Generations: Beast Wars - Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Verno, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your Ideal Line

1. Updates for just the Season 1 Show Characters

73 vote(s)
    15.1%
  2. Updates for ALL the Show Characters and Designs from all 3 Seasons

258 vote(s)
    53.4%
  3. Updates for just the Original figures

13 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Updates for ALL the figures from Originals through to TM2s

139 vote(s)
    28.8%
  1. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

That sounds right to me.

I'm all down for what @Verno Is laying out, but I don't think Studio series is the right line for it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Smokie

Smokie Lil Ice NL

News Credits:
    Do you ever know when to stop?

• Like Like x 1
  3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well if you want to get technical the Transmetal episodes WERE featured in Japanese theaters as compilations of various episodes linked to a story arc so I guess in a way having the Transmetals in Studio Series would count.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    not how that works

• Like Like x 1
  5. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Easy, y'all. It ain't worth hatin' on Verno over some toys. It was a fun, silly idea and nothing more.
    How would you like it if someone came up to you in person/irl and just slapped tape over your mouth and said "Nope, just shut up" and the crowd cheered? Not very good, I'd imagine.
    Don't do that to him, it's not worth it. When you demean another, you demean yourself.

• Like Like x 13
  6. Dinotrap

Dinotrap BEAST WARS FOREVER!

News Credits:
    This ^

I love beast ideas

• Like Like x 2
  7. Beastchanger

Beastchanger Well-Known Member

You can count me in.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    The Studio Series line has already gone through one change/expansion. I see no reason to rule out further changes/expansions, and a technicality like the Transmetals designs not originating from a Movie isn't going to stop Hasbro doing as they please.

The equation is quite simple: Make shit toys, get shat on.

The solution is just as simple.

Four years into the thread and Beast Wars is only just getting started in the Generations line, and indeed restarted in the Transformers brand as a whole.

We've only just begun.

• Like Like x 5
  9. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I know Studio Series is a movie-only line, but... but I want them ;_;

xftyj nsrft h.gif

• Like Like x 1
  10. Verno

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

The Transmetals are very interesting, and it will be interesting to see how Hasbro approaches them.

Kingdom decided to make the organic beast-modes of the Season 1 bots realistic. There's rumour of a TM2 Megs, and given the nature of his beast-mode (and indeed the rest of the TM2 designs with their organic elements), I would envision the realistic beast-modes to continue. This would also carry on to Fuzors.

But Transmetald don't have organic beast-modes, thus they don't need to be realistic. They can, much like a G1 figure in WFC and SS, be screen accurate in both all modes.

• Like Like x 4
  11. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    only issue is the studio series has still stuck to only bots that appear in movies, love the idea but its a ton more likely to be in the selects or main line

12. wreckgar39

wreckgar39 I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way.

News Credits:
    I mean, if you really want to get technical we can mention the few episodes released in Japanese theaters above but I believe Studio Series is meant to be tied to either theatrical releases, or characters who came about because of theatrical releases. As far as I'm aware, Beast Wars will not have had a theatrical debut until Revenge of the Ballin' hits. As a non bw fan, some of the Transmetals are sick. Chances are we will see more than TMII Megatron. But they definitely would be in main Legacy not Studio Series. Bring on Studio Series TFP based on the 5 part opening, or Predacons Rising, both not happening, and maybe we got a shot.

13. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Speaking of TM2 Megatron with how with us getting more beasts in the future most of which are likely more Transmetals I can't help but wonder if that means we'll be seeing a new Optimal Optimus that's more accurate to the original design then the POTP figure to go along with TM2 Megatron. Cause I can't imagine Hasbro passing up on the chance to do that to make the people who aren't happy with how POTP Optimal Optimus turned out happy as well as make an Optimal Optimus that fits the theme that Kingdom brought to the Beast era characters gave. Especially if it comes with an optional Beast Machines Megatron head to reenact the finale of BM as well as a Primal Prime repaint.

14. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Maxicon

Yeah, Primal was popular enough to get a Nemesis deco all his own that nobody asked for but seems to be doing well.

I would love a new Apelinq and Primal Prime.

On OpOp, Leader OR Commander class, the budget should allow for 2 faces and they could be original/Megs to serve 2 series at once... or mouth-plate and no mouthplate specifically for Primal Prime plans, since OpOp never had a plate in the show.

Commander with a conversion even simpler than Jetfire (opinion) means more accessories so arm-shields AND the drone from BM could be there, too.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Commander Class would be the only way they give Optimal Optimus justice and I assume Hasbro/Takara think the same considering how lacking the POTP figure was.

