Generations Reflector, Buy one? or three?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ORIO, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A couple years down the line, the club or Botcon will have a 3 pack with toy accurate colors... Haha

2. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

I'm looking at only purchasing one.

3. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ive got to get myself three whichever way you look at it. To either represent spectro viefider and spyglass or the three robots refferred to as reflector in the show. Im guessing we may see a reprolabels set on top of this to make one of these guys definatively viefinder if a lens is not allready on the reflector figures chest

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Wow.....the OP asks if you'd buy 1 or 3 of Generations Reflector and it turns into a RiRRiA debate and talking about how bad the Preceptor mold supposedly is.

1.) Who cares what Reflector should be called? There are fans who follow the G1 cartoon and call the bot modes reflector and those who follow the toy and do the opposite. It's PREFERENCE.

2.) Who cares how many someone should buy? Some fans'll buy 3, others just 1. Myself, I may do 3. Again, it's preference.

3.) I don't see how anyone can make a solid opinion on a toy we've only seen through a blurry, dark picture and has a 95% chance of being mistransformed like the other figures they showed. That's like saying a movie'll suck after seeing a blurry, dark, shakily recorded version of a trailer.

4.) People also seem to be forgetting that Reflector is not a straight repaint. He's getting a new head to differentiate him more, as Hasbro is doing with most of thier repaints now.

5. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

You mean like the Constructicons are Devastator. Or any of the Gestalts :thumbs2: 

If they repaint them, Id get more than one. But if they dont. 1 will do...

6. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    probably get three, or find a ko g1 reflector and add some articulation

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was toying with the idea of army-building this guy or Scourge. I kind of suspect that he'll look too much like Perceptor, though. And I have to agree, the mold tentatively looks kind of meh (head too small and low-set, legs insanely blocky) so I'll likely get it just to have Perceptor and not bother with it again.

If they really knock it out of the park with the alternate headsculpt and colors, so that it could reasonably be toon!Reflector...maybe I'll think about it. ;)  Largely just because the Decepticons could use some cannon fodder.

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'll probably just get one Reflector unless they had different color schemes. If anyone were to do the three as a set, it would be Takara. And I'd probably bite on it.

9. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I would prefer my Reflector to be 3 scouts that combined into one camera. Or even Legends.

Though I may buy one or two of the Perceptor repaint as those random Reflector-looking-Decepticons who were with Shockwave on Cybertron.

10. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't have enough faces or palms for this thread.

11. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Buying one; rolling with that.

Honestly, I just don't have the budget to buy the same toy thrice. I'm not hardcore about displaying my TFs; I essentially buy them, play with 'em, let my little bros play with 'em, and then if I think they're really fun or awesome, I display them on my limited shelf space.

THUSLY, army building is not for me, but I can see how it would appeal to others. Still, I'll only be buying one Reflector and one Scourge.

12. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Well if they do them in the cartoon deco I may be tempted to get 5 or more to have enough to represent the Reflector trio and the generic Decepticon soldiers. If they choose another route then maybe just 3 for the Reflector trio.

13. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

Seeing as how there is no combining gimmick to this toy, it would be silly for me to get more than one Reflector.

14. simplygriff

simplygriff Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    I'm waiting to see better pics of the mold before I decide. Never really considered getting more than 1 til I read this thread though. :lol 
    -G

15. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I just realized that I'll never find Reflector or Scourge due to everyone buying 3 or more of each. :lol 

16. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I will probably buy Perceptor and I might not even buy Refelctor, let alone three of him.

17. Rewind

Rewind Motif

News Credits:
    I'll buy none. I don't want a Reflector that is essentially just a blue Perceptor. That's like painting Soundwave orange and calling him Blaster...which itself has been done.

18. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    Reflector will have a different head and there may be other changes as well. If they had given Universe Blaster a new head I would have sprung for him.

19. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Need better pics of the mold. If it turns out better than the pic looks, and the Reflector repaint looks enough like the G1 animation model, then yeah, I might pick up three. I always kinda wanted to get three of the middle original bot, but they tend to run a little more than $10 a pop.

20. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

Seriously dude, take the stick out of your ass...
    Some people want 3, you don't. Then don't buy 3... Suck it up and let people have a different opinion