Generations Selects Figure Guesses Thread!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by all are dead, Feb 19, 2020.

1. B3k

B3k Well-Known Member

I would love some new firecons, decepticons need more grunts.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm certainly going to put a little money on Omega Sentinel now, where I wouldn't have before.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DeceptiTom

DeceptiTom Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm thinking Black Zarak is a test from Hasbro to see how we react to Titans in Gen Selects. And from what I've seen in TFW alone, its hella positive. Makes sense since the rumor is after the Ark this year Titans are going byebye from regular mainline retail.

I'm hoping for Grand Maximus, Metrotitan, Gigastorm, and maybe a rerelease of Metroplex that includes a new paint job sixgun and the new slammer with a new paint job.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ophyjgjhnfn

ophyjgjhnfn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw it quoted and was like “really?” But looking at the picture, I’m in

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pteraxadon

Pteraxadon RirFib supporting pterosaur

Sunstorm
    Slipstream
    Artfire
    Diclone references daily
    G2 galore
    Shattered glass

• Like Like x 1
  6. ophyjgjhnfn

ophyjgjhnfn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am honestly down for each and every cartoon and original toyline figure all the way to the end of JG1 to make an appearance. At the very least American G1. That is my goal. I want to be able to photoshop in my toys over the original catalog printouts as my checklist. If I can cross out the anime on the way, so be it. Sadly, this does of course mean I still need a few Seekers :rolleyes: 

7. Yuuki

Yuuki Why do I even bother

Getting my hands on the Autobot clones recently, I think you could get some convincing Masterforce Pretenders out of them with the engineering they have. Both of their transformations have always reminded me a lot of Pretenders ol' split the hips, fold the arms, transformations.

Also still think you could get a Hosehead/Cab out of the Grapple/Inferno mold if you reversed the torso, that set of hinges could evoke his chest piece pretty convincingly. Just need to design a way to reverse the ladder connection so it sits on the other side at the end of transformation, but if you're already working in a Headmaster port, it could be doable.

All of these would be pretty perfect Selects releases.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I say one of my guesses is a remold/mold combination of Fasttrack and Cog into the Powered Buggy from the Diaclone Powered Buggy (Beta Magnus).

9. DrPAYNE

DrPAYNE Member

One thing I really want that I haven't seen mentioned is a Cerebros and Zarak two pack. I would love to be able to pose Fortress Maximus and Scorponok in robot mode and still have a Cerebros and Zarak to pose with the other headmasters. For Cerebros they should give him the alt head that came with Grand Maximus and the SDCC versions and make him all light grey so looks like the Headmasters toon version since the original looks more like the Sunbow version. With Zarak, they should give him that Scorponok head that came with Grotusque and painted to look like the Sunbow version of him. That way we could have the option of displaying them both as either the Sunbow or Headmasters toon versions.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What about Gun-Metal Gr(a,e)y Repaints of the Fossilizers based upon the Mini Dinobots from The Last Knight?

11. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Could Studio Series Blurr work as a template for a hypothetical Selects Nautica or would she have to be her own mold?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    I've got a feeling that Delta Magnus from Kingdom Ultra Magnus is on the table once the SG subline finishes up. The reason for this is that it's got molded areas for faction logos, but no faction logos, meaning they were intended but removed from the deco layout. A possible reason for their removal could be because the mold in those colors without color coded faction logos could pull triple duty as Diaclone Powered Convoy, Delta Magnus and SG Ultra Magnus. The SG subline may only be 5 figures, but that doesn't necessarily mean SG is done once the subline is.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm still waiting for this myself.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Sorry, what has molded areas for faction logos, but no faction logos? You mean the Magnus Armor?

15. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Yea, there's a spot on the trailer that is molded in the shape of an Autobot logo (just below the 5mm port on the first trailer panel), plus on the right shoulder of armored mode there is a flat surface where an Autobot logo usually goes that is empty. The smaller bot mode does have a logo, but the missing logo from the armored mode and vehicle mode is curious
    717yL8k208L._AC_SX466_.jpg 1610589158-137654745-3660721050688343-4077500547997688347-n.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    So someone else mentioned this in another thread and now I think this is very likely.

This year is the 10 year anniversary of Transformers: The Ride opening at Universal Studios. I can completely see them doing a repaint of SS Cliffjumper/B-127 as Evac to celebrate.

• Like Like x 2
  17. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I’m sure it’s been mentioned, but what about G2 deco Dinobots using the new/upcoming Dinobot molds? They gave us fuggin’ Shackwave...one would think that puts pretty much anything on the table...haha...

• Like Like x 5
  18. Bluetigatron

Bluetigatron sickass robot and kickass mecha fan

Instagram:
    I'm just really hoping for grimlock in his unreleased tiger stripes deco!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I absolutely would love it. Although I'd also love them to do both blue and tiger stripes Grimlock. And Slag in both Red and Green. And Diaclone. oh no....

Also, looking at your avatar, I would totally be into Siege/ER Ratchet in Emergency Green along with a Project Black / SG Ironhide too.

• Like Like x 2
  20. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I’m surprised we don’t get more black Ironhides, honestly. I wish they would retool the feet to fix the rear of the van mode while they’re at it...