Generations Selects Seacons in color

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Optronix1087

Optronix1087 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So basically they said not to worry that they will get them no matter what. I’ve bought from BBTS since they started soI trust them. I guess if they don’t get the shipment they planned on they’ll buy them to ensure what little preorders were made will be fulfilled.

2. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Various sites have the Transform Dream Wave kit up for pre-order:
    reduced-image_17178_0_1593188254.png reduced-image_17178_5_1593188254.png

Not sure what the final colors will be. I can already guess the new trident will be too heavy to hold. There's another picture that shows you need to do a new fanmode transformation for the torso. The new chest / head piece assembly has its own combiner ports.
    reduced-image_17178_2_1593188254.png

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The weight is no longer a problem for the elbows since it comes with new ones. I don't like splitting them in half to make that work. Too hard to replace them if something goes wrong. No thanks.

4. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

It just looks like a new piece goes over the arm-bot thighs.

5. denebian

denebian I've got better things to do tonight...

News Credits:
    The elbow pieces appear to have ball joints for the legs to clip onto, so it looks like they replace the thighs/hips on the arm bots.

6. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I wish it was just a sleeve that went around the combiner elbows. Those guys have to hold up a ton of weight if you're giving them weapons and a Deluxe Targetmaster and I'm not sure I like the idea of a 3P middle-man that goes between the stock ball and socket joint. Feels like a risk of creating a break point there.

It's a neat idea, but just toooooooo much. Especially if we have to start taking stuff apart.

• Like Like x 3
  7. MasterScale

MasterScale Loose, comes with baggage...

Just ran to look at my King Poseidon, and I think... and obviously this is just conjecture (with a dash of hope), that the 'ball joints' on the elbow pieces plug into the hollow spaces inside the arm bot's thigh. If you look, you can see the hinge on the replacement elbow, and I'm guessing that adds support for the extra weight of, say, another limb bot being used as a weapon. Also, you can see hinges on the combiner elbows, so I'm hoping that this means these are a wrap around and not a replacement.

I'm also hoping the 5mm ports on the feet plug into Tentakill more securely.

On the other hand, if the combiner elbow pieces are intended for replacement, I'll just set those off to the side and use everything else. And to be fair, some of their other sets have required some re-assembly (though not to the extent of completely removing the legs from combiner limbs).

I guess someone could hope onto ol' FB (if they use it) or their website and ask them directly.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. shadowbug

shadowbug Well-Known Member

The elbow hinge occupies exactly where the individual robots thighs would be...if these were wrap around then they would need to be way thicker.

9. MasterScale

Good point.

10. Jigga

Jigga Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ziltama

News Credits:
    I see the TDW kit as being a niche add-on for a niche figure: always stay in combiner mode in a display case.

I used to buy all sorts of add-on kits for combiners and then stopped. QC issues are problematic as well as making transformations and play time extremely annoying. Not to mention adding lots of extra weight that the combiner pegs as knees cannot support.

I can already see my kid not playing with Seacons anymore with this kit installed, which would be automatic fail.

Edit#1:
    That's interesting. Google translate says "pre-sale" so assuming pre-orders and not actually in stock. They do appear to have quite a decent number of units up for pre-sale.

I wonder if this means other sites like TFSafari will finally get their restocks they were expecting from last month.

Edit #2:
    Ok, and just like that, TFSafari listed Gulf back on sale again. The others still say sold out. I guess that could change later too.

Link:
    seacon

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  12. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I like the idea of reinforcing the limbs, but he has a cool sword and already looks pretty good. I don't want to pay $50 to set it all aside.

Hopefully there's some initial preview/reviews of how this comes together. And I'm assuming they'll do a Neptune kit as well.

13. shadowbug

Yeah, i think they over did it this time. I have their superion, computron, and abominus sets ane use all the parts from each. This set just has more than they needed and is 50% more expensive. They should have gone the other way round, $25 for thigh fillers, maybe a new chest with hip skirts, and heel spurs that look better than using the extra hands.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Predaconforever

Predaconforever Well-Known Member

Soo they make new feet and practically make a bunch of stuff to make him a thicc boy, but they couldn't make new hands? Or at least some way to make an attachment for the sixth seacon to be used as a gun with the new hands? So they're just not making hands

15. ziltama

News Credits:
    Well, you can use the 5mm peg on the handstand to hold the Seacon. However, Targetmaster mode in general is utter fail as adding the weight of a deluxe at the end of the combiner limb will cause it to topple over (even if the elbow is locked)...unless used as a cane.

16. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    And if, after all this, Piranacon still can't hold a Deluxe gun...is the upgrade kit worth it?

17. MasterScale

I'm not doubing you either of you, I'm just trying to figure this out, but if the elbow peices are inteneded to replace the arm bot's thighs and legs, then where do the ball joints on the elbow peices go? It's the waist of the arm bot that has the ball joints. And from there, as @shadowbug was pointing out, the elbow peices are too narrow to simply wrap around the existing legs... I'm confused at the moment trying to figure it out.

I was excited about this at first - mostly for the thigh beefer-uppers and the sword that I don't have to worry about breaking. And the new, wider feet. I also feel the existing chest on the stock figure is just fine. Really if this set was just the thigh enhacers, the sword and better heel spurs/feet that fit Tentakill be I'd be fine.

18. shadowbug

The ball joints on the elbow pieces would connect to the legs and they would be collapsed like in alt mode...instead of extended.

19. MasterScale

I hope you don't mind me asking, but I was wondering - since you seem to be knowledgable on the subject of repairs based off other posts of your's that I've seen - do you have any advice on how to fix the dreaded crack that happens at the 5mm port on the trident 'wing' pieces? I was just looking at my set and saw it. It was soooo fine I almost didn't see it, but I caught it somehow. Glad I did.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  20. gpilkay

gpilkay Active Member

What I've done myself is very gently press the peg in enough to see the crack, put some super glue in, and take the peg out FAST to let the socket close with glue in the crack. Wipe everything off with a super dry napkin to get rid of residue, superglue reacts to any moisture. Once the socket totally dries, I've used a small cylindrical stone (sandpaper on a dowel works too) to open the socket a bit, to make it looser so it won't crack again. This is just what I've done, there may be a better way.

• Like Like x 2