Generations Rhinox issues?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Arashistorm, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I've been watching video reviews for about a month and finally got my Generations Rhinox in hand. His knees are loose like I heard many say and I was wondering are there any fixes recommended to make them tighter? (wasn't sure where to post this, but figured toy discussion fit)

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    You can get some clear nail polish in there and let it dry, working it back and fourth periodically.

Also, there is a feedback thread.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
  4. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Is this still a thing? Mine are stiff.

5. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

I finally fixed this last night. It's not a good fix, I don't know (yet) if it's a permanent fix, but it's the best I've got:

Take a very small sturdy flat piece of wood and place it on the knee joint, on the side with the smaller end of the pin showing. Get a good pair of pliers or vice grips. Place the tips of the pliers against the head of the pin, and the wood. Squeeze gently, making sure you're applying even pressure to drive the pin further into place. Squeeze as hard as you are comfortable with, stopping to test the knee joint periodically. The knees on my Rhinox were floppy as floppy can be, and now they hold FAIRLY well in most positions, and pretty darn firmly in a standing position. I've also got a few small stress marks on the plastic, but I can live with that a hell of a lot better than I can deal with a Rhinox that can't stand up.

Note: People may tell you to use future floor polish, which is usually a great solution for issues similar to this, but future can't seam to sneak into the openings on this joint, in my experience. So I wouldn't even bother.

6. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I worked the future around the pin on the inside of the leg so I built around it. Worked for me. So future can be used.

As for the nay sayers, yes this is real. Rhinox is a mess of a figure that needs a lot of work. If you got a good one, consider yourself lucky.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Another idea: pad either side of the knee, then take pliers and squeeze the knee gently. This will push the pin in, and tighten it, should the above methods not work.

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I dipped a toothpick into floor polish then touched it to the joint to let the bit seep into the joint. Repeated it a few times then worked the leg a bit and let it sit overnight. Works just fine now.