Generations Selects Seacons in color

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    It's not a hampering swine?

2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cancelled my Seacons pre-order last week, but I'm kinda regretting that move now. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  3. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Manga rays are the swine of the sea, so technically......

4. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Funny thing is that I brought up something similar to this yesterday in another post. Ten years ago yes, TT (or Henkie) and Hasbro could get away with this excuse. BUT TODAY G1 based Transformers are in higher demand all over the world. So it feels more like these Companies fight over exclusivity for TF figures and sets more than it being a case of HasTak begging a company to take them off of their hands.

Sounds more to me like he's advocating for consumers (to get figures for reasonable cost) more than he wants to argue with you or anyone else here. Honestly, what do you think is main goal is?

Good thing he didn't say that Takara Tomy did.... Only that he basically wishes Hasbro released this set a normal prices instead. You know the same way people spoke up and urged Hasbro to finally allow missing Classic Seekers to be released at retail instead of paying ridiculous Botcon prices.... Then they finally did.

:thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb 
    ......I'm sitting here reading your post and the responses and it feels like Bernie Sanders lobbying for free or cheaper healthcare while everyone else scoffs at him!

I could see if it were a case where people with Prius money were demanding Porsche's. In this case it's one company being able to sell Prius for Porsche prices! Is it wrong to complain about that????!

Sure we can take it or leave it. But no one is forcing those who buy overprices figures to read the comments of the people who don't either.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020 at 12:38 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  5. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid "See see Seacons!"

News Credits:
    Well lucky for you there's that TTMail bundle coming later...which Pulse may or may not pick up.

Did TFSource close their preorders in the last few days?

6. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    But those are eBay prices. If we're talking about whether or not the Seacon prices are fair (bringing this back on topic...), shouldn't we be talking original prices, and not secondary market ones?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    tfsource still has them all For preorder if you change your mind

• Like Like x 2
  8. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Again, I'm not trying to say that TFCC prices weren't high. I'm merely setting the limits for the discussion. TFCC prices were usually from 3 to 4 times what one would have paid for the base mold in the US. Given that US retail for deluxes is now about $20, the Seacons actually are a better deal than most TFCC exclusives were. To the extent that this is your main point, I'm totally on-board.

• Like Like x 4
  9. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    and @Mattymo was also talking about aftermarket prices. sure his initial $90 citation may have been a bit of an embellishment, but ebay prices directly correlate to what he was saying (that aftermarket prices skyrocketed).

• Like Like x 1
  10. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    I think I've responded to this point (with him) adequately by now. Since the main topic is the Seacons, I was simply trying to keep things relevant. To the extent that aftermarket prices matter, it's because we almost certainly WILL see the Seacons' prices skyrocket on the aftermarket once they're released (indeed, it might actually be true already, but I'm against using eBay for pre-orders, and believe that eBay themselves are against it in principle).

So folks complaining about how expensive the Seacons are... they ain't seen nothing yet! ;) 

• Like Like x 8
  11. Diecast G2

Diecast G2 Transtectorless

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think that's why I feel like the complaints about their prices are getting sillier as time goes on. We're already outside the window of opportunity to order them in North America without a middle man and soon those options will be gone too. By having such a specific pre-order window, they're going to essentially go straight to aftermarket prices without a year or two of time to hope for a discount or sale most Transformers get.

Although, I halfway suspect the reason BBTS has gone completely silent on the Seacons is that they might have procured their own supply and won't put them up for sale until after all of them have been released and all pre-orders have been delivered. I can imagine them trying to catch the missed-preorder-regret market, possibly at raised prices.

• Like Like x 4
  12. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Well there's always the chance that HasTak will release their own version for $90-$100 less than what TT is charging a year or 2 from now since who know's what the Theme or Gimmick will be in 2022 anyway.

Hell, I might cancel my pre-ordered Seacon's to.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020 at 6:04 PM
  13. SuperLuigi65gt

SuperLuigi65gt l

A while back I preorder this as soon as I saw them at bbts, then I saw the listings disappear, but I didn't lose my preorders. So I messaged them asking whats up. this is what I got:

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out to us about this! Hasbro had us pull them down initially because they had to alter their listing, once they were down Hasbro informed us that they would like to start these figures as an exclusive early release for Pulse but we will be able to re-list them in the near future!

Just look for another email to go out, or better yet watch the site itself for these items. They may take a short while to confirm with the manufacturer, but keep your eyes peeled!

Have a great day!

• Like Like x 2
  14. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure how someone selling them on eBay several years later isn't considered aftermarket - of course it is. And no, they were nowhere near 90 bucks from the Club when they were offered for sale.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We complain about the price of toys on the primary market, I guess it only makes sense to start complaining about the aftermarket prices too.

How dare my toys appreciate in value! You're not supposed to use your collection as an investment! Why must my toys be worth twice what I paid for them?! This is outrageous! :mad: 

• Like Like x 2
  16. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i think you've missed the entire point of that tangent, but ok

• Like Like x 3
  17. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

I doubt we will revisit combiners any time soon, not the G1 versions we already got. What could happen is "Hasbro" box sets for already existing G1 combiners. Like Superion and Bruticus since they never did them as box sets. Just to make another buck off the same molds.

What I do hope for and what was kind of hinted is the Dinoking and maybe a propper LioKaiser?? I am confused as to why we saw the gun piece mounted on Snarl for Doryu and a Cutthroat with Yokuryu's head. And we still didn't get Dinoking, it has been a while now since Abominus/Volcanicus.

• Like Like x 4
  18. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    Had to cancel my preorders this morning. 2020 started off with some rough financial waters for me.

Disappointed. But it is what it is. I'll just live vicariously through you guys.

19. grindcore138

grindcore138 Strong children! Childlike fish! Seaconsuuu!!!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    The problem I see with a Hasbro boxset is would it even be worth it to them? Aside from the fact it would have to be priced higher than previous Combiner boxsets due to the extra Deluxe and accessories, every single boxset they did ended up going on clearance, so would there actually be the demand to warrant them doing it at all?

• Like Like x 2
  20. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

Good point. Though let me add, the takara box sets sold like hot bread on Saturday morning. The Takara box set for computron outclassed the Hasbro box set by miles.
    Perhaps, lets hope Hasbro learned from this. The added play value as well as G1 cartoon inspired look that Takara went for sold the sets much better. And if you look at color pallets for example the EX Megatronia set was much better than the Hasbro mint green. It really is the color choices and adding in a weapon here and there that makes for more value.
    Also look at the current Siege Prowl figure. Had they thrown in two shoulder cannons for the g1 toy esthetic it would be a slam dunk figure. Yet they cheaped out... Only a hand weapon and the light bar.
    These little nuances are beyond Hasbro. Sokehow they always try to scrape the barrel. And fans notice.

• Like Like x 2