Generations: Beast Wars - Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Verno, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your Ideal Line

1. Updates for just the Season 1 Show Characters

79 vote(s)
    13.1%
  2. Updates for ALL the Show Characters and Designs from all 3 Seasons

324 vote(s)
    53.7%
  3. Updates for just the Original figures

16 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Updates for ALL the figures from Originals through to TM2s

184 vote(s)
    30.5%
  1. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Here we go...

Line: Beast Wars
    Theme: Beasts
    Gimmick: Beast Targetmasters

[​IMG]

This is the last one I do of these. I promise.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually I think some of the nonshow figures were awesome too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    I voted for "Updates for ALL the figures from Originals through to TM2s" because it most closely resembles what I'd love to see...updates to a lot of the Transmetal era guys! Megatron needs this the most (for obvious reasons)...As for TM2 guys specifically, there are very few that matched the first wave of Transmetals, IMO but a new Tigerhawk, a slightly less goofy Prowl (Owl), and another attempt at Scourge (locust) would be very welcome IMO.

I totally agree. Because of the format of the show and the cost of CGI models (especially at the time) it makes perfect sense that they could only do a handful of designs....but there were a lot of gorgeous figures that didn't get treatment on the show. One of my all time favorite TFs is Basic Class Razorclaw. :cool: 

If this was a product listing, I'd absolutely sh-- myself. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  4. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm fine with my T30 Rattrap. If they make a new one or Transmetal him or something will I get it? Depends how good it is. I'm also good with my original Beast Wars Tigatron, but I certainly wouldn't say no to an update. I would t even mind in a new line if he remains a redeco of Cheetor, so long as they retool his head sculpt to set their appearances apart.

Also, a brand new Blackarachnia in such a line would be fantastic, one that represents her original form and looks more feminine than the old Tarantulus redeco. And from that I would hope for just one thing, despite not being a Beast Wars character: a new IDW-style Airachnid redecoed from Blackarachnia with a sleek spider alt-mode.

Anything else for me would just be prime. Actually, judging from which direction the comics are headed and looking at the various Transformers toy lines, it seems very possible that this is the next step. Generations and Combiner Wars were very much a tribute to original G1, both toys and media. Titans Return jumped ahead to the Headmasters and Masterforce. PotP pays tribute to the Victory era. Naturally that leads me to expect whatever comes next might revive some aspect of Beast Wars.

5. siegfried07

siegfried07 Well-Known Member

beast wars reborn.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I voted all figures, I need a new version of that awesome mantis transformer I had back then.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

7. Verno

News Credits:
    I enjoy a spot of speculation; it's why I started this thread. How about:

Hasbro are releasing the G1-centric Transformers: Cyberverse to keep G1 fans occupied while the Generations line does something a little different...

8. Verno

News Credits:
    Well, so much for that idea. Looks like we'll be waiting quite a while longer to see a Beast Wars Generations line. Let's pencil it in for 2021 - the 25th Anniversary. See you then.

9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    You know with War For Cybertron implying that it'll feature characters with Cybertronian alt modes perhaps any of the last two lines in the trilogy will feature beast formers.

10. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt this is what happens, but a War on Cybertron could be, for example, an invasion by Eukaris. Beasts vs Machines.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Verno

News Credits:
    Given the names in the new vote, it won't be Eukaris doing the invading anytime soon.

12. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I speculated the same thing earlier. Shame, that could have been an awesome year (if the Cyberverse toys were different.)

13. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    Will you join the Beast Wars Forever movement? The goal of this movement is to let Hasbro know that we want more Beast Wars centric stories, toys, cartoons, etc. Use #Beastwars on all of Hasbro's social media pages, IG, FB, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube etc. Together we can make this happen, I know it sounds crazy but sometimes crazy works. BeastWarsLogo-1-1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Attached Files:

15. Verno

News Credits:
    You missed the joke.

16. Verno

News Credits:
    The revelation that POTP Battletrap was sold as two separate Legends-sized figures got me thinking...

Of the 7 G1 Insecticons, 4 have been given Generations updates, all of which are Legends-sized figures. The 3 left to do are Barrage, Ransack and Venom.

Barrage and Ransack could easily be done with redecos/retools of CW Bombshell and TR Kickback respectively. That leaves Venom, the cicada.

I'm always optimistic that Hasbro will give us some new Beast Wars updates in the future. But what are the chances that they'd make two different cicada figures within a few years of each other? Knowing Hasbro, I'd say chances are slim. It may be that we could see either a Legends-sized Cicadacon that doesn't combine... or a Legends-sized Venom that does!

Throw in a new Legends-sized Ram Horn (and do a Barrage redeco from that instead) plus a Deluxe Sea Clamp, and suddenly Tripredacus is done along with all the Insecticons.

You could then do something similar with Magnaboss. A Deluxe Ironhide combines with Legends-size Prowl and Silverbolt.

All the component figures are sold separately, like Battletrap, so you need to hunt them down to complete the set.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Verno

News Credits:
    So there's a bit of disappointment and frustration swirling about at the moment with the tease of what WFC: Siege has in store and what looks to be a return to the roots of G1. The possibility of Generations working its way through the G1 lines and maybe, eventually, getting to something outside of the 80's feels a little further away today.

As always, I try to find a silver lining or a positive aspect going forward. I won't lie, it's a little tough, but I think there is a chance and it revolves around the story direction. IDW is wrapping up its universe and the POTP web series wrapped up the Prime Wars story. On both the toy and fiction sides of the franchise, it looks like we're in for a brand new beginning.

A siege is described as a military operation in which enemy forces surround a town or building, cutting off essential supplies, with the aim of compelling those inside to surrender. That sure sounds like the lowest ebb of a war, similar to the first episode of the G1 cartoon, and as history likes to repeat itself across the Transformers multiverse, what else happened in the first episode? The Autobots and Decepticons crash on Earth and go into stasis. I could see this first line of the WFC trilogy covering this period.

If you wanted to slip in a line made up of beasts, it would then be the perfect time as it hearkens back to the Beast Wars taking pace during the G1 bots being in stasis. Rather than G1 and BW occupying different (albeit complimentary) universes, they are then inexorably linked as one.

I've got some ideas on how the story could go, but I won't go into that level of detail at this stage. I'm just putting forward the idea that we could actually see a Beast Wars or beast-driven line in the War For Cybertron trilogy. There is still a wealth of G1 beasts that haven't been given the Generations treatment that could work nicely alongside Beast Wars characters.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  19. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...i suspect it may be a few years before we come back to earth, but i've always advocated G1 and beast wars offering contemporaneous characters sharing the same story: you don't have to squint too hard to interpret the insecticons hearkening from transmetal stasis pods, and G1 lore has been rife with beastial cybertronian forms through all its incarnations...organics might be a tough fit, but standard-sized cybertronian animals are no problem...

...so i see no reason hasbro couldn't roll beast wars characters into a cybertronian setting alongside the monsterbots, horrorcons, and the like, and furthermore i see every indication hasbro's annual churn through their generations product history will continue with the '89 catalog next year: that puts beasts as the highlighted gimmick no more than three years out, depending upon how heavily hasbro delves into the G1.5/G2 product eras...

20. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Haven’t read the thread, but here’ my thoughts:

In one of these CHUG trilogies call it The Beast Wars.
    The 1st entry would introduce maximals and predictions. The 2nd and 3rd entries would bring the Transmetals.