Generations: Beast Wars - Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Verno, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your Ideal Line

1. Updates for just the Season 1 Show Characters

52 vote(s)
    14.9%
  2. Updates for ALL the Show Characters and Designs from all 3 Seasons

188 vote(s)
    53.7%
  3. Updates for just the Original figures

13 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Updates for ALL the figures from Originals through to TM2s

97 vote(s)
    27.7%
  1. The Fallen

The Fallen It's a kind of magic!

I think both could happen. We have G1 reissues at Walmart and we also have Siege + Earthrise that draw heavy inspiration from the originals as well. Realistically speaking, if it came down to reissues or new molds, I would prefer new stuff, definitely.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster

Ebay:
    Yeah there's a few of both coming down the line I'd say.

So if you're looking for an Ultra Optimus Primal or Megatron I'd wait til next year.

Wonder if there's a chance of a DVD boxset re-release. Or at least Netflix/streaming (globally not just US!)

3. Verno

Verno Temp Banned

News Credits:
    Bring on the vintage packaging!

• Like Like x 6
  4. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh man, just had a vision of red scales and yellow eyes taking up retail space again! I’d have to buy one of everything off that wall :D 

• Like Like x 4
  5. Verno

Verno Temp Banned

News Credits:
    It won't be a wall for long. They'll fly off the shelves!

• Like Like x 6
  6. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep! Imagine boxes like seige, red and scaly, on the box frame, then the entire backing filled with the yellow eye behind the blister.

Although... I wouldn’t mind some jungle backdrops to fill out my beasties shelves :) 

Maybe we will get rocky bubbles?!

• Like Like x 4
  7. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Leader of the Scarlet empire

MEME2020-05-26-07-01-12.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  8. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I'd love to see some jungle-themed packaging for BW guys

• Like Like x 1
  9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Yeah there's no reason why only one should be made. Hasbro's shown it's possible to give us both G1 reissues and G1 updates going at the same time so why not do the same for BW or really any other TF line?

10. Verno

Verno Temp Banned

News Credits:
    According to the TFWiki, on May 17 2019, the Transformers Facebook page held a poll to determine a 2020 release in the Vintage G1 line.

Maybe we might get to vote on a BW reissue release at some point. Maybe a similar vote has been delayed due to the plague.

And on the topic of fan polls, the Earthrise poll took place in June 2019. If they want to keep a similar timeline for WFC3, we could see that popping up soon. I'm feeling good about a BW candidate or two in there.

• Like Like x 3
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Formerly SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    I doubt it. The poll was for the next figure in an existing line of G1 reissues. There's no line of BW reissues at retail now to choose the next release for.

I don't think they'll do a poll around that time. There's been no consistency with the WFC polls. The two-pack poll for Siege happened in February 2018. (I think, TFWiki only lists the date the results were revealed) The 2020 poll could happen at literally any time this year.

12. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    maybe some online reissues of the transmetals, if they are not going to reléase them on the coming line it would be nice if they reissue the transmetals with updated headsculpts, they are very nice figures, maybe without the Chrome, the only thing they really need is ankle tilts.
    maybe do some 3 packs example

maximal one
    cheetor, rattrap and primal
    predacon one
    megatron, tarantulas, ravage

rivals
    depthcharge vs rampage

• Like Like x 1
  13. Verno

Verno Temp Banned

News Credits:
    Thus far it's G1 only. But as the interview snippet from John and Ben suggests, Hasbro are open to the idea of reissuing figures from other lines. The so-called 'Vintage G1' line could become an overall Vintage line. Reissues, on the whole, aren't a new thing. TT started a series of them in 2002. Beast Wars got a nice set in 2006. That in itself could be considered precedent for Beast Wars getting reissues to mark anniversaries.

Yes, dates have fluctuated in every kind of poll they've done -- the options up for voting have seemingly decreased each time, too. Remember when we got to pick the next Titan or invent a new character? Now it's 'Pick a Deluxe'.

14. Verno

Verno Temp Banned

News Credits:

Jump to the 45:30 mark!

Chris Ryall: I don't know if there's other Transformers plans we want to discuss here or not. You know, the ongoing series is doing it's thing, but maybe, uh. Beast Wars has an anniversary coming up if I'm not mistaken.​

John Barber: It does, yes. And that is something we want to maybe sort of talk about. I don't think we've talked about this anywhere. There'll be a new Beast Wars series coming very soon. I know more details about it. I know a little bit more about it than that. But we're not ready to tell anything. But yeah, it's going to be the anniversary of Beast Wars. I think that's a... It's such a huge thing worldwide. Beast-Mode. Everyone knows what that means. Yeah, it'll be exciting to come back into that world. You know, over the years, we've had a lot of the characters show up. I, personally, have given short-shrift to a lot of those Beast Wars characters in stories I've written. Sorry. This won't be that. This will be genuine Beast Wars that I think a lot of people grew up with, and a lot of people love.​

Chris Ryall: I mean that's kinda the cool thing about Transformers as a whole, you know. There's the Beast Wars fans that are rabid for more Beast Wars, and the UK fans that grew up loving that, and the fans of the main book that we've been doing, and all the other iterations. And so, it's great that there's not only audiences for all of this kind of content, but also that there's the passion from the fans that want to keep seeing more of all of it. So...​

John Barber: Yeah, I mean a lot of our Transformers creators, for years, Beast Wars has been stuff that people grew up with. That was what introduced them to this world.​

Just as a sneaky aside, I'd been in contact with Chris about pitching them DEICIDE, but he informed me that IDW already had plans underway for a Beast Wars series. I've had to keep that little tidbit under my hat for a couple of months.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I still can't believe we're actually getting a new BW series in comic form as in the actual ones we grew up with. :D 

• Like Like x 4
  16. Verno

Verno Temp Banned

News Credits:
    And why do Transformers comic books exist? To Sell Toys.

• Like Like x 5
  17. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Maxicon

Hell YES my beastly brethren!

• Like Like x 4
  18. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's cool. I'm thinking about what influence the G1 IDW series have had on the toyline, and imagining that a Beast Wars series could have the same influence. Not just old ideas given new toys, but actual new ideas.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Verno

Verno Temp Banned

News Credits:
    Transformers is a brand with multiple facets or spheres, each with its own smaller elements therein:
    • TV Shows
      • Cyberverse
      • War For Cybertron
    • Movies
    • Comic Books
      • Ongoing
      • Other
    • Toy Lines
      • Cyberverse
      • Generations
      • Masterpiece
      • Studio Series
      • Reissues
    The news from IDW today is just another example of Beast Wars permeating into another of these spheres in a big way of late, creating this sense of something building that hasn't quite taken it's final form or been fully revealed yet.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Imagine your favorite Beast Wars character.

Now imagine that in a year or two, your favorite Beast Wars character... may be a character who doesn't yet exist.

I get kind of tingly at the thought.

• Like Like x 3