16. Verno

News Credits:
    No argument -- the current purview of the Studio Series line is characters featured in Transformers movies.

I'm simply speculating that in two years time, it's scope may expand, as the line has already expanded once.

Bring on a Commander class Op Op.

17. Verno

News Credits:
    T30: 2 Maximals, 1 Predacon
    Kingdom: 7 Maximals, 4 Predacons
    Legacy/Evolution: 0 Maximals, 3 Predacons (thus far)

Goodies have outnumbered Baddies in the past. With the head-start the Baddies have in 2022, it will be interesting to see if that pattern continues or not.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Verno

News Credits:
    The Real Thrilling Thirty:
    1. Original Optimus Primal
    2. Original Cheetor
    3. Original Rattrap
    4. Original Dinobot
    5. Original Rhinox
    6. Original Airazor
    7. Original Tigatron
    8. Original Megatron
    9. Original Scorponok
    10. Original Tarantulas (Listed - Legacy - 2022)
    11. Original Waspinator
    12. Original Terrorsaur (Listed - GDC - 2021)
    13. Original Blackarachnia
    14. Original Inferno (Listed - Legacy - 2022)
    15. Fuzor Silverbolt
    16. Fuzor Quickstrike
    17. Transmetal Optimus Primal
    18. Transmetal Cheetor
    19. Transmetal Rattrap
    20. Transmetal Depth Charge
    21. Transmetal Optimal Optimus
    22. Transmetal Megatron
    23. Transmetal Tarantulas
    24. Transmetal Ravage
    25. Transmetal Rampage
    26. Transmetal 2 Cheetor
    27. Transmetal 2 Blackarachnia
    28. Transmetal 2 Tigerhawk
    29. Transmetal 2 Megatron (Listed - Legacy - 2022)
    30. Transmetal 2 Dinobot
    So 2021 has given us 11 from the list thus far, and we're likely to finish with 12 with GDC Terrorsaur (hopefully revealed momentarily at FFF). That leaves 18 still on the list.

The recent swathe of listings has given us Original Tarantulas, Original Inferno and TM2 Megatron in what will be the first part of the next trilogy. If we can average just 6 figures a year, we'll have the 30 done come the end of said trilogy.

6 figures a year, compared to the 12 this year, seems incredibly doable on the surface.

Digging a little deeper whilst speculating on figure sizes, we might expect to see something like this:

Deluxe:
    Original Tarantulas
    Fuzor Quickstrike
    Transmetal Cheetor
    Transmetal Rattrap
    Transmetal Tarantulas
    Transmetal Ravage
    Transmetal 2 Cheetor
    Transmetal Blackarachnia

Voyager:
    Original Inferno
    Fuzor Silverbolt
    Transmetal Optimus Primal
    Transmetal 2 Dinobot

Leader:
    Transmetal Depth Charge
    Transmetal Megatron
    Transmetal Rampage
    Transmetal 2 Tigerhawk
    Transmetal 2 Megatron

Commander:
    Transmetal Optimal Optimus

The Deluxes and Voyagers are a walk in the park, as there's plenty of room for them across three 4-wave lines.

It would be nice for Beast Wars to snag a Commander at some stage, so again, over the course of a trilogy, that should be fine.

The Leaders are a tight fit however. Sure, there's 10-12 of them across a trilogy, but it's prized real estate, and G1, UT and Prime etc will be vying for them as well, when we're needing to average basically two a year.

It will be interesting to watch things unfold.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    It would indeed be interesting but not a given that their new take would be better in anyway.

We have a number of clear “why did you bother?” remade figures in recent years. PotP Optimal Optimus, Siege Galaxy Prime are two clear examples of remade figures that are fine figures in their own right but better in almost no objective way than the original versions and obviously present a poor value when stood side by side with what we were able to buy a generation ago.

I hope I’m wrong on this but I worry that Transmetals will continue to fall into this category since their main gimmick is beyond the realm of possibilities…and the original toys were so well executed.

For one major thing, Hasbro can’t/won’t even fit vac metal, a dominating wonderful feature of the line, into the budget for these remade toys.

Also, the larger figures will continue to be scaled-down, the materials used in their construction will continue to be overly brittle, thin and light.

Don’t get me wrong, I ADORE all of the Kingdom BW figures and in many cases, they are not “why bother?” releases but my nearly complete run of the original BW line is an arm’s length away it’s impossible not to sorrowfully compare them to the originals in terms of quality and features.

20. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd argue that POTP Optimal Optimus has better proportions than the original and the lack of vac metal is a plus since many of the old transmetals suffer from the vac metal cracking and peeling.

• Like Like x 2