Generations: Beast Wars - Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Verno, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your Ideal Line

1. Updates for just the Season 1 Show Characters

77 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. Updates for ALL the Show Characters and Designs from all 3 Seasons

319 vote(s)
    53.7%
  3. Updates for just the Original figures

15 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. Updates for ALL the figures from Originals through to TM2s

183 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    The height differences between the figures in Siege, especially the Deluxes, is very interesting to see. It bodes well for BW figures to have some kind of show-inspired scale, even if it's not 100% accurate.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Verno

News Credits:
    The news of a Voyager Apeface is intriguing. I've always had the fear that should the Horrorcons appear alongside BW figures in a line, Primal and Megatron may simply be redecos of them, which would be a real shame.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Verno

News Credits:
    TV show aside, I feel any new S1 Primal and Megatron figures need to be the same size.

They're the respective factional leaders, so need to be a matching pair. I could see Hasbro doing them as Leader-class, but personally, I'd like them to be Voyagers, just in case we do get some (or all) of the genuinely larger bots down the road.

• Like Like x 1
  4. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer deluxe s1 primal, voyaguer s1 megatron, voyaguer season 2 primal, leader s2 megatron, commander optimal and dragon megatron

5. Rubytarn

Rubytarn Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    I think besides Primal, Dinobot, & Depth Charge, I’d really love to see an updated wolffang later being retooled into K-9 & BW2 Max-B

6. Verno

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Siege Ironhide and Sideswipe. Both Deluxe figures, but designed to be considerably different heights.

This is how I see Hasbro tackling the likes of Cheetor and Tigatron, and indeed the wider line itself.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Verno

News Credits:
    How then to bring Beast Wars to the Titan Class?

I've mused on a Magnaboss/Tripredacus two-pack...

I can't see a return to Headmasters in great numbers any time soon, so a potential Titan Class Scorponok will have more to his selection going on that simply his gimmick (and the fact he's the last obvious Titan Class choice left). Could an overall Beast theme carry through?

8. Verno

News Credits:
    How about Magmatron for a Commander-class figure? Three Deluxe-ish figures combining together.

It could correlate nicely with a Titan-class two-pack of Magnaboss and Tripredacus.

9. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I suspect that there will be some kind of fan vote to determine a few figures in the line. Going off of the blueprint that Siege has laid out, the poll would probably be for two deluxe class figures. Hopefully that hypothetical poll would include more obscure Beast Era characters - such as some toy-only characters - instead of just characters who appeared in the animated series.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Verno

News Credits:
    The Seacons released as part of Generations Selects means 6 less G1 figures to go in a potential "beast" themed line in 2021.

As we know, Scorponok's tail sits high on his back in robot-mode:

[​IMG]

His Forged to Fight design, on the other hand, sees the tail on his lower back:

[​IMG]

With Masterpiece pumping out screen accuracy, these are the kinds of liberties a Generations line could take to reinvent the characters.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  11. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Aye. Same with Tarantulas & Blackarachnia. It's an interesting design choice.

12. Verno

News Credits:
    I really hope the designs for all 14 got put down (however roughly) back in 2014 with a relative scale, but somehow I doubt it. It could mean the original 3 Generations figures sit slightly outside of a new scale, or, Hasbro redo them to fit.

Personally, I really like Generations Rattrap, Waspy and Rhinox and don't want to have to replace them.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Completely disagree.

Even when I was a little kid (who probably shouldn’t have even cared lol) I always hated that Optimus was so big while toys of characters like Rhinox and Dinobot were so tiny.

I’m glad the Masterpiece line is doing it right.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Verno

News Credits:
    A kid walks into a toy store. They see a big (Leader or Voyager), ferocious T-Rex called Megatron. The box says that he's the leader of the evil Predacons, fighting a war against the heroic Maximals, led by Optimus Primal. The kid excitedly looks around for the Maximal leader, but is confused to find that Optimus Primal is only a Deluxe.

Factional leaders are pairs, so when it comes to the toys, they have to match.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Nahhh.

I literally just said how I thought differently as a kid. I’m sure there are others.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Verno

News Credits:
    You'd been watching the show and basing your ideal scale on that. A kid walking into a toy store in 2021 has nothing to base anything on.

While new BW figures could take that scale as an influence, I feel Primal and Megatron need to be the same size. A snazzy pair of Voyagers would be quite nice.

17. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    As with Masterpiece, unified scale is also happening with Studio Series and Siege, with most figures being in scale with each other, barring necessary scale tweaks like for Combiners and Headmasters. I'm willing to bet that Hasbro will give us a unified scale with any potential Beast Wars line as well. Possibly 1:12-1:15 would be good for BW characters IMHO.

18. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Optimus Primal
    Rhinox
    Cheetor
    Rattrap
    Silverbolt
    Prowl
    Ironhide
    Depthcharge
    Nightscream
    Botanica
    Dinobot
    Leo Prime

Megatron
    Scorponok
    Terrorsaur
    Tarantulas
    Waspinator
    Blackarachnia
    Ravage
    Tankor
    Thrust
    Obsidian
    Strika
    Skybyte

I'd probably skew S1 but with a more robotic/transmetal looking beast mode. No panel lines. Beyond that I'd be looking at G1/Armada trilogy/animated characters from these. Blackarachnia gets an Arcee or Elita 1 release. Waspinator released as Bumblebee. The ones frequently said to be G1 characters (Prowl, Ironhide, Silverbolt, Ravage) get a bit of G1 robot mode infused in.

And just to mess everybody up, a story like this:

It's 2021. Peace has come to Cybertron following the great reformatting into beast forms. Optimus Prime -- Now reformatted as Leo Pax -- is having the Matrix sent away by a cargo ship, the Axalon, to prevent it from ever being used again. The cargo ship is attacked by a terrorist group whose leader has taken Megatron's name. It crashes. The captain is exposed to the Matrix in the crash, becoming Optimus Primal. The two groups are cut off from the outside world by a mysterious energy force which blocks space travel and communication. The Predacons plan to use the energy source to reignite the war and the Maximals can't allow that. They are quickly joined by Bumblebee, Prowl, etc.

At the end of the story arc, everyone resumes vehicle modes again except the two crews and Optimus Prime reclaims the Matrix.

So you do Beast Wars but you treat it more like a Season 4 Sunbow G1 where it more or less picks up directly from the end of G1 and cycles back around to Optimus vs. Megatron on present day earth. Probably controversial but Hasbro's going to want to move onto the next thing which will probably be some mix of G1/Animated/Bayverse/Armada nostalgia.

19. Rubytarn

Rubytarn Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Do you think that when hasbro does the generations beast wars line that they could introduce Japanese characters like big convoy & lio convoy

• Like Like x 2
  20. Verno

News Credits:
    Given we've had Overlord recently, plus Hasbro themselves threw Dearhsaurus into the mix, so I'd say the Japanese BW leaders are in with a good chance.

• Like Like x 1