Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Aug 1, 2019.
Mine are coming tomorrow, just got mail from the store here in the Netherlands. Can't wait!
I just realized Kind Poseidon’s feet arnt just articulated left to right but also front to back! I’ve had him for a month and I had no clue!
I never noticed the swivel till now I thought that was just molded detail
TFSafari is now selling Seacons, for those who missed them earlier.
For some reason it seems Lobclaw is more popular than Kraken.
How do you figure that?
TCP sold out of one over the other, for a good portion of the afternoon, yesterday. eBay seems to have more of Seawing than Nautilator, indicating the latter's selling better. Sold listings seem to show this, too.
Got an extra Lobclaw?
Why not Zoidberg custom?
Four down, two to go!
Any issues with 'wave 2'? Any stress marks forming in the 5 mm combiner holes?
No issues to report on my Kraken, tolerances all around feel a lot better than my Cutthroat, the hand/foot port is just the right tightness with no stress marks forming so far.
Lobclaw has a few minor issues though. His teal paint seems a bit delicate and his Combiner peg has a bit of play in it, similar to Unite Warrior Lightspeed but not as bad, could just be mine, I guess we'll see when more people start getting their hands on him. There is what looks like a stress mark forming on his hand/foot plug already, it's very minor but I'll keep an eye on it and be careful while adjusting the ankle tilts on the Combiner feet.
Anyone use Tfsexpress? I have Lobclaw on order from them and haven't heard anything. Just wondering how reliable they are.
The lobclaw figures alt mode legs are a bit "wanting" in terms of transformation. It is a neat idea with the plastic part going to the chest. But much better would be something that actually connects. Other than that, like you said the combiner port a wee bit play. Nothing bad. The claws are solid, the head is rather solid too though again like with the legs in alt mode it does not peg in anywhere.
Robot mode is a gem. Just perfect. And combined it is sold as well.
Kraken is by far the best out of the 3 deluxes in terms of durability and stability. The 2 halves that make up the back section or the lower arm in combined mode are solid. The alt mode head is a great and neat part of engineering. With the robot head disappearing in it. The legs "what you can call them" underneath a bit odd but they exist purely to keep the alt mode "floating". The wings have a nice thickness and all the pieces are well done. Love the paint on the front of the alt head. So nice.
I am really glad I picked these guys up.
Yes. I have a small stress mark on Nautilator after the second insertion of the hand. Haven't tried the feet yet, probably won't though.
His alt mode legs are the only detractor from a good figure. With the detail of his alt mode head tabbing into the back being there it's a bit baffling why his alt feet don't secure anywhere.
My only concern other than stress was the first time transforming Nautilator the alt mode head assembly was connected super tight and I thought it was going to break. After three times though it's softened up now.
I have a small amount of wiggle room on my combiner peg too. Not severe at all though. I honestly wouldn't have noticed had you not pointed it out (now I'll never unknow it!).
Why does he even have hands?!
I too ordered from them , missed the first 2 , order got messed up on LOBCLAW* have to find a replacement *, but I noticed ... Wave 2 and 3 both had FEB on them , now both have March ? Are both waves coming in at the same time ?
Originally it was wave 1 - January. Wave 2 - February. Wave 3 - March. They've slipped a couple of days each. So I'd (excitedly)expect Wave 3 to hit the first week of April.
I heard TFSafari had them in stock but looks like just Snaptrap now. Hopefully you can find Nautilator, I'll keep an eye out for you.
I emailed TFSource today about when to expect the next 2. They wrote back that they are en route to their warehouse and should be in stock within the next week. Won't be long now.
Big meaty claw mode?
HELL TO THE YEAH.
Woooah, what a feeling...
So far my favorite to least favorite figure from this set.
That is the overal perception I have of what's in hand and what I precieve.
- Lobclaw is such a eye pleaser to see. In both modes and it has a rather unique look as a combiner limb. With me those legs on the alt mode stay in place, I wished they tabed in. But damn the alt mode looks good. The mouth is most articulated of all the figures so far. And those claws rock. The robot mode is really the best of all. It takes the best of Rippersnapper and Blot and fuses it. With a unique head and lobster parts in good proportion telling you that it will turn into a monster with claws. Is awesome.
All joints are tight. He has a railgun made of his tail. A black blaster and a painted axe that turns into the pommel for the combined weapon. Also he has enough places to store his extra weapons.
- Turtler is all play value, even with its ugly alt mode it still is rock solid. Just love all the extra accessories he comes with. Big gun, his sword and the shield. Just awesome. And putting the figures together to form king Poseidon makes me awe how well the torso is thought up.
- Kraken is just great, perfection taken out of the Swoop/Cutthroat mold. Where Swoop has weak legs and Cutthroat has a bad alt mode head, this figure rocks it. Everything tabs right everything feels solid and you get 4 weapons with him! Lobclaw ans Turtler only beat him due to both being surprising good. I just don't feel much for mantarays. And the robot mode isn't as sleek as Lobclaw.
- Overbite looks good and I'm confident he will rock. I really enjoy Rippersnapper and thats who he has most in common with.
- Tentakil is a mystery to me. It can rock but can bust as well. It is molded from the fembot family. Moonracer, and that mold is not the greatest. Yet the rolling tab scratch issue won't exist since Tentakil is a squid, no wheels required. The Moonracer mold is known for being floppy and kibbletastic. It will all depend on how well it all tabs and how well it cleans up in robot mode.
- Gulf, o dear. I understand why he was chucked out first with Turtler. He is the weakest. Those hands cannot hold his big weapon without drooping. And the alt mode legs are notoriously weak. With me he stands but I've seen bad. Really bad. Where he is unable to stand.
Also. A lot of paint. And paint wears. When tabbing together his arms for his alt mode they scrape off paint. Also his huge backpack just doesn't tab in without knowing exactly how to fiddle with it. The tail-gun lacks a locking point. Which could have easily been made with a small indentation. Where the other figures like Kraken and Turtler have everything thought out. This does not.
Another point is the sword or lance? It cannot be held. And it really feels like just another piece of the grand sword while the other 3 pieces are at least somewhat a weapon to be held.
In his fish mode he looks fine as a limb he is a bit bulbish. The problem there is that 1/3 of his alt mode is always there. And it isn't esthetically pleasing.
Separate names with a comma.