Generations Selects Black Zarak Revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Acteon, Mar 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Nah. I saw him in person. Didn’t miss out. I’m glad I saved the money. I’ve no buyers remorse for not getting him. Plus more space for other items. I’ll be ok

• Like Like x 5
  2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I cancelled Unicron as well because for me he was very underwhelming for his price. The only wow factor for him (to me) was his size, and while I mostly love his planet mode, it came at the cost of a badly handled (to me) robot mode thanks to all of his planet mode kibble.

• Like Like x 6
  3. RussianSentaiFan

RussianSentaiFan Well-Known Member

YEAH! I knew!

4. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    You've made me realize that this is the first Hasbro Selects to have significant remolding. I wonder what that means for the line going forward, if anything.

• Like Like x 4
  5. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I like how you think, and now wish we had that option.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The kibble looks like more than it actually is in person, and in any event, is easily removable if it is that bothersome. He's not only worth the $575, but I can't wait for the 3P upgrade kits.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shlockwave

Shlockwave a.k.a Moronmaster

News Credits:
    That's my head cannon!

• Like Like x 1
  8. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I don't intend to take on your entire post (which you've put a lot of thought into, and so I don't want to sound dismissive when I say that), but I do disagree about Hasbro's attitude re: Beast Wars. Having already been through several "Hall of Fame" votes before this particular PotP poll, Hasbro had seen how Beast Wars characters consistently beat out other characters when fans were given polls to do so. While I don't know that Hasbro had any specific expectations re: Primal, I doubt they were shocked or seriously taken by surprise by the outcome.

As to whether Beast Wars can stand on its own two feet... I'm not sure that there's evidence that it does all that well. Quite a few individual Beast Wars characters have shelfwarmed whenever attempted. They may well be popular with the fans who vote in polls, but that hasn't always translated into retail sales. I do think the set-up we're getting with Kingdom is a good way of hedging their bets. Give fans some of the Beast Wars characters they want, but offset the risk with characters that folks who aren't into Beast Wars will buy, as well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    To each their own. I regret nothing. For the rest on this thread, this is going to be one wonderful figure to look forward to. Best of luck and enjoy Black Zarak like I will!

10. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Except in this case, it would be easy. Leave a square open on the chest and include two different plates that pop in. Or include a small piece that firmly pushes into place in the battle damaged area to restore the undamaged look. If Unicron can have a swappable face plate that pushes on and stays in place, this can have a chest covering that does the same. Unfortunately, we have all been around long enough to know if Hasbro has made it this far, there will be no revisions. All of this is mere discussion and will influence nothing.

11. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    Why are people comparing a 600 dollar vanity project to a thing that’s a quarter of its price, roughly half the size, and is on the repaint cash grab block?

• Like Like x 13
  12. robot1point0

robot1point0 Well-Known Member

so say if this theory is correct would it be possible for more japanese original characters as toys?

13. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

6891D2BA-DAC1-45FB-9ACE-48302A418F49.jpeg AABAC45B-2F5D-4C9A-90AB-9A1A6684F38F.jpeg

I really only bought into the Unicron crowd funding because that same week I’d just gone through a really terrible break up.
    I saw him and the price and said, “Screw it, I’m in.”
    I meant to cancel my pre order once or twice and kept forgetting or got distracted.

That said, I think he’s way cool!
    Definitely unnecessary, but that could be said of toys in general really.

Black Zarak will look great too, I still love my Skorponok.

1F4BCCF8-2C1B-4E91-AECD-2B40A8C9B305.jpeg

I for one would love to see more Japanese G1 figures, so here’s hoping this is the start of a beautiful new trend.

• Like Like x 17
  14. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Because sometimes people have unrealistic expectations towards a company whose sole purpose is to make money, not be friends with the fans

• Like Like x 11
  15. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

While I'm definitely not gonna buy this guy (I never watched the Japanese Transformers), I think it looks great. The remolding looks good, and he comes with a new weapon. Plus, that battle damage on Zarak looks sweet.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So... yeah, Grand Cog NEEDS to be made now. I don’t care what line or exclusive hurdles I need to go through... I just need an official Grand Cog (or whatever new name they might want to use).

As for Unicron... The only regret I have by not buying him is looking at people flipping him on eBay for 2x profit (or more), even factoring in eBay fees. People are BIDDING them up that high, not just the usual scalpers.

• Like Like x 9
  17. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I only have 2 spots for a figure this big in my display shelves and those spots are currently taken by Fortress Maximus and Grand Maximus. Grand Maximus is my holy grail Transformer so he can't go anywhere. And my Fort Max is my actual childhood figure so I would have a hard time removing that figure from the display. But G1 Grand Maximus and this new Black Zarak sure would look nice next to each other.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    The theory isn't correct and there's not really any factual evidence to support it. As for why Megatron and Shockwave were in the poll, Megatron was an Autobot in the comics at the time and Shockwave was posing as Onyx Prime

19. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You missed the point. No one is comparing the Unicron project to this. I merely referenced one cheap feature on a toy that cost $600. An extra plate to plug into the battle damaged area would cost pennies per unit. Anyway, I simply stated a feature that I wish would have been included. Why does that bother you so much? Are we not allowed to wish for features anymore?

20. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like anything else, if you buy, and Hasbro is convinced that they'll sell, they'll do more.

The leakers themselves said that we're getting more Beast Wars in 2022 becaust the Beast figures in Kimgdom look promising. It's the exact same with Japanese G1. Or Unicron trilogy. Show them there is a market for it, and they will service it. But if it fails, expect to be cut off.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.