Generations: Beast Wars - Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Verno, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your Ideal Line

1. Updates for just the Season 1 Show Characters

77 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. Updates for ALL the Show Characters and Designs from all 3 Seasons

319 vote(s)
    53.7%
  3. Updates for just the Original figures

15 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. Updates for ALL the figures from Originals through to TM2s

183 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    guys do you think we could see bigger leader class toys if beast wars happen in part 3 for example a retool of the potp optimal Optimus without the evolution gimmick and the 4 mode ??, been honest i would preffer a commander since it would give them more Budget to improve thing for example a changing face gimmick, screaming, serious, neck articulation maybe and ab Crunch and retractable cannons , the potp one is fun but i think it was too limited due to the gimmick

2. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    I don't think it will happen in WFC3, but I can certainly see them giving Optimal Optimus another go at some point.

Generations is (or should be) about making a better version of the original. POTP Optimal Optimus doesn't measure up. Hampered by a silly gimmick and limited by the size, he was always going to be an inferior toy to the original Transmetals version.

They could always retool the original if they were so inclined:
    • Get rid of the lights gimmick, which in turn gets rid of the large battery pack
    • Make the chest cannons retractable, which in turn gets rid of the spring-loaded missiles feature which current toys don't seem to have anyway
    • Throw the gun away
    • Get rid of the spring-loaded forearm gimmick and make the blast shields poseable and able to be held by the figure
    • Ratchet joints absolutely everywhere
    Then you've got your ultimate Optimal Optimus, released as a Commander class figure, of course.

As for the Leader class, I'm sure we'll see Depth Charge and Rampage in there one day.

3. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hopefully depthcharge and rampage would happen, also tiguerhawk if i don ask too much ahhaah

• Like Like x 1
  4. Verno

News Credits:
    Keep asking. Never stop asking.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Verno

News Credits:
    @Ikkstakk So I've had some time this arvo to watch a review of the T30 Megatron figure, and what a fun little figure he looks to be.

His wing/weapon pieces are a great bit of design work. Not only how they integrate into his alt-mode, but also how they combine to become the weapon (and thus take kibble away from the bot-mode).

Applying this to Terrorsaur, could similar pieces be used to create his large blaster from Power Surge? Or take inspiration from his Transmetals figure and turn them into hand-held blades? Could be fun.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Verno

News Credits:
    If we were to get a Generations Terrorsaur, I don't think I'm exceeding the bounds of possibility by suggesting we'd get a Selects Lazorbeak redeco. But what are your thoughts on Selects releases? Should bots like Lazorbeak and Buzz Saw show up in Selects, will you buy them?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Was watching an old music video of Beast Machines.

Still think War for Cybertron part 3 will focus on Beast Wars characters. Maybe in their Cybertronian forms. Then a new Trilogy will start focusing on Beast Wars.

• Like Like x 3
  8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I would if only to have some more BW characters on my shelf.

9. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Depends. Will these new molds still be show accurate with the addition of the mutant head feature?

10. Verno

News Credits:
    For the sake of this example, let's say 'no', as Lazorbeak didn't have an alternate head.

11. MrSoundmeister

Yes, that is true. I guess i would be referring more to the original Beast Wars deluxes, considering that the Basics don't have the mutant head feature.

12. Verno

News Credits:
    Let's use Buzz Saw then. You'd like him to get a head based on the Mutant Mask if he were to get a Selects release, rather than just the Waspinator head?

13. MrSoundmeister

I mean, there's that. But i guess if they go that way, they would just go with Waspinator first unless they do make Buzz Saw the original mold and then save Waspinator for a later wave or something.

14. Verno

News Credits:
    Yeah, it might boil down to if Hasbro considers Waspinator as 'done' already with the 2014 figure. In that case, we'd get a redeco of Waspy as Buzz Saw as a Selects release, either with the original head or a new head.

15. Verno

News Credits:
    Just as an aside, I wanted to say thanks to all of your for continually checking in and making this thread the fun it is. 50 pages and counting, 1000+ comments and closing in on 25,000 views, it's been great fun thus far and I'm very much looking forward to the next 50. I get the distinct impression they're going to go a lot quicker than the first.

I've been speculating on the future of Beast Wars since 2013 and will happily admit I've been wrong every year. But I can't shake the feeling that 2021 might actually, finally, be our year. So thanks for sticking with me.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

There do feel like some good reasons to think so. It really does seem like Beast Wars is beginning to get a bit more attention. More third parties are making the attempt, they are working on a movie, the anniversary has been mentioned a bunch, cheetor being leaked. Definitely feels like building to SOMETHING.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster - Former Leaker

Ebay:
    Agreed, 2021 should be a good year for Beasts. Only a few more months to go for confirmation.

18. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I really hope that next year ends up being a big one for us BW fans and not a repeat of 2016 where we got nothing other then a repaint of a mold that wasn't even from BW.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    What happened in 2016? are you talking about Tri-predicus

20. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    No I'm mostly talking about how Hasbro didn't even make a single acknowledgement of how BW did a major role in keeping the brand alive to begin with in 2016 for it's 20th anniversary. We didn't even get reissues of the best BW molds for Platinum either whereas the 86 TF movie got plenty of attention. It was like to Hasbro BW didn't exist. The fact that RID01 didn't have it's respective anniversary celebrated too didn't help.

• Like Like x 2