Generations Selects Seacons in color

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Chucez

Chucez Well-Known Member

If that's one of those "Pulse sucks. Life us unfair"-related comment, you're probably best served over there.The Hasbro Pulse New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

• Like Like x 1
  2. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus DON'T TRUST THE RENDERS!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Huh, Hasbro sent FedEx the shipping data for Seawing and Nautilator yesterday, but I only got the email for Seawing.

3. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because you're so damn quotable?

• Like Like x 6
  5. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Temp Banned

News Credits:
    :lol 

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Scopedog

Scopedog Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    They don't fit but they've been redesigned with a 5mm post.

King Poseidon Claws (PotP/Generations) by TrentTroop on Shapeways

"This revised design (as of 5/1/20) plugs into 5mm port at the top of the King Poseidon fist-plate, and can thus attach to any surface with a 5mm port."

Attached Files:

7. Chucez

Chucez Well-Known Member

Oh that's because you're the "link" between him and Pulse in this mysterious puzzle we call life.

Edit: I gotta come in with some kind context if i'm gonna fly in from way in out in the back of left field.

• Like Like x 2
  8. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Aaaargh Mateys!! I think people here are getting delusional and driven crazy waiting for the last two to go on in stock orders.

Hilarious posts going on lol.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chucez

Chucez Well-Known Member

Imagine what sort of insanity a man can be thrown into whilst pressing ctrl+r at a rate of 20 refreshes/hr for 20 hours a day over the course of 3 weeks. Not even C'thullu could evoke such madness.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Great video thanks. It doesn't cover the full story though. Maybe Hasbro told takara to make those two and then Takara engineered them as they're usually behind the engineering designs but Hasbro behind the looks of the figures and strategy. That also would deserve credit because that's how they work together. On stuff they didn't work together only comes out in Japan usually like Seacons, Big powered, blast off, Super Megs etc.

• Like Like x 1
  11. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    I'm right there with you!!I was checking really rarely for no reason cause the thread was getting lot of posts and I already blew it missing these guys orders. Just going into the thread to see lastest in hand pics.

But then.. when I saw the in stock posts and ordered the first two I went on more often till I secured orders the next two last week. Now it's been a total downward spiral going on this thread and pulse all day to make sure I don't miss the last two!!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tentakil arriving today! Overbite arriving tomorrow!

• Like Like x 3
  13. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    So....pretty much you're experiencing the same thing all the preorder folks went through last year... the constant thread refreshing and pulse-checking...

• Like Like x 1
  14. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Right but by luck of procrastinating, I get the figures shipped mere days after ordering and they're coming not too long after others got the pre orders haha!

Compared to how long ago you had to order.

15. Prowl83

Prowl83 Well-Known Member

It's really eating me up I missed out on Seawing(Kraken) the other day. I have been able to get all the rest of these guys through pulse but that guy is going for "raked across the coals" prices. I'm all for paying a mark up but damn.... I blame myself for trying to resist this set for so long.

• Like Like x 3
  16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's usually the case. TakaraTomy usually do the engineering work for mainline figures, but the character concept and control artwork usually comes via Hasbro. We've seen the design sketches courtesy of folks like Don Figueroa, Guido Guidi, or Emilio Santalucia quite regularly on these boards. Those were all commissioned by Hasbro, not TT. In many of these cases, you can even see that the artist has some engineering ideas in mind (that was one of Don's strengths), as the art is quite detailed. In that case, it just comes down to TT to math that all out and make sure it actually works on a physical level.

Again, the partnership between the two companies sees Hasbro as the "idea men". They're the ones that generally push the brand forward on a worldwide scale, and get the ball rolling on all the mainlines. Without that sense of direction, Takara would've been stuck catering to Japan only, and probably content churning out shellformers like they'd been doing for years, between Beast Wars Neo, Beast Wars II, and Car Robots, and they were steadily going bankrupt within that timeframe. We wouldn't have it nearly so good now without Hasbro having had set their feet to the fire several years ago. Masterpiece and Alternators/Binaltech were originally Hasbro's brainchildren. While ultimately the lines thrived better under TakaraTomy due to their unique market situation, they probably wouldn't have happened without Hasbro's initial push.

Another major turning point for the brand was the 2009 product line. Revenge of the Fallen represented the major push towards the next-level engineering capability that's carried the brand forward ever since, that's completely unmatched within the toy industry at large. Its sister line, Animated, on the other hand, brought proper character design tenets to the forefront: for the first time in the line's history, elements like silhouette, posture, and grounding were carefully considered when designing the actual toys, creating characters that looked like they popped off the screen and had life to them. Both toylines served as major learning opportunities for the designers and engineers that have served the line greatly ever since. I'm convinced that without those stepping stones in place, the current Masterpiece line wouldn't be nearly as jaw-droppingly brilliant as it is. Both lines were Hasbro initiatives.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
  17. Chucez

Chucez Well-Known Member

I'm in the same spot. Last year, i really wanted to jump on the pre-orders, but I just didn't have space in the budget, and i was trying to stay out of collecting. But then this thread popped up after I sold off some of my collection, and I was lucky enough to find some relistings on Pulse. And so I find myself, 6 months later, back in the same situation that I was trying to avoid.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    True, yet I safely had my preorders locked in and got to kick back and relax instead of worrying about finding them later :p 

Although I am glad for those who changed their mind that there are extras going up now:) 

• Like Like x 3
  19. Prowl83

Prowl83 Well-Known Member

I hear ya friend. Honestly the last few years I have mostly been a MP/3p MP collector and have strictly avoided most Mainline wares as they just haven appealed to my. This set hits so many nostalgic buttons for me I just cant help myself. Piranacon was definitely my favorite combiner as a child.

So question for everyone who has had these on order, is Hasbro Pulse just finally shipping out Kraken and Lobclaw? I'm just curious if I'm going to have to go all in on what's available or if I can expect some ever so slightly more reasonable prices to pop up on ebay soon. Like $70. to $80. dollar range?

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kraken and Lobclaw have been shipping from Pulse for at least a couple of weeks now. I've had the first four in-hand for that long.

• Like Like x 3