Generations Selects Seacons in color

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Aug 1, 2019.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    Combination of cancelled POs and extra stock that came across the pond.

2. geekatron prime

geekatron prime Keep on truckin'!

Just got my second set of Turtler & Gulf from Hasbro Pulse. Got my first pair earlier this week. Getting two sets of all six. One to stay combined, the others as individuals. Can't wait for the next two, then the final two. :) 

• Like Like x 4
  3. denebian

denebian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can still get Gulf from Pulse. Turtler is sold out.

Both came back in stock right after Pulse filled all the pre-orders. We anticipate the other 4 will probably follow the same pattern, so keep an eye on Pulse.
    Search Results – Hasbro Pulse (general search for Seacons)
    Search Results – Hasbro Pulse (in stock search for Seacons)
    When they come back in stock the "Pre-order" tag disappears from their listing.
    Unfortunately Pulse doesn't list "Out of Stock" on the search page, and out of stock still shows up on the in stock search.

I think other members have said TFSafari still has Turtler, for a markup. I've never dealt with them.
    seacon (TFSafari seacons)

• Like Like x 2
  4. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    Ordered from TFSafari twice in the past six months, shipped to the U.S. No issues. They are on TFW2005 and they have an unofficial thread also.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Predaconforever

Predaconforever Active Member

Got Turtler and Gulf in. There's some paint that needs to be cleaned up but that's about it, Gulf doesn't have that QC with his fish mode legs that people seem to be having he can stand just fine and they aren't super tight. Turtler though his shield doesn't seem to want to stay plugged into the chest in combined mode, not sure if I'm doing something wrong there and his front right turtle leg doesn't want to stay straight when in beast mode. Other then that love these guys can't wait to finish them off.

• Like Like x 1
  6. PrinceDarian07

PrinceDarian07 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Any news on TFSourse shipping out the last 2?

7. Jhiaxus

Jhiaxus Liege Centuro

Ebay:
    Most likely next week. The previous 2 were second week of March, so its logical for the last 2 to be 2nd week of April.

8. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

Don't see why its a problem anyways, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Superion is by far the BEST combiner out of this entire line of combiners. Having interchangeability, homaging the original figures and getting these great extensive remoulds. Just awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Super4Ever

Super4Ever Well-Known Member

Gulf may say it’s in stock but when I try to order it says that it’s out of stock and changes the quantity to 0 unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I have the same problems with Turtler. I don't have a fix for the legs but the problem with the chest may be the robot mode legs/combiner chest aren't lined up right. Try taking the shield off, move the armature it goes on into position first, leave the turtle head/feet on back down and see if the white tabs on the upper robot mode legs are in line. Adjust them so that they are, insert the shield and see if that works. If not adjust some more until it stays then carefully move the turtle parts up and peg the combiner head in. I hope that is helpful.

11. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got my first pair a couple of days ago, and I gotta say I mostly enjoy them. I was afraid I was gonna get buyer's remorse like I did with the Dai Atlas set and God Bomber. The price still stings a lot, since Pulse is charging me like $40 for shipping after all is said and done (there's no Pulse Premium free shipping to Puerto Rico).

I love the playability they have. Dare I say they have too many accesories. You can barely make them hold all of them, and they look pretty ridiculous holding more guns that they can carry effectively. Siege ports in the forearms would be really helpfull.

I'm gonna get masacred for saying this, but I would have liked a Hasbro CW styled colorscheme. Don't get me wrong, the colors really look awesome, but particularly the Combiner torso is in line with the blandness that comes from the highly faithfull animation colors the UW sets have. Something like toy accurate or original details picled out in silver or something like that would have made it looked even better IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  12. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Cultist of Unicron.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    DSCN5294.JPG
    [​IMG]

DSCN5295.JPG
    [​IMG]

I uhh like collectiondx's reviews for the most part

• Like Like x 11
  13. Kazimir

Kazimir Well-Known Member

I am happy with Gulf and Turtler, moreso than I expected to be. The quality is fantastic and I especially like the feel of the plastic and how sturdy it is. I love the opening mouths on the beast modes!

14. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Gagga blagh blagh

News Credits:
    I tried to order Gulf but, upon navigation to checkout, was informed it's sold out. I'm happy to look again, but I'm not holding my breath.

Edit: attached screen cap.

