Generations Selects Figure Guesses Thread!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by all are dead, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

SS86 Grimlock has that detail inside his neck that was painted over, do you think we get a G1 toy inspired release? Chrome bits and all?

• Like Like x 3
  2. LongarmMagnus

LongarmMagnus aka Biggerer Convoy

I hope this mold gets used a lot. It looks fun and imposing.

Personally I hope TakaraTomy Selects does a slight retool to make Deszaras since they essentially have the same transformation.

Tail=robot legs, legs=robot arms

300px-Deathsaurus_g1toy.jpg

The Cons need more imposing individual figures

• Like Like x 6
  3. VictoryBot93

VictoryBot93 Well-Known Member

I can see these being done in the future:

Slapdash (out of Mirage)
    Artfire/Hot Spot (out of Inferno)
    Glyph (out of Cliffjumper/Bumblebee)
    Drift (out of Springer)
    Blaster & his Cassettes (our Soundwave & his Cassettes)

• Like Like x 4
  4. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

People have been doing some awesome stuff with the Fossilizers.

How about Violen Jiger from said Fossilizers? (Emperor of destruction in Zone.) Takara seem to be keen on getting all of the leaders done.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What about the molds from Kingdom? What would the Generations Selects figure of Ractonite be?

6. gdg104198

gdg104198 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Oh man they could probably pull it off considering the rework they did to TR Gravitron to make Super Megatron.

Can’t figure out who could make a good Star Saber.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  7. VictoryBot93

I feel like Arcee from BlackArachnia would be an easy Selects figure. Awesome reference right there.

I could see Treadshot out of Warpath myself too.

8. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...Okay, that would be seriously awesome. But only if we also finally get a Leader or Commander Star Saber for him to fight.

I definitely want your hypothetical Artfire, Glyph, and Blaster. Though I'd rather see Fracture/Crasher from Mirage.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Hailkingcrimson

Hailkingcrimson Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Here's my guess's:
    - Marvel UK comic accurate Grimlock
    - Autobot Goldbug (If SG GOLDBUG occur's)
    - SG rodimus prime
    - Toy accurate BW T-rex megatron
    - Pack-Rat
    - Maximal blackarachnia
    - G2 Starscream
    - Marvel UK galvatron
    - Core class skywarp & thundercracker

• Like Like x 2
  10. VictoryBot93

Less of a guess & more of a hope. When are they gonna make a Blue Bluestreak? It's so damn easy. Ya made every other version of the guy in this trilogy. PLEASE someone in Hasbro make me a Blue Bluestreak!

• Like Like x 4
  11. gdg104198

Instagram:
    I hope they throw in a sword.

12. gdg104198

Instagram:
    I wouldn’t mind some Junkion repaints of some of the Siege molds like Hound can be made into Detritus like this e-Hobby toy.
    5575CFA2-6843-4599-8016-E66ED7D7D1A7.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  13. Michael Schlem

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    After Generations Selects BLACKZARAK was revealed, anything is possible.

Though here are some of my guesses:

1. Generations Selects/TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Metrotitan from Thrilling 30s Metroplex (with Metrodash from T30 Scamper, Metroshot from Siege Six-Gun, Metrotank from the reported Kingdom Slammer, and Metrobomb.)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the thing going against Metrotitan is that the Thrilling 30 Metroplex base mold (before the modifications for Fortress Maximus) hasn't aged all that great. It is very much a product of the marketing scheme for it at the time: the largest (tallest) transformer EVER, but also at a $120 price point. So he's hollow and light for his size. He is missing one gun. He had no mini partners. His ramp was cut off. He lacked the extra paint applications put on in the Takara and SDCC releases, which sold at a premium (as well as the gun).

A year before Kingdom was announced I said that the Titan for WFC Part III would either be the "Ark" in the form of a Teletraan 1 playset-robot thing, or Metroplex 2.0. We're getting the Ark. So I think the next post-WFC Titan will be Metroplex 2.0. He'll be more compact and in scale with Trypticon, but have a more modern design aesthetic, free of trying to be the "largest Transformer ever". And from, that, I think we'll have a shot at Metrotitan. A good shot. I'd prefer that over just re-releasing Metroplex personally.

I also think that that The second Transformers Haslab entry will be Fortress Maximus 2.0, for $350. I think the $550 (really $610 with taxes) for Unicron is a one off. That's a big investment. Both the Sentinel and Razorcrest had a ton of interest at $350, which is very much in expensive treat territory (the 2008 Millennium Falcon retails at Target for $400). $350 is like the magic number to make things featureful, be above the "mass market" window, and justify the de facto made-to-order nature of Haslab, while not breaking the bank.

Independent of that, I think there is a question as to if Selects will reissue TR Fortress Maximus in the form of their own (or Takara) Grand Maximus or Brave Maximus. The "problem" with this is that the original Hasbro TR release was designed purposefully to be partially inspired by Brave Maximus.

• Like Like x 2
  15. B3k

B3k Well-Known Member

I really hope you are right but the rumour is titan class is on the way out after the ark.

16. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I've heard that. It probably should be. I think only Target stocked Scorponok at retail in the US, and every store got like two shipments of two cases (with two figures per case). Not exactly overflowing in units sold. Omega Supreme was online only in the US, because it was that weird time between the death of TRU and Target/Walmart double downing on toys in its wake. And the year before that PotP Predaking was extremely hard to find at retail, because TRU was dying and couldn't really afford much in the way of new product. And the year before that TR Trypticon and Fortress Maximus badly shelfwarmed and went to clearance.

Really, it's a miracle they last thing long.

If I were Hasbro, I'd take Commander class and use that name for a new $65 class, so you can do things like have Optimus Prime without a compromised trailer, or Grimlock with accessories or Optimal Optimus done right, and I'd do two of them per year. I'd then add a new $90 "Supreme Class" (to recycle an old name) and do one of them per year, and have that be the highest price point Transformer. And that'd be good for things like the Constructions and Devastator but at deluxe scale, or Powermaster Optimus Prime, or Countdown Base, or heck, Star Wars style "open" playsets (which retail at $50 for the 3.75 inch figures).

If Titan does go away, I think the next Haslab will be Metroplex, not Fortress Maximus. And he'll include a bunch of addon city components (going beyond his G1 figure) to justify the price.

17. Michael Schlem

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The Ark transforms into the "Last Autobot" apparently.
    Though, what about Grand Maximus's Cog or Cybertron City's Gadep from Siege Cog? Would you buy them?

18. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm kinda surprised that we still haven't gotten a Sentinel Prime out of the Astrotrain mold.

I know it's not the ideal body-type for him, but there is precedent for it already.

19. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For the love of god, Grand Cog is now needed at a minimum. While I wouldn’t turn down Gadep (aka “Brave Cog”) he would require Brave Maximus to go with him.

20. LongarmMagnus

LongarmMagnus aka Biggerer Convoy

After yesterday's surprise (Black Zarak) anything's possible dudes...

400px-Energon_Unicron_toy.jpg

J/k

For real though, after seeing Black Zarak, it brought to mind an idea I had last year. Black Zarak's Firecon minions from the Allicon mold. Recolor and remold-- the transformation is already there.
    transformers-first-look-at-new-firecons (5)__scaled_800.jpg
    STL156752.jpg

• Like Like x 6