Generations: Beast Wars - Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Verno, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your Ideal Line

1. Updates for just the Season 1 Show Characters

23 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. Updates for ALL the Show Characters and Designs from all 3 Seasons

78 vote(s)
    51.7%
  3. Updates for just the Original figures

3 vote(s)
    2.0%
  4. Updates for ALL the figures from Originals through to TM2s

47 vote(s)
    31.1%
  1. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    Primal Prime had nothing to do with Fun Pub or 3H, he was a Hasbro released toy back in the day

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Awesome as that would be it'd have to depend if Hasbro's willing to take the chance of bringing over characters that only a handful of fans know here in the states or not. Sure we have guys like Overlord but in Overlord's case him having history in both the Euro market and in IDW helped him gain some spotlight enough to get a toy not to mention Warden and his team are huge G1 fans and mix that with Hasbro's current G1 only trend we'd be lucky to get reissues of the original Big Convoy and Lio Convoy molds in the Select Series.

Don't get me wrong I'd LOVE for that to happen because it'd be a great way to not only give us more Beast era figures after the original Mainframe cast's finished but to also tell new stories and takes with them. I'm just trying to not let my expectations up too high since like I've mentioned before Hasbro doesn't seem to be interested at all in giving us a Generations line filled with updated figures of the Mainframe cast anytime soon let alone the Japanese cast right now.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  3. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    You're probably right, but hot damn, I'd like to see them try.

Just imagine it: Improved individual robot-modes, updated head sculpts, Magnaboss not staring into the sky... And think of the boxart!

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I can see them similar to their original figures but with the gimmicks not compromising the overall articulation and individual robot modes this time. That's really all I'm asking for. Wouldn't mind it if for Tripredacus the council's robot modes evoke more of their show appearance too.

I'm sure they can think of something. After all the ROTF Constructicons we're getting so far in SS aren't that hampered by the combining gimmick and they're good action figures in their own right too. Well ok ROTF Rampage's arms and elbows don't bend but still other then that he still works better then one would expect.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  5. Verno

News Credits:
    Do Generations figures have have spring-loaded launchers these days? If not, a Magnaboss Silverbolt's wings could be vastly improved if not hampered by them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. orangeitis

orangeitis Note to self: Stop mechsplaining, Orange. Stop it.

Ebay:
    The only CHUG figure that I can think of that has a spring-loaded missile launcher is Universe 2.0 Powerglide.

7. Verno

News Credits:
    Which was... a decade ago? Do they really not use them at all anymore?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Universe 2.0 Inferno had one also, he came out after Powerglide. But I can't think of any more, he may have been the last one.

EDIT: Nope, wait, RTS Lugnut had one in 2011. Now I'm invested, who was the last figure to have a spring-loaded weapon? :lol 

EDIT 2: Generations Warpath (also 2011).

EDIT 3: Thrilling 30 Blitzwing had a spring-loaded tank barrel in 2013.

EDIT 4: Thrilling 30 Roadbuster, spring-loaded missile launcher, 2014.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. orangeitis

orangeitis Note to self: Stop mechsplaining, Orange. Stop it.

Ebay:
    Yep, forgot about those! And if memory serves correctly, the only Prime Wars Trilogy figure that has any spring-loaded missiles are the two CW Leader Megatrons.

10. Rubytarn

Rubytarn Well-Known Member

I wonder how come hasbro hasn’t done a new silverbolt with him being a fan favorite and well loved character. But I do hope that they’ll do a better Cheetor than the universe figure.

11. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    You know, something that would really help this toyline sell is if IDW (or whoever has the license to Transformers comics by then) published a new Beast Wars comic book series. Doesn't have to be a sequel or anything, but it should feature characters from the toyline and not be crammed full of G1 characters. This way people who aren't familiar with Beast Wars can get a feel for the characters and actually have an incentive to go and buy the toys.

• Like Like x 2
  12. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hope we can get s1, s2, and s3 version of the characters
    organic, transmetals, transmetals2
    for me primal organic, deluxe, transmetal, voyaguer, transmetal2 fusion whatever, commander
    for megatron, organic, voyaguer, transmetal, leader, transmetal 2 commander
    for tarantulas both deluxes
    for cheetor all deluxes
    rattrap the same the 2 versions
    blackarachnia the same deluxe
    and yes the transmetals could be improved ankle tilts, head sculpts accurate to show, rattrap accurate backpack, primal transmetal ankle tilt, wrist swivel neck up and down joint, ab crunch , megatron something that not have autodestruction, tarantulas transmetal accurate headsculpt

13. Rubytarn

Rubytarn Well-Known Member

That be pretty cool. I’d love a spotlight mini series that follows the anti hero maximals Depthcharge & Dinobot

14. NathanS

NathanS Well-Known Member

I love they went specialized parts/ Devastator approach for the Beast combiners, but loving that approach (hmmmm Rail Racer, him and those two, top three combiners ever). Really all I want is a re-release of Mangaboss with a Silverlot that doesn't have any GPS.

15. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    Looking at Siege, a lot of the designs are modified versions of the Masterpiece toys. For instance, look at Optimus, Soundwave, and Prowl, who resemble MP-10, MP-13 and MP-17 respectively. How likely do you guys think it is that updated Beast Wars figures would follow suit?

16. Fallout

Fallout a dude he can't lose when lives on love

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    generations jetfire, although the latest use of that mold was cw skywarp, in 2016.

17. Verno

News Credits:
    My fear isn't whether the figures will actually eventuate or not. I'm comfortable with the belief that they will.

My fear is how they'll be released; that they'll be some kind of Hasbro Pulse/Generations Selects kind of exclusive.

With Australia missing out on the Generations waves that had Rhinox, Waspinator and Rattrap, I haven't been able to walk into a store and see Beast Wars figures on a shelf since 1999.

I want to be able to do that again.