Generations Selects Seacons in color

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hell, the Seacons were the only full team I had as a kid. I got the gift set for Christmas back in Kuwait, but I lost it all after the Gulf War. A horrible casualty of war. So you can imagine my excitement to reunite all the Seacons again.

• Like Like x 2
  2. analogue

analogue 01110111 01100101 01100010 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That’s an excellent thought. I do agree having them available individually, as well as that great scene in Masterforce, was the main reason why I picked up more than a couple of Tentakills.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  3. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Still nothing about giftset?

I am pretty upset I trusted to Kapow Toys, they had post on FB few weeks ago about giftset. Now they have first wave and sold out.

4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, a day later and I have to say... This is going to be A REALLY long 60+ days. *sigh*

;_;

• Like Like x 4
  5. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There’s talks of a bundle. All 6 in their individual boxes but there’s never been a confirmation of a box set in the style Of warriors unite

6. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Noah's Freshman Album

News Credits:
    Which these guys are already set up perfectly for.

[​IMG]

So do the Selects individually as you roll out the molds, and then release the repaint boxset to get some mileage out of the molds.

• Like Like x 2
  7. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    It perhaps bears recognizing (for those too young to remember) that back in G1, we got both individual releases and giftsets. For most of the combiners.

I don't think that's been an available option for many years, at this point, but it was once commonplace.

• Like Like x 7
  8. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

Talked about this with a colleague of mine as well. He had 3 of the Seacons and a friend of his 2 others. So they could make the gestalt but not have the targetmaster ofc. Also he had some others but not complete combiners. And that finding of the different transformers having them separate does hold certain nostalgia. at least for me.

I understand, and didn't we get that as well for many of the figures so far? I do not see a problem with single releases. But not with box sets either. What bugs me about the box set thing is this. Hasbro can decide to cancel a wave and then toss the rest "as repaints of" into a box set and call it a day. And for that I stare at my CW Scattershot...
    I got the UW boxset made by Takara afterwards. But I always felt that they have canceled making separate Technobots in favor of a box set. But had already ran the production line for Scattershot and were forced to box and ship him.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i never had the g1 guys as i was too young (save for swindle and onslaught as hand me downs) but remember getting landfill and ruination during rid01, always loved tracking down the team members

• Like Like x 1
  10. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon (Retired)

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I think the BW repaint looks better if we get it.

11. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    I'm unaware of any examples in recent history (FWIW, I don't count "individual releases in the US, but giftsets in Japan" as such an example).

12. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    We *kinda* got that with CW. Individual retail releases and then G2 colored boxed sets. And it makes sense. If they're taking up space at retail what benefit is there to also marketing a boxed set when you could use those to move repaints like the G2 sets or stuff like Liokaiser/Computron that didn't fit in the original release plan.

Online listings aren't "unlimited" ... but why sell the individuals *and* the set and everyone buys one or the other when you could sell individuals *and* the repaint sets and people are now motivated to buy both.

• Like Like x 1
  13. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Just to piggy-back on my comment just before you left this post, I don't count "individual in G1 colors, but giftsets in G2 colors" as an example of what I was talking about, either. Those are different toys, released differently. What we haven't seen is having both the option of getting a set all-at-once, or one-at-a-time, for the same toys.

• Like Like x 1
  14. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I expanded on that though. We're not going to see it because Hasbro has decided the alternative is better. They have limited shelf space in stores to sell boxed sets of things that are already on shelves...and they don't want to cut in to their online presence by offering boxed sets that might be quickly discounted compared to the retail releases.

So it makes sense to forego the old way in favor of selling both the original and G2 colors at the same time. Especially since, at the time, the G1 and G2 figures weren't available at the same time to even do this.

15. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Oh, I don't disagree. More just trying to head off comments like "but we get X" when "X" isn't even what I was talking about.

16. ca12nag3

What you classify as such does not matter. Also shelf space for brick&mortar isn't infinite. Most of the box sets are the size of G1 Metroplex. Which was the top of the line most expensive figure at the time. Stacking stores with that is ludicrous. As well as the price up from then, to now.
    So to cover that "box set" idea they give us either G2 or you got to go get a Takara box. I doubt we will ever get that double thing that you see as " true G1"

17. grindcore138

grindcore138

News Credits:
    You haven't missed anything though, they just haven't put up their preorders for the giftset bundle yet.

18. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wonder if they even put that preorder.

Snaptrap and Skalor are sold out right now, so I am still waiting for complete set or giftset.

19. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

I gotta give props to Robotkingdom. I'd never used them before and was expecting a long wait to receive my package. It showed up unexpectedly a couple days ago.. super fast from HK to NY.. Amazing! I'm loving these toys, this is going to be my favorite combiner of all time. Between the aquatic alt modes and lovely loud deco I'm through the roof excited for the rest of the set. Worth every penny!

• Like Like x 2
  20. ca12nag3

Add to that that most come with at least 3 weapons, an articulated hand as well. I really like it and wonder who is going to get the 2 "I know 3" extra hands! My combiners will be fighting for them I know!~

• Like Like x 2