Generations Leader Jetfire

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by TCracker, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    It's amazing that HasTak can do a seriously awesome figure like Jetfire and you still have people ranting and whining and nit-picking like crazy (not just the above poster(s), I mean in general).

The figure is great, it looks excellent in both modes, has a great gimmick that homages two important iterations, is the proper size class for the character and from the pics seems to have above average articulation as the icing on the cake. He definitely has flaws, but this guy looks to be absolutely everything you could logically expect in a Hasbro Jetfire. Unpleasable fanbase is unpleasable.

2. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    To address your concerns, there are some reasons for just about every issue you have with the figure:

The rising price of oil is the main factor in why pieces are hallow on the figure. Oil prices effect plastic prices. While we did not see an immediate increase once oil went up by a lot a few years ago its slowly getting into the toy biz.

Paint apps fall under the same category. Believe it or not, stickers are actually the cheaper way to go I've been told. I prefer having a bit less paint and a nice sticker pack like with Roadbuster.

Articulation can somewhat be shoehorned in here as more articulation requires somewhat more plastic per figure. It also requires more engineering, albeit how simple, to make a figure more bendy.

The fact that kids are not into toys right now is the other side of the coin. Games, iPads, Cell Phones, etc are a kids desire for this generation. My 6 year old loves his transformers and other toys for about 10 minutes then lets them sit forever. He still claims he wants all theses toys but when he gets them he does nothing with them. He always wants to go back to his iPad or Nintendo or something else (i limit his time severely). He has maybe 5-10 of his toys he really likes and will fiddle with now and then but.... As hasbro has stated before this is really hurting them.

Then we have Hasbro's idiot idea of oversimplifying things so that they think more kids will by them, as if hard transformers was the problem they weren't buying them in the first place. My son likes very few of the new movie TF's and generations that have gotten simpler. I live in hicksville USA and I hear the same when I am in the toy aisle from other kids. Hasbro moved too far below the line this time, and I think the toys are going to suffer. NOONE is buying most of the junk at our stores in the area. Only Voyager, Leader, and some deluxe have been selling at all. There must be at least 100 of the simpler toys in a display that haven't sold at all.

At this point I am just glad we are getting things like the new combiners, roadbuster, and the new jetfire. With all of jetfires faults (including the chrome for me which i will be removing) he is still a decent figure. Yes the lack of some articulation sucks a bit, but seeing I have no problem with Voyager Roadbuster I can live with most of the issues. At least he comes with his armor and lots of accessories and a facemask for that Macrossy look.

Vote with your wallets but remember the less of this collectors targets stuff we buy, the more Hasbro will just think we aren't interested in it anymore, and for the wrong reasons.

3. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

I think it's totally valid to complain about the chrome. Completely ruins the accessories.

4. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I'd definitely prefer it without the chrome, I agree, but in the end I don't think its a truly damning part.

5. BidoofdudeofOz

BidoofdudeofOz The Stench of Discovery

I love the chrome. It looks great with the red. It may not be as toy accurate as I and others would like, but I think it was worth doing.

6. TFfanOP

TFfanOP Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My only real gripe are the hollow parts, they really look out of place on a figure this big and at this price point. But that's not enough to sway me from buying the figure. I may even go for Takara, since there have been reports of the chrome flaking off on Hasbro version.

7. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Chrome flaking off?

EFF YEAAA!

Hahaa...let it fly off...let it fly off so hard, that when I get it there's just a pile of red Chrome dust in the box to make it easier to paint.

I get all the complaints...I agree with most.

I'll still buy this one.

8. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I was thinking of adding paint! You gonna add a reprolabel in his chest?

As to the complaints, I get them. Jetfire is hardly perfect, but he's not a stinker either. The thing I really think he could have done with are wrist joints. I'm certain the engineering would have been minimal as would the extra plastic for a tab or whatever.

9. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I'm going to try it after seeing how good it looks if I can find my labels.

10. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    So far so good my chrome hasn't flake off at all & I live in a tropical area.

Also Jetfire is an awesome toy. whenever I'm fidddling transforming it back & forth and when the wife isn't around I'll pretend to make it fly around for abit..hee hee lol :p 

11. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Some alt mode shots compared to Starburst, since some PMed me and asked nicely :D 
    Unlike some others who dont have the audacity to thank me after I answered some of their queries.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Who are you talking about? I'm worried that you think I've been blanking you or something... it's not me is it? :redface2: 

13. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    As a neutral 3rd person who's been reading this thread, I've noticed both of you have been contributing quite a bit, both in photos and in answers to questions - so thanks both of you, it's been quite helpful especially since I've been on the fence with this guy.

That said, I think that there may have been a slight tendency of people to thank tikgnat for answering questions that both of you did in fact answer, i.e.:

Reader: question!
    TCracker: answer
    tikgnat: answer
    Reader: thanks tikgnat!

14. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Added the better faction sticker:

[​IMG]

And moved the gun mount for jet mode:

[​IMG]

Instead of drilling a hole, I just pulled the mount out of the nosecone and modded it/glued it to the thruster pack. Leaves a small hole in the nosecone but no worse than anything else on the figure.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, that's great, thanks bud!:D 

16. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ditto.

17. B13

B13 Well-Known Member

Thank you!

Thank you guys! And thank you for the reminder too OCProwl!

18. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    I'm always thankful of you bro for the advice & tips you've given me. Also it's b'coz of you that I caved in big time into buying it! Lol

Thank you TC you've done more than enough for us on this thread. Good man. :thumbs2: 

19. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 It's Hot Rod's fault...

Keep the awesome pics rolling guys. Makes me more excited for when mine finally arrives. Gonna have to get a flight stand. :) 

20. quantumhawk

quantumhawk Retired Allspark Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can you show us what the nosecone looks like with the hole?