Generations Selects Seacons in color

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Aug 1, 2019.

1. DarkProwler

DarkProwler Well-Known Member

Just got my email!

happening.gif

• Like Like x 8
  2. ElDiablo

ElDiablo Well-Known Member

Because it's different and that makes people uncomfortable. Some (non-TF related) online businesses will give you a warning that your order may ship in multiple packages, but Pulse never has. It threw me off the first time I ordered with them, as well, but now i don't really care. I'm assuming this is the system that works best for them and whatever deal they have with FedEx.

The envelope thing is no good, though, but like daimchoc said, that might be from a FedEx screwup.

3. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got an email from Tfsource saying my last two Seacons are in. Hooray happy day!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    same. Just took some time. Their shipment probably got audited or whatever the mail version is called and had to be inspected. Not that big of a deal and not tfsource’s fault.

• Like Like x 2
  5. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    Same! :rock 

• Like Like x 2
  6. CynicalGaymer

CynicalGaymer Well-Known Member

Same. So excited to finally fill that void on my shelf that I'd set aside for Piranacon / King Poseidon!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Whatthechuck3

Whatthechuck3 Well-Known Member

Got my TFSource email as well. It’s paid in full. Pirhannacon shall be complete.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire ...

News Credits:
    Finally! Now TFSource can send my last 2 & I can put this crap behind me.

Most frustrating release ever!
    :mad: 

This release has really turned me off from collecting. I've been questioning my sanity more & more lately.

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Astoriacrew

Astoriacrew Well-Known Member

I have a slight problem with Lobclaw's combiner port. There's a slight stress mark/small crack, is there anything to fix it before it gets worse?

10. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    ....And it wouldn't have happened if both Tentakil and Overbite was in the same box together, yeah?

It's because of things like the Seacons orders ended up getting separated. Getting Tentakil now, then getting Overbite a few days later, when really it SHOULD have been in a single order, in a single box, like every other retailer does it. I work at UPS, and FedEx's internal practices really aren't much different. The chances of a product getting separated, fucked up, or what not go up when you ship like this. Bigger packages go straight into a trailer rather than going through a smalls package process. Less travel on belts, less internal workers handling your package, less chance for a worker to fuck things up.

Chances are the shipping box got mauled during transport, that's why it came in an envelope. I'll make my end judgement when I get Overbite.

11. ziltama

ziltama Lurks, mods, molds, and casts

News Credits:
    1) Need picture.

2) Possibly carefully applied epoxy.

12. Astoriacrew

20200514_163336.jpg

13. ziltama

ziltama Lurks, mods, molds, and casts

News Credits:
    My Lobclaw has been in delivery purgatory for about 2 months now. Anyhow, oi, thats a tough one to fix. Superglue is too weak to work. You could try to carefully apply just enough 5 minute epoxy to go in the gap (clear version, which is still very stinky), apply pressure on both sides of the break until the epoxy sets (more like 15-20 minutes for such a tiny amount of epoxy as opposed to 5), and then let it sit for at least one day, if not several, before using the port again. Even fast setting epoxy needs a long time to fully harden (week is best). The residue is actually easy to clean up: after it sets, you can easily scrape off excess epoxy with your fingernail while it's still soft.

Ideally, the surfaces being bonded should be scuffed up to allow for better adhesion but that would totally destroy the port in this case. So, this may still fail since you can't do that.

Edit: There is one other way I can think of, but could result in catastrophic damage and way too risky to do.

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  14. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

It could still happen. I'm assuming you've not been reading discussions about why Pulse has been sending them out in separate boxes. Most figures that were pre-ordered from Pulse comes in and processed separately. If you've placed an order on items that are stocked, they'll likely get shipped together. So, your beef should be with the shipping agent (Fedex). You should contact Pulse saying that the agent handed you an item, but not what you were expecting it to be. Either they give you a replacement, or they give you money back. Good luck!

15. WyldeBill

WyldeBill Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I’ve never seen Pulse send anything in a mailer bag. They even shipped me my Unicron shirt in a cardboard box.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Astoriacrew

Applying pressure for such a small surface is gonna be tough. Superglue won't cut it, but that's all I have in hand. If and when my last 2 Seacons show up, Lobclaw will end up as an extra limb with limited use. Takara-tomy should have done better testing, the plastic is quite thin on this figure.

17. grindcore138

grindcore138 I'm tryin' to get a Sprite sponsorship

News Credits:
    Oh man, that's rough. By any chance did you notice this after using Lobclaw as a leg?

18. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus DON'T TRUST THE RENDERS!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  19. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First world problems. Not like there was a fucking pandemic going on and all you did was bitch and moan about not getting your toys. Seriously are you an adult?

• Like Like x 5
  20. Astoriacrew

I didn't notice until today. I saw the stress mark first after taking off the combiner foot. Then I noticed the small crack near the stress mark. Hopefully the superglue that I applied earlier works. If not, I'll get epoxy glue instead very soon.