generations leader jetfire n megs

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by doomtron, Jan 31, 2014.

1. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

I’m actually worse. I’m a fan of Jetfire, not because of the handful of episodes with that flying box Skyfire, but because of a 30 second toy commercial:

1980s Transformers Jetfire Shockwave Commercial - YouTube

Seeing the Autobot cars pinned down, at a huge disadvantage, and then suddenly they have an air warrior that kicks the shit out of the Con jets was friggin’ awesome to see as a kid. That’s what I imagined Jetfire to be!

And for that reason I am more than pleased with this toy. The jet is the sleek super jet it’s supposed to be, and not the square cargo crate with wings it was in the cartoon, and the mask is sleek enough to pass for his face (for those of us that prefer the visor/plate look over the face), unlike with his voyager version. Can’t wait for this thing to come out.

2. GunplaGamer

GunplaGamer Swerve’s Best Customer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    And you have to build them most of the time :p  While there are figures, Typically the model kits are cheaper and quite fun to put together. :D 

3. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Allow me to prove you wrong by listing those that I know of:
    -Transformers
    -Zegapain
    -Robotech
    -Aquarion
    -Big O
    -Neon Genesis
    -Machine Robo
    -Brave series
    -Gundam
    -Voltron
    -Valvrave

4. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any kid that lived through the 80's that wasn't effect by those commercials was dead inside. It's the single thing I remember most about G1.

5. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

It is weird how much of an effect JetSkyfire had on so many kids, myself included. Part of it was definitely how awesome the toy was; it blew every other Transformer away in terms of articulation, complexity, accessories, and looking like it could kick your ass. The other side though, was the commercials and TV appearance (different name, but we knew who they meant); it seemed like long-due justice for the faction of ground-bound consumer vehicles to get a super-powerful, super-smart flying savior on their side. If they did that today, there would be cries of "Mary Sue", but three decades ago, it was the theme of every play session.
    Also, knowing I was getting Jetfire for Christmas but having to wait months for him as well as make sure my grades were high enough (*cough* no Asian F's) kind of added to the hype, as well as memory permanence.

6. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Impressive, but you're in the minority ;) 

BTW, really, you know of Machine Robo [part of rock lords and gobots]...but you put ROBOTECH in there? Robo...bleach. Macross all the way brother. ;) 

7. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    why's this in the news board? the OP was only starting a discussion...

8. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No Gurren Lagann = You lose thanks for playing come again.

9. cuters

cuters Diabolist

Not interested in the leader class Megatron would look way out of place with my deluxe and voyager cons most being deluxe but man I want that Jetfire should scale around the size of my combiners GG Warlord and Colossus my bots need a big guy other than Grimlock.

10. cuters

cuters Diabolist

It turned into news once the proto pics of Jetfire were leaked from ebay well at leased its news imo.

11. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    With how all the IDW characters so far have gone for earth mode bodies, and with how Jetfire has a realistic altmode, I'm guessing that Megatron too will look close to this in robot mode but look like an earthen tank in altmode. Which would be A-OK with me. :D 

12. Exousia

Exousia Lost Lighter

News Credits:
    In addition to Transformers, I love me some Gundam, Full Metal Panic!, Big O, Gurren Lagann, and many others. But Macross, Macross is my favorite. I skipped out on a good number of recent TFs (mostly 3rd party fare) so I could get the DX Chogokin VF-29 Isamu Version and the Macross Plus Complete Blu-ray Box. :D 

I think my love of Macross (and classic Robotech) is part of why Jetfire/Skyfire is one of my favorite Transformers. Not just because the original toy (which I never managed to get) was a armored-up VF-1, but because the character was a big, badass Autobot jet. I also really liked Jetfire, the Aerialbots, and the Stunticons because they broke up the status-quo of the Autobots and Decepticons, which were typically cars and jets/"war machines", respectively.

13. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Well to be fair even a futuristic tank still pretty much looks like a regular old tank :lol 

(not counting the "FUCK YOU IT'S A TANK BECAUSE WE SAID SO!" movie and WFC ones)

I don't think it's going to be any more realistic than say Whirl or Springer or even Blizwing.

But hey as long as it's a proper chunky G1 looking Megs with hints of the IDW design I'm happy.

14. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  15. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You don't say...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Gurren Lagann is internet pleb tier.

And you don't want me to list mecha series I both know AND watched (and probably own a figure of in some form!).

I play Super Robot Wars, after all. Since the 90s.

17. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

I'll wait to see what Megatron looks like if he exists...

but those pics of Jetfire are sexy. I hope one comes out just like that. I had the classics one and I liked it, but I found it too small. (I know it's wacky to try to make an in-scale Transformers collection, but I'm nuts like that). I always liked Jetfire - he was their first Mega-Big-Ultra-unstoppable in the cartoon, biggest bigbad until Omega Supreme, but I didn't like him because he was big. I liked his look. That's a cool look. And that looks like a cool toy. Gimme.

18. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No Exo Squad or Battletech

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  19. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    I love that commercial so much...

20. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

That was the most epic vintage commercial. When they pull that lever and the mountain opens up. Always made him & Shockwave rivals in my head as a kid. Still does.