Heavy/Scratch: Generations BW Razorbeast

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by DJsCustoms, Nov 7, 2016.

1. DJsCustoms

DJsCustoms Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I took a generations Rattrap without any bomb arms and rebuilt it into Razorbeast.
    Based more off the Toy&IDW comic appearence in terms of build and looks...But I actually took weapon design off the Card Art for Razor Beast.
    The original Razorbeast toy mane-gun was meant to be able to split in two, probably scrapped for cost concerns I'm sure.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Some points on the modding done;
    ~ The tusks are made out of baked clay, and I probably went through about four sets before I made any durable enough not break from a short fall.
    ~ The face is actually still Rattrap's head, just sanded into oblivion and then rebuilt using contour putty.
    ~ The feet are the same situation. Sanded into plates and contour putty after to rebuild their top side.
    ~ The boar feet are actually the original Beast Wars Razorbeast's boar feet with contour putty around them to thicken them up for proportion's sake.
    ~ Obviously because of how tight the two silver front leg tabs are, I left them unpainted since it would have scrapped off anyways. The small silver certainly doesn't take away from the legs anyways, so no harm done.
    ~ The beast mode eyes are actually something I'm quite happy with. I used a gloss finish to give them a more natural gleam.
    ~ But of course the best mod on here is the Faux Fur used to create the Warthog's tail&mane. The mane in particular is set to a sheet of velcro(The hooked side) with strips to indicate where it should attach to the figure.
    I went with the figure having the loop side of velcro so it would create a fur-like texture on the chest&gun tops without having a mass of large fur getting in the way everywhere.
    This actually means the mane sits on Razorbeast's back in Robot mode, giving him a barbarian-like cape.

Now about those guns:
    ~ Fit on his back via two pegholes, mimicking the position of the original toy.
    ~ A small tab on one gun allows them to click together to be held as a dual-blaster by either hand, or split apart to be dual-wield like in the Cart Art of the original toy.
    ~ They can also fit into the holes of the beast mode shoulder legs to mimic the back-blaster transformation of the original toy and the IDW comic.
    ~ It is possible for the mane to be attached to the combined guns to mimic the original toy's design...But it looks silly because of the proportions of the mane.
    ~ The shape of the mane allows it to tuck behind the warthog's ears, folding the sides and completely hiding the gun in Beast Mode.

IMG_3302.JPG IMG_3303.JPG IMG_3305.JPG IMG_3306.JPG IMG_3307.JPG IMG_3308.JPG IMG_3310.JPG IMG_3311.JPG IMG_3312.JPG IMG_3319.JPG IMG_3320.JPG IMG_3321.JPG IMG_3325.JPG IMG_3327.JPG IMG_3324.JPG IMG_3323.JPG IMG_3316.JPG IMG_3317.JPG IMG_3313.JPG IMG_3318.JPG IMG_3328.JPG IMG_3329.JPG IMG_3330.JPG IMG_3331.JPG IMG_3333.JPG IMG_3332.JPG IMG_3339.JPG IMG_3340.JPG IMG_3341.JPG IMG_3342.JPG IMG_3334.JPG IMG_3336.JPG IMG_3337.JPG IMG_3338.JPG IMG_3344.JPG

Man...I love this thing. I finally get to say that about something I made myself.
    I'm happy with the rebuilding I did, the paintjob, the clay and faux fur work, and even the varnish worked beautifully. All the stars aligned and the I managed to recreate what was once my first Beast Wars toy as a child, and still my favorite to this day.

So help me god, if this thing actually sells for the outrageous price I put, I am just going to buy another rattrap and make it again from scratch. Maybe I'll go with a lighter more toy-accurate red next time.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Mecannibal V

Mecannibal V Engineeratron

News Credits:
    Wow, that's really good!

3. Olivus Prime

Olivus Prime Space Ranger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This works amazingly well, and you should be proud (and it sounds like you are)! If you like it that much I'd suggest keeping it, because money (however much you'd get for it) is only temporary, a second figure wouldn't have the same connection and it sounds like you have a strong sentimental reason for keeping it.

4. DJsCustoms

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Thanks, I'm really happy with it myself.

Half and half. I do really love this...But it wouldn't honestly take long to do a second time.. I struggled more figuring out what to change rather than actually changing things. Plus, I could always do it a little different the second time. Maybe go for that faded red color the original toy had, try a different way of doing the guns, etc.

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Very excellent. :)  I knew Rattrap can make a great retool for Razorbeast since their original toys were molded and transformed in a very similar manner so it's fitting that the same can be done here with the new Gen Rattrap mold.

6. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ingenius! never would've thought to use rattrap for razorbeast

7. spikebuster

spikebuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :jawdropper: 

8. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Absolutely amazing! Very well done!

9. DJsCustoms

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That was my thought, and I actually thought it might be possible to turn Rattrap into Armadillo as well. But that would require a lot more changes to the mold and a very different transformation.

Thanks. Your signature actually reminds me of something I forgot to mention;
    Razorbeast's eyes are metallic gold flake rather than yellow. The depth of the eyes actually made it hard for any of my yellow paints to shine enough, only gold was enough to stand out.

10. Matthew Secundus

Matthew Secundus Member

Google+:
    This is so awesome!

11. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Pinpoint Doodle User#3

News Credits:
    That looks amazing!

12. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

That works, great idea

13. Error

Error Chopper Face

Holy slag... YESSS!!! :eek: 

14. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome!

15. scrumblebee

scrumblebee decepticon airplane guy

Twitter:
    this is an amazing custom! you should be proud of this, as it works fantastically well, and fits in with other Generations Beast Wars toys.

16. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Sorry, but the pictures are too dark/a little bit blurry for me to see all of the nice details you mentioned. Could you take some pictures again please, possibly on a plain white background, with brighter lights? It might be better to do it with some sunlight?

17. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Wow!

18. BottleOfFuture

BottleOfFuture Weaponizer

Now I want to see a battle damaged BWN Randy (cuz GPS)

19. DJsCustoms

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Took a bit of searching, but I did manage to find my old camera from before I moved. But there's not much better lighting I can do at the moment. If you have any recommendations for a great white-light, I'd really appreciate it. This should be better detailed with better lighting, but it makes the gold eyes look red like the face unlike the phone pictures from the first post. So make of it what you can.

Now that I might do at some point.

Attached Files:

• 000.png
      000.png
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
    • 001.png
      001.png
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      299.7 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      313.2 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      357.6 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      258.1 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      309.7 KB
      Views:
    • 007.png
      007.png
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

What he said. Awesome work!