Generations Combiner Wars Offroad In Hand

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Dinobot Slug, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Love the face sculpt. This guy makes me want to play DIRT, and that's a good thing. :D 

2. jbot

jbot Disciple of A3

News Credits:
    If they wanted to create original characters, I wish they would have come up with original color schemes. It would make this guy and Alpha Bravo more interesting.

3. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I understand, but when it comes to combiners I think the thing you must understand is that there are those, like me, who are nostalgic to the original teams. Many of us don't care about the new characters, and the anger is only there because the thought was that Hasbro has eliminated old characters with no respect to what nostalgic collectors thought.

I mean it's clear that it seems Slingshot and Wildrider were obvious that they were going to come out, but there was that period of uncertainty that made me pretty upset. I didn't want Alpha Bravo. I have absolutely no interest and I felt like I was being forced to get him if I wanted a complete combiner.

I understand the idea of breathing new life into the property but on the other hand what's so bad about respecting and honoring the past? I would never have been so angry about Alpha Bravo if we were told Slingshot was coming out from the very beginning.

But I've moved past it. I really don't care for Alpha Bravo or Off Road. I just wish that people stopped pushing the idea that we NEED to respect them, that we NEED to like them. No we don't.

4. shellformer

shellformer @

If that's what they were doing we wouldn't be getting any sort of aerialbot or stunticon.

5. son of jor el

son of jor el Well-Known Member

This is the exact reason I shell out money for the third party figures. How in the holy heck can you supposedly transformers fans praise hasbro for this half assed attempt on these so called transformers. I understand third party is pricey but at least you get better quality and cartoon accuracy. This pos looks like a grey and red 1980's lunch box we use to carry in school. Hasblow is hot ass garbage!!!

6. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    there are a TON of examples to honoring the past. hell the entire classics/universe/generations line is a nod to the past. look, i'm with you...i grew upon this stuff too. i'm 31 i've lived through G1 but i'm not a stickler for it. and this anger you have for a toy just blows my mind. i mean if AB has graffiti on his side reading "F you slingshot" yea....light the torches that's a slap. but this? i dunno. i like this idea of back up members it gives more playability to the line and if you pushed aside some of this vitriol you'd find really fun figures. superion is a blast to play with i mean yea, an all jet scheme makes more sense but AB is actually a fun toy and i think offroad is alot of the same. the sad part is if these were just two new characters with no combiner gimmick people might actually scoop them up and not care. the only thing smacking it down is they're the team. so yea i think it's petty...along with guys freaking out negatively about the great fanbuilt gender debate...

and as much you wish people would not push the NEED for the new characters alot of us wish people would not push the NEED to keep everything G1. it goes both ways here. you dont like the new member cool....but dont get on the back of people accepting new blood in the line. remember there are tons of outlets to rectify the problem. japan is doing the all jet team and i'm sure an all car menasor is next. there were the leaks of the two classic members and i could even see 3p groups or fanpub themselves making them if need be. it's not like they won't be around.

in the future though please dont come at me with a "you do understand this don't you?" kind of tone. it's unnecessary. i didn't call you out or anything. i'm up for a civil discussion and i think we've achieved that. food for thought man we're all brothers in this hobby.

7. son of jor el

son of jor el Well-Known Member

I usually just look and not comment but this is getting utterly ridiculous.

8. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So says the guy with very little post.
    These figures aren't "half-assed" as you may think.

Go back to lurking.

9. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    Please go back to your 3P stuff & you'll be fine. You don't have to be needlessly annoyed by official stuff by looking at it.

10. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    And again, none of this stuff matters to me. I'm only in this hobby to satisfy my childhood nostalgia. That's the goal and aim of my modern collection. That's why I get only G1 characters with very few exceptions. Sure I've got Windblade, sure I've got Steelcore, but the vast majority of my collection, what I display, is only modernized versions of G1 characters. But you know, I'm certainly not the only one here. As for the G1 push...what do you expect? Since Classics people have wanted G1 centric product and I'm frankly glad Hasbro decided not to marginalize us and actually cater to us on a regular basis.

Especially for the case of combiner teams, I have no interest, no care, no room for my collection for anyone that isn't the G1 team members. I've got other hobbies that I spend money on and money I spend on Alpha Bravo or Off Road is money that isn't going into my other hobbies or Transformers figures I'd rather have.

Yes, as I said, it bummed me out before Slingshot and Wildrider were announced that Alpha Bravo and Off Road were a thing. I think to a degree it was warranted. I was upset at the idea that Hasbro gave us a very slavish G1 yet they wouldn't satisfy the need for G1 combiner teams. Of course that was wrong and yes, I'm pretty wrong, which is why it doesn't bother me much.

Again, however you simply can't expect people to like everything equally if at all. It's reasonable to expect that people will be apprehensive about new team members.

In the end I'm not getting on anyone's back. I don't like Alpha Bravo and Off Road. If you like them then so be it, but it feels like that if you don't like AB or Off Road then it's some sort of attack which isn't it at all. I know I've been VERY strongly against AB but it was only ever just towards the figure, not towards the fandom. I think the only issue I have with your posts is the idea of what's petty. Again, I don't think it's petty if you don't feel X belongs on the team. I find it a reasonable stance. One member stated that because he watches G1 cartoon with his son, his son is only interested in figures that he recognizes, so he wouldn't want Alpha Bravo so a Slingshot. It wouldn't be a stretch to imagine he doesn't think AB belongs on the team either. Is that petty as well?

Honestly I said too much. I've promised I wouldn't talk about this issue anymore. Takara has given me exactly what I wanted and Hasbro is apparently going to follow suit. I'm just ready to move on.

11. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if it wasn't for Hasbro transformers and your 3rd party figures wouldn't have ever existed. so take your trolling somewhere else.

12. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

if you don't like a great transformer just because it's new that's your problem.

13. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

Maybe Crankcase and Ruckus fell in love and Offroad is the product of it. xp

14. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

Remember the time Hasbro decided to make all the Stunticon cars scout sized and charge leader class prices for them each? Oh wait.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I still don't understand how with posts like these we can still call Transformers collectors "adult" fans.

That's cool, but not everybody is. Plenty of fans here are just as interested in going forward as they are revisting old characters.

16. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I don't have too much nostalgia for Menasor, I just think the stunticons are awesome. I don't mind them switching out one member. I just think Menasor would look better with one truck and all cars. That being said I'm still into Offroad. He looks pretty unique!

Also, I'm really surprised that this isn't brought up more often, but there are very real legal reasons why Hasbro isn't allowed to release versions of certain characters. They give us as much as they can, while also constantly giving us new stuff, and the whole CW line so far has really reeled me back in after a pretty disappointing 2013-4 so I'd say they're doing a great job!

17. Driskull98

Driskull98 Evil is as evil do.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
    [​IMG]

Okay, who left the playpen open?

18. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm not saying there isn't. My statement was in no way trying to exclude that. However I see challenges time to time asking why we should hold onto "dead" G1 and this is why. Some of us collectors only collect to satisfy old childhood nostalgia, and that's why we want stuff like Slingshot and Wildrider rather than AB and OR.

19. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yep this is me :thumb 

20. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Who says it has to be an "either/or" thing? I think what people are trying to say is, why not get AB and Offroad, AS WELL as Slingshot and Dead End, and enjoy the old and new together?

The absolute closed-mindedness, it has to be THIS way and THIS way only mentality is what frustrates people. Especially in cases like this where you actually can have your cake and eat it too.