wait to see the last two Seacons in their full glory. I was a big fan of Combiner Wars (still am actually) so it's cool to see combiners again. I have two sets or each ordered and I have no idea why. I guess they just speak to me. I never had Seaking growing up so this is my every first one and I'm excited!

• Like Like x 4