Generations Selects Seacons in color

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Probably. Not the words used. Worst case maybe last chance for all six UK. They haven't listed anyone yet.

2. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no probably about it, the source preorder (from takara tomy mall) specifies that its just the 6 separate bots in their original packaging

• Like Like x 1
  3. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

Not only that, but if they were released over here with less paint apps, accessories & possibly tooling then the same people would then be complaining “OMG, can’t believe Hasbro is giving us way less than Takara, Hasbro Suxxx!!”

Would I like these to be cheaper? Sure. I think we all would. But I remember when Takara Legends were out, & you got figures like Chromedome with no new tooling except a new faceplate for exactly the same price as the Seacons are currently on sale for (certain shops were actually charging more in the UK for them than they’re selling these new Seacons for now), these are actually better value for money!

I just think there’s a difference between saying you find these to be too expensive for you & that Takara/Hasbro are ripping you off. These are more limited, have lots of new tooling/accessories/paint options and won’t appeal to everyone. That’s why it has to be sold at a higher price otherwise it’s not made full stop.

I actually remember one asshole on here (who’s already posted in this thread) a few months back saying he wishes they didn’t make any exclusives, that he wishes exclusive toys actually weren’t released at all simply because HE can’t get them. Imagine being so selfish to deny other collectors just because you can’t get something!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 11
  4. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He still says it too...

I mean come one people. At least these aren’t $90 like TFCC was charging when that existed. And those were just repaints with maybe a new had. $90 and these always sold out and skyrocketed on the aftermarket and still sold!

• Like Like x 4
  5. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    As you may know, I track this stuff. While I don't dispute that TFCC exclusives were expensive, I struggle to find a single example of a Deluxe-sized figure that sold for $90....

Indeed, given the usual multipliers (seldom more than 4.0), I doubt they'd reach that high even today....

I'm not sure I even disagree with the main point, but we don't strengthen our case with such exaggerations.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mattymo

News Credits:
    No I wouldn’t know because I don’t have conversations with you. Sorry your reputation doesn’t proceed you as you might think.

I just remember seeing that spinister was close to $90(Never a member of the club, had to rely on retailers if I wanted one) because I wanted it but just couldn’t justify it for something that while I wanted, couldn’t justify paying a ******ed amount for something that wasn’t very good looking but was a character I like because I had him as a kid.

and they are are still stupid expensive. People are still selling certain tfcc crap for hundreds online. Doesn’t mean their selling. Just people asking for ridiculous prices and when their auction doesn’t sell they just keep putting them on there over and over and over.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ArkhamSoldier

ArkhamSoldier Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Is it 90 dollars for a figure or 2 figures?

8. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Not very good at being catty.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    2 figures

9. ArkhamSoldier

ArkhamSoldier Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    tq

10. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Ugh, have one on order with our local crack slanger. He said he could probably get me a second set as I would love to have one for both modes (still missing a second Menasor and Superion for that) but $200 just for that is a bit rough to eat twice. Still think the seacons have the most interesting (not best, but interesting) aesthetic.

• Like Like x 1
  11. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 Fra-gee-lay. It must be Italian!

News Credits:
    *+~$235-260 :p 

12. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I apologize for my lack of clarity. I wasn't trying to suggest you SHOULD know who I am or the fact that I track this stuff. Just trying not to insult your intelligence in case you did, as I do keep the information in my signature (full disclosure: I myself hide all signatures, so I don't see them myself).

Sprinister, specifically, was one of the "Subscription" figures. I think it may indeed have been sold singly afterward, and don't have that price immediately on-hand. But the price for the figure as it was intended to be purchased was $297 for the set of 6 (actually 7) figures, which broke down to about $45.90 for Spinister alone. I'm sure that the later "single-figure" price for Spinister was inflated, but I'm equally sure that $90 is a gross exaggeration. It might have been in the $60-70 range from the TFCC site. (Note that I consider using NON-TFCC sites as unfair. It would be like citing the inflated prices BBTS charges for most imports, compared to the HasbroPulse prices)

On this I absolutely agree. Indeed, I already said I thought I might agree with your main point. But misrepresenting the facts makes for a poor argument, and I'd rather have a strong one.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nagatem

Nagatem Sea sea sea sea sea sea sea sea seaconOooo

@BB Shockwave

yes the song is involved with master force
    but it is never played in the show, it\'s on a cd 
    and sung by turtler\'s voice actor, so basically it\'s turtler correcting everyone about his group

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ultra Reverb

Ultra Reverb Well-Known Member

:popcorn 

• Like Like x 3
  15. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TRANSFORMERS TFCC 2016 FRACTYL LIFELINE SCORPONOK QUICKSLINGER COLLECTOR CLUB | eBay
    $250 for 2 deluxes, 1 legends and 1 micromaster.

Transformers Club Exclusive Subscription Eject & Rewind TFCC TFSS NEW | eBay
    $250 for 2 scouts

plenty of examples of what @Mattymo was saying exist

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mattymo

News Credits:
    exactly and it’s not even aftermarket. Their stuff was ridiculous expensive from the get go even if you were a member. Buddy of mine was a member and I’d piggy back off him for a couple things and I think runabout was what? $60 when they released him. Maybe even $50. It’s been 7 years or more so I’m trying to remember but still that was a deluxe that came from a $11.99 mold at the time.

the seacons are $40 and like others pointed out that’s how much the Takara legends figures were for titans return molds. The market in japan hasn’t changed much in the past couple years.

• Like Like x 3
  17. cyberslam

cyberslam Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey can someone send me the link to the "gift set" of these guys. I would love to get them.

18. cyberslam

cyberslam Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Okay just realised that takaramall is only shipping in Japan. Anyone know of a site that has this set that ships to Us?

19. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You may have to get it from secondary market if this is the case

20. cirrusstratus1

cirrusstratus1 ROGUE AUTOBOT LEADER

With the remolding and new accessories, these guys' individual modes will easily overshadow their gestalt mode. I can tell that a lot of love went into creating these Generations Select Seacons. I can't wait for their release...despite Piranacon's pointy torso shield.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020 at 3:20 AM
    • Like Like x 4