generations leader jetfire n megs

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by doomtron, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I think whatever fits in Whirl's cockpit can fit into Jetfire's. Be cool if Hasbro uses Roadbuster, Jetfire and whirl as Transformers VS GI Joe exclusives with mini-driver figures of Ace, Wild Bill and Double Clutch. Jetfire in Skystriker colors, Roadbuster painted like Hound(to look like the VAMP) and Whirl in green as the Dragonfly.

Interestingly enough, G1 versions or all 3 used Takatoku 1/55 molds from Macross and Dorvack. If Roadbuster is an all new mold than things will have come full circle for those 3 with new versions/molds of each in the Generations line.

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dig the toy! I really like how they combine the cartoon (robot) and toy (vintage toy)modes together in this figure!

3. Vexwing

Vexwing You are being deceived.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Oh man, it totally makes sense why I've always had them as rivals in my head. I just thought it must have been something my older brother made up when playing with his as a kid.

I've always had a very toy-based perception of these characters, I think leader Jetfire will look pretty damn amazing facing off against QuakeWave.

4. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They were meant to be the leaders of 85 'bots and 'cons like Ultra Magnus (originally) and Galvatron were the 86 leaders.

5. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't play battletech and Exo Force falls under my LEGO list.

6. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, that commercial has the Valkyrie model! I've never seen that before. WHOA.

7. Knightsword

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    er Exo Squad

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Nope. Exo Force was Lego's more recent mechsuit line with silly anime-minifigs.

9. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did this too with my brother, it definitely must have come from us seeing this commercial at first.

So many good memories and adventures with those too

Yeah, I love these old commercials. WHAT I WOULD GIVE to get them all in dvd type quality. Like the g1 tv shows that are out on dvd.

10. Exousia

Exousia Lost Lighter

News Credits:
    I believe he means that he's referencing this:
    [​IMG]
    Exo Squad. A powersuit/mech cartoon from the 90s. Wasn't anime though, was part of the first wave of 'western response' [to anime's popularity] cartoons.

11. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    Hopefully not in his uranos.

12. JETFIRE714

JETFIRE714 Well-Known Member

purchase x5

13. wheeljack359

wheeljack359 Master Technician

Ebay:
    I would love to see the size of this.I would expect it to be the size of the Springer or Whirl they just put out, But if they made it larger I would consider it.

Right now I use the Perfect Macross VF-1S from "Do you remember Love". Its Large Enough to go in Classics/Generations collections and Masterpiece Collections.

This new Figure would have to be able to do the same.

Heres to hoping!

14. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    That was such a bleak show it was awesome and the toys were fun too. Kinda regret getting rid of them

15. wheeljack359

wheeljack359 Master Technician

Ebay:
  16. Knightsword

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That be correct, still have most of toys in storage too. The show would be rated mature audiences only now a days,

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  17. Silver_Prime

Silver_Prime Air Commander

Wow, those are amazing, I especially love Air Raid. I'm an Aerialbot fan if no one knew from my name lol :lol 

A Leozack retool would be amazing! But I'll hold on to my illogical and delusional belief that Takara will 1 day make me a MP version of all 7 characters (I want Death Cobra damnit!) so that I may create MP Liokaiser in all his glory!

Exo Squad... That touches me in all the right places! ;)  hahaha loved that show and I use to have 1 of the Mechs when I was younger but who knows where that ended up.

18. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Oh boy, G1 Jetfire is one of those toys I always wanted but we could never track down when I was a kid, have been looking at buying an old G1 one for some time now but from what I have seen of this new one. Oh boy! I'll wait for this!

Now I just need a decent Swoop and I'm one happy camper!

19. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am betting it to be the G1 ish "Skyfire" Jetfire

20. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    I am. & it's simple to tell. Robot mode's cockpit has an Autobot symbol on it, where as jetmode has no symbol there. The cockpits don't even look the same in the pics (jet mode's is rounded, robot mode's is more square; also, the red is missing).

