Generations: Beast Wars - Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Verno, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your Ideal Line

1. Updates for just the Season 1 Show Characters

79 vote(s)
    13.1%
  2. Updates for ALL the Show Characters and Designs from all 3 Seasons

324 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Updates for just the Original figures

16 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Updates for ALL the figures from Originals through to TM2s

183 vote(s)
    30.4%
  1. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

22-23cm is around how big my most modern leader classes are. 1 deluxe as the lower half and 2 legends as a torso would make that but I think 2 deluxes and one legend might work out looking better.
    These are Unicron9 customs. I'd really like to see these head sculpts on them.
    DSC01035.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    That small, hey? I might have to change my vote to separate figures instead of a boxset :p 

3. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

Yeah, that's just the top of the heads. Wings and backpacks make em a few cm higher off the ground, but we could expect PotP Optimal to be slightly smaller than his original toy. Funny I always thought Cicadacon was the frailer looking guy on the left watching the series, turns out it was Sea Clamp all along?

4. Verno

News Credits:
    Retools and Redecos:

I've heard the idea thrown around of Generations Rattrap being retooled into Razorbeast. I'd be delighted with that. I know the original transformation schemes weren't the same, but Rattrap could also be tweaked for Snarl, perhaps painted black this time, to better represent an actual Tasmanian Devil.

Buzz Saw from Waspinator is obvious. But I was thinking the mold could be adapted for Transquito and Jetstorm, too. Transquito's transformation is similar, but it would be quite a change for Jetstorm, with the insect head ending up on the chest.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    As much as I would prefer many of the show characters- almost exclusively season 1 -to be updated, I would by no means say no to more than a few of the non-show characters getting remade.

But as I just recently reorganized my whole BW shelf and have been tracking down more original figures I never had, I've had an epiphany. You know what I'd want most? An entirely NEW line with new beasts as new characters. Animals we haven't seen before or old ones done differently. An elephant that isn't a combiner, a snake that's not a cobra hiding robot kibble in it's... flappy thing, etc. New crazy ideas and gimmicks. I want so desperately to add to my original collection, not duplicate it. Maybe more modern creatures, more obscure dinos and more birds and reptiles. We never got an actual Iguana TF, for example. I want my BW shelf to be as colourful and wild as the animal kingdom itself. Imagine all these crazy, awesome, and unique creatures and characters lined up on a shelf. It'd be so cool.

I'd buy it at least, as long as they could somehow replicate the jaw on the chest detail. Dunno why, but that always looked so cool to me. Something about an animal jaw on display on the body, like a barbarian wearing a trophy, just screams "do not fuck with."

• Like Like x 3
  6. Verno

News Credits:
    Snarl is a rare breed. I think it's only he, Rhinox and Torca with that particular design feature.

7. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Whatever gets me an updated Polar Claw and Rampage.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'd be totally for a BW generations line... But not by making all the beast modes mechanical. That'd be just random robots cosplaying as BW characters. I like TMs and TM2s, but I also like the original beast modes.

Is also love me some BM toys. And a new version of that mantis BW predacon, I loved that toy as a kid.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

9. Verno

News Credits:
    Paint Polar Claw brown, throw in a mask and blaster accessory and the G1 fans get Chainclaw. Follow a similar pattern with Razorbeast, K-9 and Tigatron and the Pretender Beasts are done.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Wrong. Because they would not have an inner robot. So they would not be Pretenders.

11. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Hear hear! I often find myself lamenting the fact that the brand seems to have stopped evolving. Every line is a retread of previous ones with very few original ideas or characters. The Generations line is almost completely fuelled by nostalgia for old characters, gimmicks and concepts, and it's the defining feature of Masterpiece...so why not do something different with whatever is next in or after the Aligned continuity? I don't know about you lot but I grew tired of, and stopped, buying a new slightly different Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, Starscream, Grimlock etc etc every year a long time ago. Give us something new! NEW characters, NEW concepts, NEW factions, NEW stories and make them good! For me it would breathe new life into a stagnating brand. Indeed it's the only thing they could do to convince me to start seriously collecting a domestic Hasbro line again.

A new Beast line as you describe (among many others things) would totally fit the bill for me. Screw retreading Beast Wars with updated versions of the season 1-3 characters give us new designs, beasts, characters and so on to get excited about. Sure you could pepper the line with familiar faces in new bodies that called back to Beast Wars but let's have it move the the story forward (or backwards, sideways whatever) rather than another repeat for the nostalgia fans. Sadly this is unlikely to happen.. not until this (seemingly bottomless) nostalgia well they've been draining for the past god knows how many years runs dry.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be opposed at all of seeing a line filled with mythical creatures myself. There's a lot of them that haven't been touched yet since we've only seen dragons mostly along with the occasional Unicorns,Cerebus and Trolls.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Verno

News Credits:
    Because the POTP Prime Masters do a great job with the inner robots for Skullgrin, Submarauder and Cloudburst? Where are their alt-modes?

The reason I put the idea forward is that I can't see Hasbro producing two different boar figures. It's more likely that one gets produced (Razorbeast, in my mind) and is redecoed into the other.

14. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I know, I know. I doubt Hasbro will ever give the Pretenders more attention than a convenient repaint.
    Just saying I wouldn't call that fitting updates to the characters.

15. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    i think the most likely bots to get updates next would be tigertron and airazor only because they have been in the comics alot latly, besides them two for a generations line character terrorsaur as a deluxe makes sense

16. Verno

News Credits:
    It's certainly not fitting, but if the Prime Wars has taught us anything, it's that compromises will be made.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Verno

News Credits:
    Now I've been happy lately
    Thinking about the good things to come
    And I believe it could mean
    Something good has begun

Oh, I've been smiling lately
    Dreaming about a world of fun
    And I believe it could mean
    Someday it's going to come

'Cause out on the edge of darkness
    All that's old is new again
    Shut up and take my money
    Come take me home again

The hype is getting louder
    Climb on the Beast Train *clap clap clap*
    Oo-ah Ee-ah Oo-ah
    Come on now, Beast Train

Yes, Beast Train comin' for ya
    Everyone jump upon the Beast Train *clap clap clap*
    Oo-ah Ee-ah Oo-ah
    Come on now, Beast Train

• Like Like x 1
  18. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    All of the core season 1 characters and a handful of the rest.

As for the name... Fury Of The Beasts? Or just Beast Fury?

19. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I
    see
    your
    smartphones keyboard has been
    acting
    up too
    :p 

20. Verno