Attached Files:

15. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You need a friend in FL! Ouch, $40 stings a LOT. I'd say ship it to someone like me who can turn around and ship it to you in PR, but I'm in MI - if you're going to get someone to just Priority Mail them to you, it would be even cheaper if they were in FL or GA, something like that. Surely someone here can and is willing to help out a fellow collector with this. Don't get me wrong, it would still suck to have to pay for Priority for Pulse orders, but roughly 20 bucks is better than 40.

• Like Like x 1
  16. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

Got the last two of these yesterday, I have to say as expensive as they are, if you can afford them they’re worth every penny. They’re spectacular! The colours pop, there are so many accessories, I just wish the Terrorcons, or at least Hun-Grrr, had got this level of treatment! If he had the same removable shield Snap-Trap had, he wouldn’t have such a giant box on his back.

Abominus & Piranacon look great together, they’ll look wonderful on a later-G1 Decepticon shelf together, attacking some Monsterbots & Autobot Headmasters!

A few notes:
    • I bought two of each mold, & there were loose-ish joints on at least some of my figures (my first Skalor wouldn’t stand up in monster mode at all, but my second one was fine) so be aware floor polish could be needed

• Tentakil has at least some range of motion of his head/front two tentacles in monster mode, which I didn’t expect!

• If you did somehow buy a second Snap-Trap like me, the second set of combiner feet are FAR better on Abominus than his stock feet. Seriously, not only do they look far more in proportion now, but for me at least all his stability issues are now gone. He’s like a new toy! (I actually have him balancing on one foot right now)

Personally I recommend Skalor & Tentakil as arms (I feel Tentakil makes a much better arm than leg) with Seawing & Nautilator as the legs. I know this isn’t the ‘official’ configuration, but the colours are far more cohesive in this mode.

I haven’t tried to make Overbite into a limb (the colours clash a bit too much with the others) or a gun (I feel the Trident is a far better weapon, plus stability issues notwithstanding, I don’t think it looks that amazing) but he is still wonderful in both Robot & Shark mode.

Here’s a few photos in case anyone’s at all curious (sorry if a few are pretty dark!):
    6F39E6EB-7F91-4A95-B4DC-6ADB5D9CB831.jpeg EBC14518-46A6-4C88-9E1E-38C0F24BD3C6.jpeg 3813E2F6-D4C6-45AD-905A-1F6A9FF184D3.jpeg 858CFC18-CEA2-497B-B784-2607D598FE47.jpeg AD684043-0721-422A-A910-30DE3A4DF9C7.jpeg 59824A3C-5546-412B-B446-F5E9521166DD.jpeg D3CA8DF9-3EA0-489C-BB89-582A26A471D4.jpeg
    2D820AC2-0839-44E8-AD45-4C7B290B8C8B.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 18
  17. denebian

denebian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That totally sucks! I hope you guys are able to find them at reasonable prices elsewhere, then, since Pulse appears to be sold out again (and aren't actually listing it as sold out).

18. grindcore138

grindcore138 ACAB

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    SIX! SIX! SIX! SEACONSUUUUUUU!!

Finally, as of yesterday the most useless Combiner team with the most totally tubular colour schemes is complete! Tentakil and Overbite were my most anticipated of the set and definitely lived up to my expectations. As with the rest are well worth the money. Only issues with the new additions are my Tentakil's left shoulder ball joint being a bit loose in certain positions and Overbite having a fingerprint on his torso.
    *EDIT* Meant to add, they've thickened up the plastic on Overbite's hand/foot/gun port compared to POTP Rippersnapper, which should quell any concerns about stress marks and cracks.

Now I have to ask myself, do I want Super Megatron for this lot to go up against?

IMG_7161.jpeg

IMG_7147.jpeg

IMG_7125.jpeg

The time has come, I can finally make Scramble 7, allegedly the strongest Destron Combiner but who still got his shit rocked effortlessly by Super Ginrai. I really need to invest in some proper flight stands, this took far too much fiddling to get right, mostly because Cutthroat's hand/foot port is looser than Your Mum lololol
    IMG_7133.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 11
  19. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the offer, thats really kind of you. I have a friend in Texas that helps me sometimes, particularly getting the Target exclusives. I didn't think about asking for his help this time since they are coming in intervals. That's what screwed me over this time, bacause if they would have shipped all 6 at them same time I would have reached their upper threshold for shipping. Thats what makes me miss HTS. I would always take advantage of their free shipping coupons.

20. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Cultist of Unicron.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    20200403_143850.jpg 20200403_144056.jpg 20200403_143952.jpg 20200403_144300.jpg 20200403_144155.jpg 20200403_143742.jpg 20200403_143623.jpg

• Like Like x 12