Generations figures skip instructions?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hoffman, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm new to these boards, so I apologize if this has been discussed already. I'm just getting into the Generations line, and picked up Sandstorm today.

Transforming him, the instructions skip entire steps, for example pinning his arms down in both vehicle modes.

Is this common with this line?

2. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I never understood lacking instructions myself, but this goes back a long time. So nothing new.

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're pretty bad like that, my guess being in light of stupid assumptions being made on the writer's part.

4. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can swear that lines back as far as, at least RiD has steps skipped in the instructions.. not just Generations..

5. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't collect a ton of different Transformers, but I do own figures from several lines dating back to Beast Wars.

This is just the first time that I've noticed major steps missing. Usually it's just tweaks that are missing.

It's not a big deal since these figures are abstract looking enough that you can figure it out and get away with how you want it to look.

6. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes. The newer instructions have a few missed steps. The most glaring was with whirl. You had to bring

That was a toughie.

7. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

It's kind of common throughout the entire history of the franchise, not just Generations. Sometimes even third party figures' instructions skip stuff, or are generally unclear as to exactly what they want you to do. Like you've said in your later post, this generally is limited to minor tweaks, and the figures generally can clue you in as to what needs to happen. There's plenty of people here that pride themselves in being able to figure out the toy's transformation between modes without the help of the instructions.

Welcome to the boards, by the way!