You can tell the nosecone, cockpit & a bit of attached plastic are all one piece, which is significantly larger than the intakes, which are the bulk of the torso. There is no panel line indicating that cockpit/ nosecone piece can fold, separate or collapse in some way, so it won't fit in the torso, meaning it most likely winds up on Jetfire's back or butt (depending on if they try to hide some of it or not).

1) I intentionally mix lines, but only if they look right together. I always am aware of which lines each belongs to, though. Voyager Classics Jetfire is scaled right w/ Classics Starscream, more or less (since their relative size varied at times in the series); this one will be a too big robot & a still too small jet (again, he was taller than Starscream, but not by too much -- I think a pic of that was posted earlier in this thread -- but many TFs could fit inside his vehicle mode); also, see point 7

*edit* Found the pic. Don't think it's an actual screenshot, though, but does show the most common relative size:
    [​IMG] */edit*

2) see below

3) There's a cult following for the Dino Cassettes (who may have been in ONE US G1 ep.). What's your point? I do not count myself a part of either cult following.

5) Because I'm a fan of Robotech, the Valkyrie design belongs there & Hasbro can't use it anyway. Since I watched the G1 cartoon, Skyfire has always been his show model, & I make the name distinction, but understand they do represent the same character.

6) I don't mind that they mixed the 2 modes. I just don't like that it cheats (& it won't scale w/ my mostly Deluxe collection -- more in point 7). I understand why they cheated (combining the 2 modes like this means they had to either cheat or change the cockpit some), I just prefer proper transformations, especially on the bigger, better engineered figures. Also of note, I tolerate MP-01's (don't want MP-10, something feels off to me about the new one) grill cheat for 2 reasons. First, they literally just swap grills in the same location & 2) it serves an accuracy purpose: it did change when he transformed.

7) I prefer my TFs to scale properly (w/ the word "scale" being used correctly), but I understand that rarely happens (*cough* Beast Wars *cough*), & no matter what, Skyfire/ Jetfire CAN'T scale, because he both mass shifts & was never depicted at a consistent scale.

I will list various Mechs I know (though, listing them all is almost impossible, so this is an incomplete list).

A real list of different mecha lines looks like this (granted, still not complete & I didn't feel like listing all the subcatagories):
    • Diaclone, Microchange & the TransFormers that follow, many of which fall into new catagories of their own (particularly Animated)
      • also, the various TFs that came from anime series, such as Headmasters, RiD & the Unicron Trilogy
    • Machine Robo, aka Gobots
    • King of Beasts Golion, Dairugger XV & Albegas, which became Voltrons, & the Voltrons that were later made by Americans (namely *shudders* Stealth Voltron & Voltron Force's redesigns)
    • Mobile Suit Gundam & it's sequels & spinoffs
    • Macross, Southern Cross, & Mospeda, which formed Robotech, & Macross Plus & it's sequels
    • Mazinger Z, the various Tokusatsu mechs (many which became Zords for Power Rangers) & other similar Japanese Live Action show robots
    • Exosquad
    • LEGO & other building sets had some mechs
    • Armarauders
    • Various other anime mecha; partial list (from my experience & restricted to piloted mechs):
      • Gurren Laggan
      • Neon Genesis Evangelion & RahXephon
      • Brave Series
      • GaoGaiGar
      • Godannar
      • Ghost in the Shell's Tachikomas
      • Appleseed Mechs
      • Eureka Seven's LFOs & successor mechs
      • Code Geass's Knighmare Frames
      • Big O
      • Project A-Ko had a few mech designs
      • Bubblegum Crisis
      • Jinki:Extend
      • Burst Angel
      • Kannazuki no Miko
      • Escaflowne
      • Full Metal Panic!
      • Gene Shaft
      • Str.A.In
      • VanDread
      • Lagrange: the Flower of Rin-ne
      • Gravion & Gravion Zwei
      • Raijin-Oh
    • I'm not even going to bother including mechs from GAMES!