Generations Select Abominus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by analogue, Oct 6, 2020.

1. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    You wish, lol. Maybe a re-release as a Takaratomy Masterforce G1 ANNIVERSARY special, with a nice G1 Inspired box art.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Yeah, I finally caved and preordered GS Volcanicus, but I thought the same way, that it would have been nice to get a bit more retooling. The GS version is obviously the one I want in my collection, so I'm currently thinking of what to do with the PotP Dinobots I bought, but yeah, considering the price is a premium vs. what they usually would charge for 4 deluxes and 1 voyager, it would be nice to get some more over the top bonuses with it. Dragon knees for Abominus would definitely be on my list.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    So if this is an anime-accurate Abominus, what changes would we need to make? I’d suggest...

Sinnertwin: Beast mode is fine. The robot mode needs plainer shins (so ditch the tampos). The combined chest peg needs to be yellow, rather than teal.

Rippersnapper: The shade of blue needs to be a more muted blue/grey than the bright blue we got on the original POTP toy. The combined chest peg needs to be white, not blue.

Blot: The purple on the robot thighs and forearms needs to be a more pinkish-purple that what we previously had.

Cutthroat: As with Sinnertwin, ditch the shin tampos. His robot face should be the same colour yellow as his helmet (not silver like the POTP toy).

Hun-gurrr: His head needs to be a grey helmet with a white face (not all-pink).

Combined mode: the chest should be all pinkish/purple, with only minimal white. Thighs should be white (not grey). [Not sure how you’d do this on the toy, given that his robot arms need to be grey. Maybe use grey base plastic but the side facing the front in combined mode should be painted white.] Head should be purple/pink helmet with a white face (note a white helmet with purple/pink face).

Any other suggestions?

4. Rated X

Rated X Banned

I want this to be true badly. But Takara has to make another buck. Just like they insisted re-releasing the crappy Dinobot combiner nobody asked for.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is a cool option for those that want it, but if Takara keeps going back to recent combiner molds, I'd like it if the G2 Defensor Hasbro never bothered doing is an option on the table.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    they won’t for the same reason the Dinobot are not. Some of them look so similar to the hasbro releases that they won’t sell very well so they put them all together making you buy the whole set.

there’s not much you need to do with blot, Sinner twin, cutthroat or rippersnapper so the the best option on a business standpoint is release them as a set because they know the only one that will look “different” is hungrrr and that’s why people will want this.

fans want hungrrr but you’re gonna spend $200 for him...oh and some feet and hands

7. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Except fans don't want Hun-Gurrr for $200. Read the comments on this thread and notice everyone who balked at paying an inflated price for a new set of Terrorcons. From a business standpoint, wouldn't it make more sense to release Hun-Gurrr alone to attract more buyers?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    no it wouldn’t because they are going to release the others to look more cartoon accurate which is literally just removing the G1 toy sticker details that the hasbro ones had but painted. It’s gonna be minimal like the dinobots but it is what it is. Takara doesn’t give a shit what you guys want. You’re not their targeted audience. They don’t care you only want hung-grrr. They’re gonna release the set because that’s what they want and that’s what they think their audience wants which is japanaese fans.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm hoping they reuse some Seacon parts, like the hands and Snaptrap's huge gun!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL! That's incredibly naive and myopic to think Takara doesn't have buyers outside of Japan. How many of us have imported their figures before? You must be new around here. :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 4
  11. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Count me in for a Guard City repaint, please? :D 

• Like Like x 6
  12. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream With Headmaster Cobra Commander

I'm still waiting on Raiden, Landcross, Road Caesar, and Liokaiser.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Yeah, I personally would have to see the Raiden. But my Victory shelf is sorely missing the combiners, and I missed CW Liokiser.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    I didn’t say that don’t have buyers I said you’re not their targeted audience and you’re not. You’re a bonus to them but that’s all. Their audience is the Japanese fandom. That’s why their stuff is Takara Tony mall exclusives and what we get are imports for import prices.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  15. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Oh, you're not the only one, buddy! Ill totally buy two sets each of those combiners in a heartbeat.

• Like Like x 4
  16. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

Hope they reissue UW Computron eventually.

• Like Like x 9
  17. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    It's the exact same style of teaser that Takara did for Volcanicus, it's incredibly naive to think it'll be Hun-grr by himself given past precedent.
    2883E30F-ED3B-44E2-8075-996DF331B483.jpeg b7b996e2a284400b3288dcb6a2ccf3e1.jpg

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  18. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Did Takara release the POTP Terrorcons?

19. NecroTron77

NecroTron77 Well-Known Member

I imagine this will show up on Pulse in relatively short order like Volcanicus. I have no skin in the game, I customized my PotP Abominus and think he's near perfect as is. I am hoping this is a trend, re-releasing previous combiners, because I missed out on Menasor and Defensor and and hoping to get a set of those two. Might get lucky and have some minor retooling to sort some of the connections.

20. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    Yes they did. POTP was when they pretty much stopped doing the Legends line (except for special releases) and just released what Hasbro did.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    If they want to win me over, retool Hotspot into Motormaster and release the other four cars with him.

• Like Like x 3