Generations Selects Seacons in color

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Aug 1, 2019.

1. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

Squidward of course!

• Like Like x 4
  2. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

How do you mean hiding the legs? Basically the g1 are squars that you extend and flip out some alt mode kibble.
    I don't think what you say is even remotely true since the robot modes more often than not are the afterthought...

• Like Like x 4
  3. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

My issue is even with the level of engineering back the, an effort was made to make the Robot and altmode distinct, sure they were bricks in robot mode but there were attempts to hide things like the legs and feet.

now, even though they are more articulated, corners are being drastically cut engineering and parts are being shared. it gives us great robot modes for the most part but the Alt mode in the seacon's case has suffered. I mean G1 Nautilator's robot legs were designed to mimic a lobster's tail in alt mode, while you look at the back of the modern rendition and rather than a robo lobster tail, it's obviously the lower legs of the robot mode.

it's an obvious sign of cutting corners to get a product out, it's the same policy that basically screwed over Titan's return Broadside.

it's especially egregious, when you consider that they retooled so much yet the essentially didn't finish the job.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Well these have to be remoulds rather than completely new molds. If they were completely new molds, they would look a lot better. As it is, they do look a whole lot better than Hasbro’s usual offerings. I can’t ask for more in terms of paint and remolding.

• Like Like x 4
  5. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think these will have any more paint than the Terrorcons. If anything, I am prepared for lower quality (hoping otherwise of course). End of the month we'll get our first Takara Select release, so let's see (edit:...how Takara handles the Select line from their side).

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  6. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    My father was a lobster fisherman (and herring, scallops, tuna). I helped out when I was a kid ever summer, and during & after high school worked with other fishermen for a couple of years before moving to Vancouver. So I really dig Nautilator’s alt mode.

The Seacons are less nostalgic for me than the other combiners. My fondness for them comes more from my lingering ichtheologistic interests.

I’m still not sure how much these are gonna cost for me here, but I’ll let you all know when I find out. The prices being talked about here are far more than what I paid for my most expensive Takara versions of Titans Returns figures.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

A worthy sacrifice for seperatable legs, elbows and knees.

• Like Like x 5
  8. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Yes, yes ... and cars costs a lot compared to toys, and houses cost a lot compared to cars, and fighter jets cost a lot compared to houses, etc. But the conversation is specifically about this one product, this line, not MP or other stuff.

I dislike it when people try to change the subject, dismiss it with "it could be worse" logic.

• Like Like x 1
  9. denebian

denebian I've got better things to do tonight...

News Credits:
    Only one part of Peranacon's sword. Seawing has the top part, Nautilator has the axe/handle.

10. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Should I assume you know where that name came from? I hope so. :) 

11. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    You're right. They should go back to being bricks.

12. lordsmurf

Twitter:
    Yes, because that's what he meant. :rolleyes: 

13. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Are the people talking about pricing being too high ordering/looked up listings from TTMall, Hasbro Pulse, or NA Retailers? From what I see they have the same price range.

14. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This new generation select Seacons build figure is going to look awesome and yes i want. Man i really need that Futurama meme (shut up and take my money ready fast) cause i want this set. I know they won't be coming out till next year but wow i can't wait to see them all combined in person and pictures from toy fair etc.

15. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    they're comparing the prices to mass market hasbro releases and don't understand the reason for the price increase, especially since hasbro is selling them on their site as imports. people think since hasbro is listing them that they are hasbro domestic releases

• Like Like x 6
  16. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    So...if the first two are due in Jan and the second set is due in Feb...the third set (hopefully) would be due in March.

Which could mean if you're opting to use someone other than Pulse for your pre-orders...you could potentially get them all in one stack/PoL within the deadlines before they automatically ship.

I'm considering it. Especially since, as some have pointed out, there's always a risk of QC issues that Pulse isn't as good at resolving as a place like TFSource or BBTS.

• Like Like x 2
  17. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think I saw one member's post and he/she was checking/ordering from a reseller in their country, and the prices were a bit too high. That's different from those people comparing it with the prices over at Walmart / Target / Pulse for regular releases. Yes, I agree with you, Pulse is importing the seacons at the same price as what's listed on TTMall. Not sure why it would have the same price of mass retail release.

Just to add, these Seacons are a Takara Exclusive, hence the price.

• Like Like x 3
  18. lordsmurf

Twitter:
    That is a good point.

Have you ever written Pulse for customer support? Anything you ask is replied to with a "no"/negative. If there's a problem, they expect you to pay your own shipping back to them, for the entire item. It's not as bad as Hasbro Toy Shop (HTS), with no guarantees on what you get back, but still not true service. For a collector's shop, they seem inexcusably unaware of what collectors need/want (good paint, not two left feet, non-destroyed package, etc). Not as bad as Amazon, but definitely not a BBTS.

For me, post-tax Pulse and non-tax BBTS is the same, so I get most TFs from BBTS. Mostly just Marvel Legends from Pulse. If TFSource would also go for $4 flat shipping, I'd be more inclined to shop with them, especially since BBTS is better. I like TCP, but just for the pricier items to hit that $150 free shipping threshold.

The only upside of Pulse is you get the item up to a month earlier than other etailers.

19. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Ok, the TL;DR: Takara import or not, whether you agree with them or not, the prices are what they are. And the next one isn't going to be any cheaper, or the next one, or the next no matter how many you already bought or how much you spent this year. You spent $400 on Transformers this year? Great, now Hasbro will take $400 more (and they don't have a buy 9 get the 10th free loyalty program). So either keep on whining about it and being miserable, or get over it and learn to deal like everyone else has to do.

• Like Like x 4
  20. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I really feel like "Kraken" is a more fitting name for Tentakill.

• Like Like x 2