Generations Selects Seacons in color

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Aug 1, 2019.

1. WereDragon EX

WereDragon EX Well-Known Member

Not denying what gender the characters are. I'm just saying that a mold that was used for a female character can easily be later used for a male one and vice versa, so I don't know how much in the way of "proof" using the Chromia mold for Tentakil is in the way of a God Naptune redeco.

2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Never said it was proof, I said it was the biggest implication that they are at least future proofing for god Neptune

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only thing against it right now is that Turtler got a new body and Halfshell didn’t... but it doesn’t mean he won’t.

• Like Like x 2
  4. blazemongr

blazemongr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

Here's the thing-- since Nautilator was not part of God Neptune for the sake of accuracy there's a higher chance he's getting dropped, period. TakaraTomy is not like Hasbro and would just make up a new member on the spot which is why they didn't use new characters like Rook or Alpha Bravo on the other existing combiners (Grand Galvatron, Megatronia, Sky Reign and Optimus being 100% new combiners they could do whatever they wanted with them), or even bothered to sell Hasbro's Liokaiser.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Yet they’ve released both generations windblades, throne of primes primal and other assorted figures that don’t have a basis in the source material. let’s not pretend that Takara never deviates from the source material, they may do it less than hasbro but it still happens

• Like Like x 6
  7. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Been wondering... can we maybe turn the robot feet 180 degrees on Seawing, and then in beast mode the monster feet would point forward?

Lol the 35$ toy is NOT the thing only the 1% can afford. Extra homes, private planes, weekend houses in the Bahamas, priceless art... But Transformers? I am an IT guy in middle management and even I can afford WFC Unicron. Trust me no-one here is part of the 1%

• Like Like x 2
  8. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Knowing Takara's insane topn accuracy fetish these days, would not be surprised if the BWII repaints came with only parts of the big sword and no Nautilator. But yeah, I would hope Tentakil would get a new robot head and chest, and maybe a remolded squid face for those luscious Scylla lips! :) 

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Resident Asshole

News Credits:
    My point
    Your head

• Like Like x 1
  10. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    And Popeye's chicken sandwiches.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Grand Slam

Grand Slam "The sounds of war are history speaking."

Your understanding of the 1% is way off. You’re more describing the 0.1%. But you are also right that Unicron is hardly exclusive to the 1%.

• Like Like x 3
  12. WereDragon EX

I saw the comic, but am confused about the nature of this "new body". Did Turtler maybe get reformatted and change from a body resembling his G1 figure to one resembling the new Takara figure? Given that Halfshell is also in the comic and his original figure is a Turtler redeco, I can't imagine that he's not there to promote a future redeco of the new Turtler figure.

If Takara omits accessories and even the Nautilator figure from a God Neptune redeco, my question then becomes, what benefit would that serve them? I can't imagine that God Neptune is all that popular of a character (and from what I can tell, he seems to have very niche appeal) and the main reason anyone would get redecoed Seacons is if they either really liked God Neptune's character or missed out on the original Seacon releases and want something functionally the same and can overlook the different colors.

Omitting the Nautilator figure and accessories, while faithful to the original God Neptune, would likely turn off the latter group from considering the redecos because they would see the redecos as "inferior" to the original Seacon figures on a functional and play value level. Plus, it also seems like a waste considering Takara did the requisite engineering to enable the limb Seacons to assume their weapon modes, and by omitting accessories, they at least partly neuter said weapon mode in the process, as those accessories are necessary for that mode. Takara would only really appeal to the former group with this theoretical approach, but even that group might not bite because the redecos are "neutered" from the original releases.

13. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’ve never seen the show God Neptune was in, but I own the toy. I’d get God Neptune no matter how they did it because 1. I collect all CW compatible toys, and 2. I just love the deco! Adding a new character from Nautilator and all of the guns would be icing on the cake.

14. WereDragon EX

As a sidenote, it seems that all of the limb Seacons have the combiner hand mounted on the bottom of their weapon modes in place of the weapon stands from their G1 figures. What is the point of this? Is it to give the gestalt the option to either directly integrate the Seacon serving as weapon into a wrist/arm mounted weapon (in which case you just connect the combiner hand attached to the weapon Seacon to the gestalt directly)? Or is it so you can have the option of the gestalt wielding the weapon Seacon as a handheld weapon (which seems to be doable if you flip down the 5mm peg at the end of the combiner hand attached to the weapon Seacon and plug that into the 5mm port of another combiner hand, namely the one already attached to the gestalt.).

Also, it seems that Turtler's gun weapon has a few ports on it that don't appear to serve any discernable purpose, so I'm puzzled as to why they are there. Might it be so you could, say, plug the guns of the other Seacons to it to form a "super-gun" (like the one UW Computron has)? I suppose that's a possible option for a gun weapon if you don't want to use a Seacon for that purpose.

15. WereDragon EX

So you would be in the former group, the one with some sort of attachment to God Neptune already as a character and might not mind a "neutered release" (or at least not be as bothered by it). That's fine, but I can't help but think Takara might just be throwing away potential sales (and not getting as much mileage out of the engineering to give the limb Seacobns their weapon modes) by taking this approach with a God Neptune redeco. Moreso if they omit accessories as well, since I imagine quite a bit of design and engineering work went into those as well, considering that all accessories the Seacons have appear to be new.

16. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’m pretty confident they’ll include everything. They spent all this money to retool the molds. Be a shame to ignore it. We shall see.

17. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

But by only have one voyager and four Deluxe figures they could offer a cheaper box set.

Cheaper, accurate, and the same molds in a different color, it’s a perfect way to squeeze out a little more profit with not having to do much more work.

18. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:

• Like Like x 4
  19. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

Well I wouldn't say Takara doesn't create new characters. They simply do it when they want and what they want. For instance the female combiner team. They are much more likely to create fembots rather than toss in a rook or AB. But on Nautilator people can be right that he will be left out lore wise. He is definitely on the chopping-board. As shown prior Takara has no problem to leave him out. Even though they could have sold a 6 pack set during the BW2 era they simply made a simpler version in all white omitting him. Though I must say the characters that were left had a very colorful story and background. Much more so than the original.

20. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Takara could always make a "Misfits" boxset. consisting of Rook, Alpha Bravo, Offroad and a bw2 styled Nautilator with the american Dezarus as a way of "catching up"

• Like Like x 3