Generations Roadbuster

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by unicronic, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Neat looking BFG, and Roadbuster collection.

2. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice pics TC. Just me or in yours the feet look less like clown shoes?

3. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    The feet push back

4. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Got mine today. I like the alt mode more in hand than I did in photos. I still would have preferred a more boxy space jeep with tiny wheels (I love the ridiculous nature of the original) but this is one just fine and despite the clip wheels it actually rolls along nicely.

Bot mode looks good, weapons are plentiful and great looking, articulation works well enough and the lack of wrist movement doesn't hinder posing as much as I was afraid it would. Overall I have no complaints. I think most Roadbuster fans will be happy with it.

5. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He is Ok. It seems that they went a little cheap on him in order to include all the weapons. Certainly not Whirl or Springer level.

6. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

the dark green and maroon brown are boring. his head is ass. waiting on a redeco.

7. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I kind of agree on the head. While I'm 'OK' with it for the most part, if a 3rd party made a head that was more G1/Mugen Calibur style I wouldn't hesitate to swap.

8. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    A quick question. My Roadbuster came with these inserted into the holes on his legs. Any idea of what they may be used for other than plugging up the holes?
    [​IMG]

9. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    maybe they go in the holes on AOE toy's butts

10. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Great figure. Mine has some wonky joint tolerances though. Some are insanely tight (elbow swivels) and some are pretty loose (hips). Looks so much better when you flip the feet around to get rid of the dumb clown shoes. Seen some people just push the feet back; it works, but not as well IMO. Like the customizability too. Fuck the stickers as always, though. Might double dip on the Takara release if all his shit's actually painted.

11. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

Great looking figure, lots of fun. Like many others, I don't like the head at all, but the vehicle mode rocks. For some reason, I'm particularly happy about how much ground clearance he has in alt mode, suggesting some serious off-roading ability (and unlike, say, FP's Revolver).
    I had a blast with the stickers, but YMMV; I just happen to be like a teenage girl with glitter when it comes to stickers.

12. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Found one today,

Just an overall fantastic "transformer". The MP/ALTs/3rd party guy in me would have likes a more complex TFmation, but this is straight forward, easy, and gets all the right spots in both modes to give you one of those "special" TFs that rock both modes well. Looks like a 3rd party figure, the weight feels like a Hasbro domestic.

Weapons are decent, a huge plus with this guy. Its like an accessory pack that comes with him.

Bot mode is near flawless for me. The joints that the shoulders, and shoulder ratchets are a bit weak, but not horrible. Legs are tights, but lil kibble restricts certain poses. Not a killer for me. If you don't like the wheels touching with legs together, just don't fold em in all the way. Head sculpt is WAY better in person and I love it.

Alt mode is a TOUGH, rugged lil armored assault car, that tabs together like a brick, and thanks to BIG wheels and ground clearance (despite pegged wheels!!) rolls across carpet well, and glides across the floor firmly on 4 wheels. Alt mode is a BRICK. LOVE dat shit.
    Yea..you can peg guns all ove rit, but I put ONE gun on it and the scope part on the side and it looks CLEAN like a nice, futuristic 2025 U.S.Army assult car (of course the colors..but..)

STICKERS BE WARNED
    OK, I am a DECAL FREAK. I used to make it like a surgical operation when I put stickers on my Joe stuff or TFs as a kid. Some of these stickers WILL NEED TO BE TRIMMED if you plan on putting them where they say to. Even if you make your own spots, pull of the sticker, and cut as close to the image as you can. The main autobot logo wont even fit in his chest area without the sticker folding up on the sides of the pectoral area. Just get a hobby knife, stick the sticker to it, and cut around it.

With Stickers applied, This looks (besides simple TFmation and weight) like a BADDASS 3rd party figure everyone would rave over. For me, theres not too much NOT to like here. Even the back of the bot mode is VERY nice looking with the right stickers ( trimmed to fit in there)

Hardcore 3rd party guys will skip this just because, but to me, this is a perfect example of a SOLID design for a modern transformer. Sure id like wrist swivels..big deal..he has a nice elbow swivel that pulls poses. Lots of fun combos you can make with all this shit that comes with it..

This will be a fun..FUN tf for collector and kid alike. The stickers MAKE the figure pop..take your time trimming them and it looks way better.

13. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, I like it better than Revolver.

But first, this thing has too many weapons. I chose the main gun and the missle pod, and chucked the rest. And the missle pod might not make the cut either when all is said and done.

Anyway, both modes look great. The transformation is G1 simple. I was hoping for more, but it doesn't hold either mode back, so I won't ding it for that.

14. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed.

One of the things that gets me excited for a new figure is when I see my sons reaction. He is 6 now.

He LOVES G1 stuff, and although he loves to look at my higher end stuff, he just don't want to PLAY with it. He likes stuff he can transform fast and keep playing. Its not to say he is stupid..or he "don't get" complex TFmations..no..quite the contrary. He can TF most anything I hand him.

He had a gift card from his Bday and he wanted the Grimlock set from TRU, and he wanted..and I mean WANTED HARD that energon mold of grimlock from the 2 pack. He LOVES that thing. He could give a shit less about the AOE voyager. LOL..he gave that to me.

I agree it didn't NEED to come with so many guns, but my son went batshit crazy looking at all the gear.

When we took out Roadbuster here, he could not stop messing with it. He TF'd it..I watched him roll it all around the house..He TF'd it and it Slayed some cons...

THAT'S when I get excited about a figure, and That's when I know Hasbro has a real winner.

You know what my son told me? He said "Dad..Mabye Roadbuster is better than Springer..This is one of the coolest new transformers"

Home run Hasbro.

15. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    I got mine from BBTS 2 days ago and I love him so much... He has a few flaws but I am more than happy to work with them. Nice accessories and modes and easy transformation for the kids while still retaining a nice G1ish look.

Attached Files:

16. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That looks brilliant! Is it quite stable? Will try it out when mine comes in.

17. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    the one at my target is gone... shoulda got him when i saw him.

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, this guy is a solid figure and I love him for that. Whirl actually disappointed me in the way that, in robot mode, there just wasn't much I felt I could do with him thanks to the legs.

19. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well that's annoying I've had Roadbuster and Skybite on preorder at BBTS since they first put on the site and I still get not in stock yet message.

20. jayman118

jayman118 Well-Known Member

His kinda hard to pose or balance somehow, but yeah still happy to have him! His rock solid especially in alt mode alright. The colors is sharp too, simple to transform and no gaps. Also i just realized roadbuster kinda remind me a Zaku from the gundam series lols.

[​IMG]