Generations selects deluxe wfc smokescreen!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Apr 13, 2019.

1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Looks to be predominantly black and blue plastic, which means a custom blue Bluestreak would take minimal effort and a smidge of 91% alcohol. Damn shame I'm not exactly thrilled with the mold.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    He’s talking about Blue Bluestreak.
    FD5604F5-AD59-4456-ADC5-2B8D8019319B.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Aye, I misread it at first.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a bad feeling the missing numbers will be SDCC exclusives. Or at least some of them.

My guess is the last female limb (hopefully Lancer), Redwing, Slammer, and hopefully a Shockwave repaint/retool. (Longarm (Prime) would be GREAT as an homage to Animated AND “Shackwave”).

• Like Like x 2
  5. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I am really digging this mold as Prowl and now I've got to get in a pre-order for Smokescreen when they start going up. I almost was about to pass up on this mold until I friend of mine convinced me otherwise and now I want to replace all my TFU 2.0 Datsun brother updates with the Siege mold. While I'll also get the 35th Bluestreak release I also hope we might get a Blue Bluestreak Selects release later on.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Capperclawed

Capperclawed I'll clean ur pool

Look, at the end of the day more retools means more figures on the market, which means that every person gets the exact action figure they want. But is anyone else a little nervous that this is already the 3rd time we've reused the same mold in this line? Like i know there are a lot of unique figures in this line already, and again more figures out is always a good thing, but my issue is the minimal retooling we've been seeing. Like usually we at least get a new head but all three of these recolors are identical otherwise. The dead end combiner wars mold got used to absolute death, but most, if not every recast had a new head sculpt at least.

7. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They’re spreading them out at least. Prowl is mainline. Bluestreak will be 35th Anniversary sublime, and Smokescreen will be Siege Selects. Just like Greenlight is gonna be an exclusive with extra figure, and chances are Lancer or whoever the last limb is will be Selects.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Kamen Ranger Bat

Kamen Ranger Bat Don’t hassle the Hoffimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Prowl and smokescreen have different head sculpts. In fact smokescreen is sharing his, for what I believe is the first time since the original g1, with barricade. So technically if you include bluestreak. We are up to 4 uses of the mold with retooled heads and different weapon inclusions. Also barricade would be the technical 2nd repaint retool of the mold used within the line. The other 2 (ss and bs) are side lines so they don't take up shelf/wave space.

Edit: I actually just remembered that the universe mold probably also shared the headsculpts but the smokescreen headscult wasn't the chin strap version and that's moreso what I am referencing.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  9. Kamen Ranger Bat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Also this isn't the only mold to get retooled/repainted. What about red alert and the walgreens ratchet. How about the Decepticon battle masters having the same torso. I'm not truly understanding your complaint as the issue you're complaining about doesn't seem to line up with what I believe are facts. Could you help elaborate so I may understand?

10. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If repaint and retools are what it takes to get more characters out there, it can only be a good thing.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Yeah, the repaint/retools have all been of popular characters- so I don’t know what’s the big deal.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I personally prefer UNpopular characters. We’ve had multiple Smokescreen toys before. We haven’t had a new official Rad toy, and it would be welcome especially since we have a new Lionizer (his partner).

But it’s not over. We still have time to milk this mold a little more over the next free years. I just thought this would be the perfect chance to have a new Rad figure, even if it’s a reheaded Prowl.

13. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Redwing is a generations selects figure based on the leak/rumor

14. Capperclawed

oh! for sure! im not against retooling, as i said it gets more figures out to market and more variety so everyone gets exactly what they want. My little issue is that none of these have been retools. All of these figures have the same everything, besides maybe a single weapon. Usually we at least get new heads, is all I'm saying. Between this and the whole star convoy debacle I guess i just wish hastak put a bit more effort into retools.

15. Capperclawed

My bad i just saw your other response, I guess im just bad at keeping up with the details on these figures! I guess at the end of the day it just seemed funny that we got 4 re-molds this early in the line...

then again even if the line is still pretty new i guess a LOT has been revealed for what we are getting for future releases... Im over in Canada so i tend not to see much on store Shelves just yet, giving the illusion that a really new line already has 4 remolds, even though i havent even seen one in store yet

16. TheRealRoadRage

TheRealRoadRage Well-Known Member

am i the only one who thinks this mold is so ugly? the car mode looks like a home phone handset. why is he on his tippy toes

• Like Like x 2
  17. Skillfulgram2003

Skillfulgram2003 "Nature Lies, They Are Robots in Disguise"

News Credits:
    I like the body but...those feet....

I think I\'m only looking forward to prowl and Barricade from this mold. If this didnt have barricades head I\'d totally buy it but idk maybe I\'ll get it maybe not

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2020
  18. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Prowl and bluestreak will share a head but bluestreak has shoulder guns

Smokescreen and barricade share a head that is different from the prowl mold

Blowpipe and aimless share a torso but have different limbs

Red alert and sideswipe have different heads and weapons

Starscream and thundercracker have different faces

Lots of remolding between Magnus and leader Optimus

Megatron and combat megatron have different heads

Ratchet will likely have a different head from ironhide

Soundblaster presumably fits two cassettes rather than soundwaves 1

How is all of that “the same everything, besides maybe a single weapon”. Many of the repaints have new heads or at least remolding somewhere else. The only repaints so far that share actual heads are
    Prowl/bluestreak
    Smokescreen/barricade
    Soundwave/soundblaster
    Voyager prime/cel shaded prime
    Megatron/cel shaded megatron
    Blowpipe/aimless/caliburst

Compared to everything we’ve seen that’s really not a lot, especially since bluestreak, smokescreen, soundblaster, cel shaded prime and cel shaded megatron are all in sublines and not the main line. The only mainline head reuses so far are the con battlemasters (and maybe micromasters, I’m not sure) and the head reuses fit the characters

More accurately, barricade has sunbow smokescreens head

• Like Like x 5
  19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You're not alone. The car mode looks like a block of soap, no real shape or contours, just meaninglessly rounded. Not only does this contrast with the robot mode bits being blocky and techy, it makes the proportions look like shit.

Which is funny, because Sideswipe's alt mode was badass, so they can clearly do cars well in this line, and I feel like an "alien-ified" Datsun would fit right in with the shapes and angles WFC has going with its alt modes.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Kamen Ranger Bat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Handle):
    It's the other way around. Barricade is a pre-tool of smokescreen. Yes one could say barricade came first but this is literally barricades first foray outside the movie and into generations. The g1 barricade was a micromaster, not even a police car at that.