Generations: Beast Wars - Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Verno, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your Ideal Line

1. Updates for just the Season 1 Show Characters

77 vote(s)
    12.9%
  2. Updates for ALL the Show Characters and Designs from all 3 Seasons

320 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Updates for just the Original figures

15 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. Updates for ALL the figures from Originals through to TM2s

183 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    They can have do Gigastorm from Trypticon or Carcer from the IDW comics who was the Titan for Eukaris the Beast planet.

2. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's my guess. For example, Arcee partsforms. That makes her not very screen-accurate and explains why she's in Earthrise instead of Studio Series.

Maybe to increase playability with Unicron?

Protip: don't expect Hasbro to build an entire trilogy around a single show or theme. Three years is a long time.

Talk of "Fossilizers" and "bone armor," even if just a joke, really put me in the mind of Beast Hunters. And I wonder, if Hasbro is kind of reinventing Beast Wars, and adding in other aspects from past lines, maybe Beast Hunters is going to get merged in. So... Titan-class Beast Hunters Predaking?

Since the 1 was in the W, and the 2 was in the A, it would make the most sense for the 3 to be in the R.

• Like Like x 4
  3. WhatWouldSkyLynxDo

WhatWouldSkyLynxDo Well-Known Member

I’ve wanted a trans-metal Silverbolt for a while. (See Unicron trilogy Snarl, he’s great). It would be kinda cool to see the BW characters re-styled as if they were designed for G1, (but still with beast-modes) to fit in with the third line. I don’t personally need organic bodies for the alt-modes, as much as I’d like both modes to look good.

However, if Hasbro can pull off both modes, and keep the organic elements, then more power to them. The original toys were tons of fun, and I loved all their wonkyness. Bring on the organic alt-modes (if they look decent).

Whichever way they go, I just hope the movie style stays away for a little while. I’d like new toys of the characters I liked from the original show - before they get wildly changed in design and personality - as the movies like to do.

Hasbro can do all that later for the movies - I’d just like the originals to get a little love first.

4. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    I'm curious to see those "flocking" (the fuzzy... thingy paint?) on their body, I don't think it'll looks like MP Optimus, but maybe something like BW Optimus, but smoother? Curious to see about that too on those "Scaly" alt mode like Scorponok.

5. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Nomenclature Nominator

There you go... from IDW's "chimeracons" when Tidal Wave was a whale.

6. Suboptimal Optimus

Suboptimal Optimus Burn it all down

Yes because when I think "Beast Wars" I think an Armada character and the version from a universe where the BW cast were reduced to doomsday villain, there to end the story. Sorry but im still salty about IDW1's ending as it felt like it was saying 'Beast Wars is what destroyed G1'.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Awesome as it would be to have a Tidal Wave that turns into a whale I think Hasbro will more likely go with him being an aircraft carrier transformer first because he's the most well known version of the two. That and it'll prevent Armada fans being angry at having a Beast former Tidal Wave being made first before the Tidal Wave they grew up with gets made.

As for how IDW 1.0 treated BW yeah not happy about that either because stories like Sins of the Wreckers really gave out an awesome take on Tarantulas. Hopefully with IDW confirming that a new BW series will be coming in the future they'll be treated a LOt better.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. JustineBW

JustineBW Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    havent back read from page 90. is scorponok aprt of the "leaked roster" @Apollux

9. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster - Former Leaker

Ebay:
    Part of the roster but haven't seen box art or proto to verify finer details (e.g if bee drone made the cut). So grain of salt as per usual.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Actually, one really big question I have, and I'm not sure you can answer this or not...

Do you have any idea how true to the original designs they are? Are they going for "budget masterpiece", inspired by the original, or totally new character designs? The War for Cybertron has been largely true to the G1 designs so far, with some liberties, are they going to continue that for Beast Wars?

• Like Like x 6
  11. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    So, just so I'm clear on everything that's been rumored so far.

Ahem

Part 3 is Kingdom

Will be about the G1 cast meeting the Beast Wars cast through time travel.

The lineup will be a roughly 50/50 or 45/55 split between G1 and BW characters.

BW Scorponok is in the lineup. Couldn't confirm if he has cyberbee or not.

Not sure if BW Inferno is in the line or not as G1 Inferno from Earthrise Grapple is in it. BW Inferno may be a later wave. But voyager space is limited and split between the two casts.

86 Movie characters split between the G1 cast here and in studio series.

Primal and Cheetor were apparently going to be flocked but this may have been cut for budget reasons.

Primal, Cheetor and Megatron also in the line. Though those were a given.

The new weaponizers are called Fossilizers and are skeletal dinosaurs that form armor for other bots. (I'm totally down for these if true)

No Toy only BW characters that he has seen so far. Only show characters.

I'm really trying to reserve excitement for this for if it's proven real. But this would all make me feel so much better about not being able to afford the MP Beast wars figures.

Fingers crossed

Have I missed anything?

• Like Like x 19
  12. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Looks about right to me.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper Least insane TF fan

News Credits:
    Noice.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Depends if a) they are restricted themselves to season 1 characters only, b) if they plan doing toy only or even new 'original' Beast characters and c) if the 'Fossilizers' count as part of that 50% Beast Wars.... oh and d) if any of this is even vaguely correct lol.

• Like Like x 2
  15. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    Question for the rumors guy.

Will micromasters and Battlemasters continue as they have been so far? Will be get Beast era ones?

16. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster - Former Leaker

Ebay:
    This is really subjective. To my eye it looks like they've primarily gone for show accuracy for the bot modes. The Beast modes look amazing to me but they skew more towards realistic animal modes.

Yep that about sums it up.

Unfortunately no micro/battle masters in part 3. Replaced by new Legends size class called Core class. Mostly G1 characters, Fossilizers and Rattrap.

• Like Like x 12
  17. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    That's disappointing. We only got maybe a quarter of the Micromasters at best. Are the G1 characters mainly from the cartoon? Any minibots?

18. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That’s Interesting if true. Any specific G1 characters you know of that are going to be in that size class?

I know this is a BW thread and Rattrap makes sense being in a size class like that. I’m just curious on what type of G1 character selection we can expect in it.

19. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm great with this.

Like, Generations Rhinox is not screen accurate, but it's a really damn good figure and captures the essence of the character. It sounds like at the very least it'll be as good as that, which I'm hyped for.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    So you just slip Rattrap in there casually. If this ever get's traced back to your friend at Hasbro... well you ain't gonna be friends no more!

I'm really having a lot of trouble buying any of this to be fair.