Generations: Beast Wars - Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Verno, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your Ideal Line

1. Updates for just the Season 1 Show Characters

23 vote(s)
    15.3%
  2. Updates for ALL the Show Characters and Designs from all 3 Seasons

77 vote(s)
    51.3%
  3. Updates for just the Original figures

3 vote(s)
    2.0%
  4. Updates for ALL the figures from Originals through to TM2s

47 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    I know some fans would be happy with just the remaining 11 Season 1 characters to sit alongside Waspinator, Rattrap and Rhinox. Others would like the entire line brought into the 21st Century. So when our time comes, what do you want to see?

And a follow-up question: What would it be called?

Titans Return and Power of the Primes originally had the working titles of Titan Wars and Prime Wars respectively. If the word 'Wars' is the problem, what title could you see working for the line?

2. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I just want a small deluxe of Airazor (about the same size as CHUG Rattrap) and i'll be super happy. SUPER happy

• Like Like x 4
  3. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Generations Beast Machines.

Just Beast Machines characters.

• Like Like x 3
  4. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a mix of characters from all seasons, including beast machines and the IDW only characters

• Like Like x 3
  5. Latooni

Latooni "HIDOI YO!!!"

I'd hope for Season 1 characters at a minimum. (Terrorsaur and Airazor especially)

As for a name, I like "Call of the Primitives" or something similar, though I suppose that's a more appropriate name to use with G1 animals in mind. "Rise of the Ferals", maybe...?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    We need a "random smattering of characters" option. I just want the BM Vehicon Generals, TM2, and characters whose molds appeared in RID2001.

• Like Like x 3
  7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Some of these are both repaints and retools from existing molds but it's still gives an idea of who I'd like to see be made just in case we don't see a Beast themed line.

BW Megatron from POTP Grimlock
    Terrorsaur from POTP Swoop
    Airrazor from POTP Cutthroat
    Saberback from POTP Snarl
    Primal Prime from POTP Optimal Optimus

8. DanC

DanC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Line of new characters, with a smattering of on- and off-show originals in there. Would be my ideal.

9. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

I voted through TM2, but the generations BW figures are so close the to show characters, I'd rather have MP versions. If they are going to do generations, lets have a true update.

10. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I would just prefer updated figures of the original 14 characters.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Gallade

Gallade STICKY FINGAS!!!

News Credits:
    I chose the second one. I'd love to see another Tigerhawk. I would also love to see how Hasbro and Takara would have done most of the original characters from all 3 seasons. Back in the T30 days, they would have been fantastic as all hell. But here, I'm not so sure but they'll probably look good. Plus, I'd love to have a modern Rampage and Depth Charge in hand as well as a very show accurate Dinobot and Scorponok.

12. Bezuul

Bezuul Well-Known Member

I don’t want to choose. I want all of the characters from all 3 seasons. Gun to the head... Rampage and Depth Charge. I already have a Rattrap and Primal. But really I want the full cast and extra’s like Ravage.

If I’m allowed to be greedy, give me all of Beast Machines too.

GOOD figures. Beast Wars was spot on with most characters but then Beast Machines came along with their scale and accuracy issues.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Characters like terrorsaur as a deluxe, megatron as a mp, scorp as a voyager, quickstrike as a deluxe and so on

14. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I don't need all of them to get updates. There are BW toys that don't really need them.
    But I would like updates of all three seasons and non-show characters.
    Particularly Torca, TM Megatron and Tarantulas, Dinobot, Airrazor, Blackarachnia and a few others.

15. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:

16. Bezuul

Bezuul Well-Known Member

Return to Primal

If they did a mass produced line release of just the original cast and it sold well, is there a strong enough Beast Wars fanbase out there to spark a rebirth? Will it appeal to the new generation if they planned it out that if the test line sold well then they’d go back and do a makeover on the original show and put it on air and then release the rest of the lines? Maybe this is happening in an alternate universe right now. I hope alternate me is having fun and they didn’t turn them all into T-beasts.

• Like Like x 1
  17. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel like the BW Universe and Generations figures we've gotten to this point were designed with a different intent from the G1 or UT based ones. While the G1 Classics figures are meant to be this big, new line with a bunch of slightly clashing aesthetics that still over all works together (much like the original G1 toyline), I always got the feeling that the BW figures were meant to supplement and enhance an existing BW collection. So, we get a Dinobot (the Henkei one anyway), Rhinox, Waspinator, and Rattrap that look good next to the earlier toys (usually best next to the 10th anniversary or Telemocha ones). I feel like it should continue in a similar vein.

The toys that most need updates, then, are the Season 1 incarnations of the characters. Terrorsaur, Scorponok, Inferno, Cheetor (who has NEVER GOTTEN A CLASSICS TOY EVER), Airazor, maybe Primal (even though the Robot Masters/Telemocha figure is still pretty damn excellent, he's kinda short), Megatron, Tigatron (who should definitely be bigger than Cheetor), Blackarachnia. Maybe even beyond Season one, hitting the fuzors. Basically, anything with a mostly organic alt mode.

I am hesitant to ask for Transmetal updates, as, while the engineering would surely be improved, going back to my initial belief that BW Classics figures should be used as enhancements for the original line, I don't think that the decos of modern Transmetals would be anywhere near as striking as the originals. We would not get chrome, and we would not get a paint job that would properly emulate the color designs of these characters. Basically, knowing this, I would only want a new Ravage, so that I can get one for a sane amount of money.

I do think Transmetal 2's with their more bizarre decos, could work better in Classics than the regular TMs. I'd love a new Blackarachnia and Dinobot. And yeah, I want a PotP BW Megatron so bad. And for the love of God a better Tigerhawk.

Anyway, that's just my own philosophy when it comes to BW updates. Gimme season one more or less kplzthx.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    QFT.

19. Bezuul

Bezuul Well-Known Member

Well either they’re finally getting around to BW fans or something is in the works cause MP Megatron is talked about. I’m hoping for a MP Trantulas too. Dude was always creepy in the show and I’d like some of his little spider-bots included.

20. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember in Universe there was this figure called Meth Kitty. Man was that a weird ass figure that has nothing at all to do with Beast Wars.

• Like Like x 1