Generations Deluxe being sold Without IDW Comics in Brazil, But still USA package.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ZackRoyer, May 18, 2014.

1. ZackRoyer

ZackRoyer Member

Transformers Dioramas posted this news on their website:
    Deluxe Class da linha TRANSFORMERS: GENERATIONS [Thrilling 30] chega ao Brasil em blister diferenciado e sem ComicsĀ¹ ~ Transformers Dioramas - Toys become real!

Free Translation:

"Transformers Generations Deluxe Class arrive on Brazil with differentiated blister and no comic

Cybertronian Greetings...

[​IMG]

Fans and Collectors that payed a visit to the greatest toy sellers in Brazil encountered an unusual situation related to the Transformesr: Generations [Thrilling 30] Blister packages.

Unlike was seen on ABRIN/2014 (Brazil Toy Fair) by Transformers Diorama (Watch - TF NEWS: TRANSFORMERS DIORAMAS - Transformers Dioramas - Programa #2 for more info) Deluxe Figures from Transformesr: Generations [Thrilling 30] line came with blisters in a version without the comics in english.

(Images quoted to reduce thread lenght)
    To the child audience - to wich those figures are destined - such change doesn't bring any loss , but to Fans and Collectors, this represents a great scam, since the comics bring an apresentation with deeper information about the characters.
    "

1)-"Differentiated blister" my a**, that blister is the american one, but with the comic removed.
    2)-I know Europe and Takara versions didn't got the comics aswell.
    3)-I know also that Europe and Takara versions got a blister with an artwork, not that thing that looks like it's a fake crap.
    4)- I know my country has laws that says products need to have specifications in our native language (wich comes in a sticker in the blister bottom). But that doesn't mean that comics inside the product needs to be in portuguese. I Have an official Spawn figure that came with an english comic that was bought in a "great toy seller" here in brazil some time ago.

What pisses me off (and some other brazillian consumers as well). Is that we (by a Hasbro perspective) don't deserve to get a blister with the character Artwork (if we can't get the HQ so at least give us a non-fake looking blister!) like Europe or Asia, maybe it is because we're inferior than other countries and Hasbro Brasil couldn't bother to give us a good looking blister, instead they open the blisters, remove the comics as if nobody would notice, doesn't even bother to cut the "Comic Book Included" part off the package

Hasbro Brasil could show some consideration to us Brazillian consumers that pay overpriced toys (Movie Leaders are $120 here, Voyagers $60, Deluxes are $36) and get few to none Generations waves that are released in other countries.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    That's a different blister, they didn't cut anything open.

3. ZackRoyer

ZackRoyer Member

Yeah, that means that if someone who buy those figures manages to get the comic apart somehow, they will not be able to store the comic inside the blister.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Welcome to what Canada has been going through.

The blisters are quite clearly different. You can see the glued surface right above the figure. They omit the comics, at least here, because of language laws.

My biggest problem is the blank space. I feel like something should go there, like a sticker. Well, biggest next to the giant "COMIC INCLUDED." :lol 

5. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Yup. Different. The U.S. blister allows for the comic to be included. The pictures of the Brazilian blister looks like all its for is just the figure and instructions.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Except that as of Wave 3, they improved the Canadian packaging.

Now they have the artwork of the characters from the IDW comic book covers, which IMO is way cooler.

Sucks that they didn't remove the comic book included, now you're getting ripped off.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    My Wal Mart never got wave 3. :cry 

8. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome use of space on that card!

9. WWELORD

WWELORD The Best In The World

News Credits:
    For some reason Your tailgate sig makes what you said so much sadder

10. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

What a dick move by Hasblow

11. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    In Asia the comics were included with the toys on the blister pack.

12. ZackRoyer

ZackRoyer Member

So Hasbro's version on the Asian market got comic, The one I saw was Takara, my bad.
    Does countries in Asia have any law about translated products? Like they had to translate the comic to japanese/mandarin to be able to sell in Japan/China?

13. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Gotta love how the package still says "comic book included." :rolleyes2 

14. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:

Not that I know of coz I'm from S'pore but the IDW comics that were included with the toy is in English text.

15. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    That's because whiteout is expensive. Since Hasbro is "cutting corners/costs"......

I'm kidding.

16. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Tempe, AZ
    Stupid Quebec.

17. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    They could've put a second toy in that blank space.

18. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

This is the end of the line for me, I don't see how Hasbro can get any lower, and how Hasbro Brasil could squeeze any more money from us. I have all I want, so screw this.

19. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

It isn't Hasbro's fault. They have to abide by laws. The comic would be pretty much all text and little art if they had to put 3 languages for each speach bubble. Either that or tiny ass font... It's just not practicle for them to re-print the books and spend that extra money so just remove the comic right? It sucks. But saying it's a dick move on Hasbro's part is a bit much.

Yup. Fucking Quebec and the bullshit like this.

20. ZackRoyer

ZackRoyer Member

They could've changed the card to another without the "comic book included" and put some character art to the card, It wouldn't look lazy and cheap like some random X-former chinese KO.

No they aren't responsible for the laws.
    Yes, hasblow still a dick for not adapting the package properly.