Generations Selects Figure Guesses Thread!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by all are dead, Feb 19, 2020.

1. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    Seeing as Hasbro have apparently "lost faith" in Needlenose as a mainline figure (still don't understand why their interpretation of him not winning a couple fanvotes is that fans aren't interested, and they made the rest of the losers anyway!), why not throw him in Selects as a retool of one of the WFC Seeker moulds?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Which leaker said that?

3. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    I'm not sure which leaker to attribute that to specifically, but it was from BlackHawkOmega's Leak Thread 2.0 under the 'Deconfirmed' section.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fenrys

News Credits:
    I sincerely doubt that that's the case really considering we've gotten plenty of thread losers get released

5. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Pixelmaster said that apparently, Needlenose was dead after losing two fan votes.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Fenrys

News Credits:
    So the leaker that makes up his own details to fill in blanks in information? Yea, wouldn't really trust that nugget of information from them

• Like Like x 4
  7. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    pretty much

The fact that he was in two fan votes actually helps him as it attests that there was some work done to design a figure of him.

Like how we know all of the POTP Fan vote candidates had designs ready for the winner, and many of the ones to come out later like Siege Hound, Magnus, Shockwave, Megatron, and ER Arcee were partly or mostly reused from these previous internal designs.

If I'm not mistaken, the leakers said that POTP Hound, Shockwave, and Magnus were literally just the Siege ones and Megatron was only slightly retooled into his siege versions.

8. Fenrys

News Credits:
    I'm not sure that was ever said that the wfc figures were reuses of the potp vote designs, in fact I think the opposite was said since warden said he'd love to show off the prime hound design one day

9. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    It was when the leaking for early ER and Info about the development of Siege was leaking. To kindly argue, it makes no sense not to reuse the designs due to already invested time. Toy lines are planned about two years in advance, which was also confirmed during Primewars is the case for TF. Its much more time and budget effectuate to reuse designs.

But note I didn't say the designs were 1 to 1 reused. The leaks actually focused on the differences in the designs. Off the top of my head, I remember that:
    • Shockwave was supposed to have an extra chest piece
    • Megatron had modulator like add on weapons, the hand flip in on the Siege Megs was originally supposed to had 5mm holes for supermode hands
    And to address the Warden thing, that doesn't sound like a contradiction to the design ideas that were leaked. According to the leakers, only the core deluxe bot of Hound was resued, what was going to make Hound a leader was he was going to come with a ton of extra guns and armors that became an military-style artillery bed

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fenrys

News Credits:
    As a counter argument, that ignores that the Siege leaders function entirely differently than the POTP leaders. Similar concept in that they have super modes, but the execution isn't similar at all. The POTP leaders have "trailers" that become the entire body of the power up mode except for the chest and head, and 2 of the 3 leaders did this without any partsforming. Then compare that to Ultra Magnus and Shockwave from Siege, whose "trailers" are more similar to weaponizers in that they entirely break down and become clip on armor pieces with the core robot mode still making the core of the super mode body. The desing philosophies of Ultra Magnus and Shockwave are very different from POTP Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime and Optimal Optimus. I find it very hard to believe that the figures we got in WFC started out as POTP figures unless it was just the most basic of ideas that were used from the designs.

11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    IIRC... a lot of that came from Pixelmaster and was never verified to my knowledge by any of the other leakers. So, grain of salt and all that since he's both admitted to filling in gaps of knowledge with personal speculation and to getting deliberately fed bad information. I can see that maybe there were some basic ideas reused when creating the new designs but I'm not sure they overhauled the CAD models from the potential PotP release for their Siege/Earthrise releases.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All I know is that I'm not giving up hope of seeing Needlenose someday.:lol 

• Like Like x 5
  13. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    Ah, that's somewhat reassuring then. I didn't think it made much sense either when everyone else from that first fanvote ended up with new toys anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Yea, Pixelmaster's info on incoming figures is usually pretty good, his behind the scenes info on other things is usually just him making up stuff and filling in the blanks with his own assumptions, like that time he claimed Armada Prime's prototype was intended to be in Kingdom when all evidence showed that it was a Takara initiated project and wouldn't have been intended for a Hasbro initiated mainline.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Bluetigatron

Bluetigatron sickass robot and kickass mecha fan

Instagram:
    Anyone think they'd do a burning convoy form kingdom primal? I mean its a straight repaint so it even easier that the usual gen select figure and I mean it's just really cool, like come on
    Burningconvoy.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. ophyjgjhnfn

ophyjgjhnfn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There should be at least a Takara Tomy release for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pteraxadon

Pteraxadon RirFib supporting pterosaur

Haha fire munkey go buur

• Like Like x 1
  18. Beauman

Beauman Banned

Have there been any rumors or leaks about an Action master deco GC release of Ark Mainframe?

19. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Micromaster Sparkabots Patrol

• Sizzle from Ground Hog
    • Fizzle from Roller Force
    • Guzzle from Bombshock
    • Autobot Growl from Growl (original toy colors)

[​IMG][​IMG]

20. 20thc3nturybl003s

20thc3nturybl003s Behold, my profile... of DOOM!

I've been seeing quite a few figures like Road Rage, Lancer, G2 Megatron, black Shockwave etc., so I was wondering what other characters you'd like to see as Selects figures. One character I'd love to see would be Thrustinator:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I think he'd be perfect as a retool of the upcoming Kingdom Waspinator figure:
    [​IMG]

So again, what other characters would you guys like to see as Selects figures?

• Like Like x 3