Generations Leader Jetfire

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by TCracker, Jul 18, 2014.

1. megatronski

megatronski Mr. Low attention span

News Credits:
    I've never had a huge problem with hollow figures, unfortunate to hear about the pin, but it doesn't worry me that much, considering I rarely transform my figures.

Damn, all the other pics made his armored-mode look the best, but these pics make the normal mode look freaking awesome! I'm really hoping this figure is released by my birthday next month.

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Funny how the jet mode looks like a regular Macross VF valkyrie yet the robot mode looks like the boxy Skyfire. It's 2 designs in 1.

3. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    I do not know if I am going to purchase this figure. The more I look at it the less I like it.

4. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    The hollow outer forarms kinda suck other than that he looks awesome

Though I smell an upgrade in his future

5. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I was just thinking the same thing! It's odd because I think both modes look pretty decent on their own, but the toy overall lacks a certain cohesion, almost like it's not even the same toy. The fake cockpit really makes this obvious too, in not a good way. I don't mind cheating in some cases (even MP-10 cheats the grill but it works). Here it just feels - it not lazy, then at least out of place. Both the G1 Jetfire and the Classics Jetfire did not have to cheat the cockpit, so why does this one? I don't know why it bothers me so much since I like both modes well enough (aside from the hollowness), but it does.

6. MechaV

MechaV Not as bad as you think.

News Credits:
    Well, not buying it, but it's certainty raised my expectations for Megatron.

7. JCthegreat

JCthegreat Star Seeker

News Credits:
    This will be a great addition to my aligned wreckers! (if you've read Retribution you would know that Jetfire was working under Ultra Magnus as a Wrecker)

8. thunder117

thunder117 Magna Defender

Ebay:
    The hollowness and plastic worries me, but the aesthetic looks fantastic, and the chroming in this case looks really good. I think people are overreacting about the chrome weapons. Nice G1 throwback, and no, I am not a GEEWUNNER.

9. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

Really great review TCracker. When I first saw pics of this guy I was sure to get him at release but your review actually helped me a lot. His overall look I still love but he looks sort of plain to me now and I really hate that red chrome, it's hideous imo. The price seems awfully high now since I know what I'll be getting.

10. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

where did you get him?

11. todzilla85

todzilla85 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    god I want this!!! hollow pieces in toys never bothered me much and have existed since forever.

and I guess im in the minority cause from your shots I kinda dig the chrome pieces :) 

12. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Killer pictures.

About the figure. Really disappointed in the plastic issue and I really hope this isn't another Wreckgar. Man what a heartbreaker that figure is.

The chrome and hollowness really take this figure from amazing to just pretty good. I want it but not sure I want it at clsoe to $50.

13. griffn29

griffn29 Well-Known Member

do the feet extend outward at all? The very first images of the toy had longer feet for some reason...
    [​IMG]

14. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Hmm. I bet some fixit sculpt would fill in those hollow bits nicely. Is there any reason (transformation) that they couldn't be filled in?

Also can anyone think of an instance where TakaraTOMY used markedly better plastic on a toy? I can think of instances where it may have marginally been the case, but I own very few duplicates from both sides of the sea. If it seems like a possibility that might be a compelling reason to hold out an see what they do. Also seems somewhat likely that they'd do something.. different.. colorwise, with those super parts.

Regardless, I'm not on the fence one but about owning this mold in some fashion. I think it looks great. Thanks for the honest review, TC.

15. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Once again TCracker you dazzle me with the awesomeness of your pics and review.

I really do have mixed feelings about this figure. G1 Jetfire/Skyfire is one of mt top 5 favorite G1 Autobots of all time, so everytime there is even a sniff of a new figure for him I get excited. But a few of the design choices with this particular outing leaves me somewhat wanting.

It looks great (really your photos have been the only ones so far to bring out the best of this figure). But all the things your pointed out (DAT PIN, YIKES!!!), just has me on the fence. The chrome wouldn't have bothered me, if only it was used sparingly on the super pieces, instead of just all over them.

Also....

A FIGURE THIS LARGE AND NO WRIST SWIVEL?!?!?!?!
    Hasbro...sometime I really don't understand you...........

Don't tease..............

16. Crossfire-034

Crossfire-034 Insensitive jerk

Dammit. Jet/Skyfire doesn't have wrist swivel, does he. Seems to be a reoccurring theme this year...

Otherwise looks like a pretty nice toy, and I'll probably pick it up at some point.

17. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    has hasbro ever commented on yellowing? i really hope people's jetfires aren't piss colored in ten years...

18. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

...And I'll be buying two, one for each kid. And heavily borrowing them.

19. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I don't know what causes it, but some figures suffer from it and others don't. Drift tends to yellow like a fucker if you don't clean him while Wheeljack remains pristine.

Takara typically uses their larger budget on better paint apps, chrome and stuff. The plastic tends to be the same (for the most part) and they're made in the same factories. The better plastic stuff is mostly fandom urban legend that gets repeated "I SWEAR the plastic feels better!"

That said the construction itself sometimes is different and the figures might end with different QC issues, like for example Takara's Lugnut having looser Punch gimmicks (reportedly). But basically, only spend extra if you like how Tak's version looks, don't expect tighter figures or better plastic just because.

20. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Holy crap, you are right, there is an extra joint to extent the feet. Thanks for pointing it out!

[​IMG]