Minor/Repaint: Generations Lyzack

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by MagnusWave931, Mar 28, 2022.

?

Favorite Obscure Fem Bot

1. Lyzack

13 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. Esmeral

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. Roulette

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Glyph

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  5. Scylla

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  6. Sonar

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. Other (Leave in the Comments)

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. MagnusWave931

MagnusWave931 Loving this Track right now

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hello again Tfw, so remember when I said that this fellow was my most complicated custom,

Custom Gutcruncher: Minor/Repaint: - Generations Gutcruncher

Well this one took the cake as this lady is the most complicated custom I've done up to this point and is one I've had in mind to do for awhile. So with a few months of on and off work, I present to you my custom Generations Lyzack.

IMG_4982[1].JPG

So let's discuss all that went into this fembot, but first a brief history lesson, who is Lyzack? Well she's a character from the Transformers Victory manga that appeared for a whole 2 panels and is the sister of Leozack, leader of the breastforce unit who when all together combine into Liokaiser. Since then she's popped up very rarely and has grown a cult following as an underground favorite of sorts.

IMG_E4998[1].JPG

One of her two panels from her Debut.

Anyway, because of how obscure this character is I doubt Hasbro will ever make a figure of her (Then again Generations Powerdasher's and Selects Puffer are a thing so who knows), which leads me to the actual custom itself. The base mold is the first release of RID 2015 Windblade with the wings of Potp Blackwing/Darkwing/Hydra. The main challenge was to figure out how to get Darkwing's wings onto Windblade as the attaching methods are very different, so what ended up happening was that I cut the connection wing piece of Darkwing and cutting around the area where Windblade's wings attached. After all the test fitting was done, I secured with a brass pin and some super glue to secure it into place.

Next was to figure out the shoulder pads, wasn't too hard as the design reminded me of the Rx-78-2 from Mobile Suit Gundam, so I took the knee caps from my entry grade Rx and not only used Milliput (First time using it and I highly recommend it) to fill in the gaps, but then secured it onto the shoulders with superglue while also shaving down certain details of the shoulders so the pieces could 1 fit and 2 look somewhat cohesive. Speaking of other misc. mods, the pointed knee caps were cut down for a more blocky look and the tips points for the piece that is attached to the wings was shaved off so it could all work together. And then there was the head...

Oh boy, so besides a titan master faceplate on Shapeways, there are no 3d printed options for a Lyzack head so I ended up making my own. Base of it was Windblade's head but shaved down so it could accept a helmet. The helmet itself is mostly made from Pla Plate/Styrene, with the mane part being sculpted with Milliput (Not going to lie and say this was easy, as sculpting the main part took close to 3 hours to get looking somewhat decent and filling in the gaps that the styrene left.)

As for painting, used a combination of Spray Paint, Tamiya's Arcylic, Testor's Enamel, and Sharpie's Oil Paint Markers to add the wing stripes/details. The painting process itself went mostly good, messed up on four parts but they came out looking decent in the end, the issue was the paint scheme itself. Since the character's original art is in black and white, there wasn't much to go off of, so between using various fanart's and the few other custom Lyzack's out there as a source, here's what I came up with. A mix of reversing the order of colors of Leozack (Leozack has blue arms, she has white for example), to a homage of both G1 Leozack's toy and Funpub's Wings Comic in certain spots, with some vague guessing from the original manga for good measure. Topped it all off with Matte Clear Coat and some Toyhax White Backed Decepticon Logos for good measure and she is complete.

IMG_4940[1].JPG

Tools used throughout painting process, plus a knee cap-less Entry Grade Rx for good measure.

Sorry for the long winded explanation but as you can see, a lot of work went into this lady and I wanted to detail it out you know? Anyway, thought on the final results, while there are issues (Some paint chipping and some damaged areas thanks to one pin not wanting to go back into place during final assembly), I feel this one came out looking quite decent. Only miscalculation on my part was making the helmet too big as the cockpit doesn't cover it fully but what can you do.

IMG_4993[1].JPG

But since her bro is leader of the breast force, which are essentially target masters, I felt like giving her a partner as well so I introduce to you, her Lioness Breast Master Partner.

IMG_4988[1].JPG

Made using Siege Lionizer, wanted to make her partner a bit unique so instead of black legs on Leozack;s Lion friend, Lioness has white. Painted the effect part with Tamiya's clear red, which combined with the blue plastic, now gives it a dark orange color to it. But there was one other reason I wanted to use this mold, that being because of the weapon mode. Which I painted up to look like Funpubs/Botcon Leozack's Sword like she had in the Wings Comic.

IMG_4991[1].JPG

Combat Time

IMG_E4999[1].JPG

Wings Comic

So Overall, while there were many bumps in the road on this one and I will never claim it to be perfect, I'm proud of this one as it's another big step forward in my customizing journey and the mistakes made from it will help me to improve my craft. As always all comments, critiques, and questions are appreciated and welcomed. Thanks for reading my long essay on a character with 2 panels to her name.
    Have a Good One.

IMG_4992[1].JPG

IMG_4996[1].JPG

Bonus comparison with G1 Leozack I got a few years ago.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 47
  2. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Excellent job on this!

• Like Like x 1
  3. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Voyager Class

News Credits:
    Be damn proud of her, she is amazing!

• Like Like x 1
  4. pluto

pluto Banned

Crisp! Excellent job on the white but honestly excellent job in the whole thing!

• Like Like x 1
  5. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    *pounds table while chanting*
    CUTE HAT LYZACK!!!!

• Like Like x 7
  6. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

That looks really good - would fit in well with animated figures as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

masterful!

• Like Like x 1
  8. FredrickMcQuil

FredrickMcQuil Poor transformers fan

The head turned out great and I really love the teal you picked out!

• Like Like x 1
  9. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Wait, hold up! You can use both acrylic and enamel paints on a single custom? Was the enamel the clearcoat?!
    *mind expands*

• Like Like x 3
  10. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    *Joins in*
    CUTE HAT LYZACK!!!!!

Great custom OP :) 

• Like Like x 3
  11. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Cassette & fembot advocate; Shadow Striker zealot

Oh, this is excellent, nicely done.

At once time, I'd considered something similar with a spare PotP Moonracer as the base with donated wings & parts from a PotP Blackwing, but never attempted it (lack of time, lack of 3D printer, fear of totally borking it).

• Like Like x 2
  12. MagnusWave931

MagnusWave931 Loving this Track right now

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yes you can, I've used that clear coat on both Arcylic and Enamel paints jobs, and so far it's held up alright.

• Like Like x 2
  13. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

News Credits:
    wow that REALLY works!

• Like Like x 1
  14. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    My single critique is that her helmet seems too wide. Ths "snout" on her helmet looks like a cube. This is an insanely creative custom. I've been wanting to make a Lyzack but couldn't figure out what mold to use, this looks like the best option.

• Like Like x 1
  15. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    *Also joins in*

CUTE HAT LYZACK!!!

• Like Like x 3