Generations Beast Machines please!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OptimusPrimeFour, Jan 9, 2011.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Uh, what?

Energon Quintesson wasn't a plant. Or a transformer. And besides, I already said plants aren't that fun, but Botanica has never had a figure. Even if they based her loosely on the Animated counterpart and had her turn into a car I'd still be happy.

It's be, like, the only figure where being made of clear coloured plastic would be truely fitting.

2. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    a botanica plant transformer would be just like the energon quint...a large gangly piece of plastic that just sits there...what tf fan would grab that thing to display with other beast machines figures?

Not i...i think it would be dead on arrival..just like that quint toy.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You know she was a humanoid plant, right? And she transformed?

That's like saying a car TF just sits there, who in their right mind would buy a TF that just folds into a box on wheels? Absurd!

Anyone who likes Beast Machines or Botanica?

Your arguement makes no sense. No, a plant is not a fun alt mode, I admitted that, but she's really just a plant-like alien, with a face, arms, and humanoid body. Like having two robot modes. But saying nobody would buy it is a false statement since I openly stated I want one, which means at the very least I would buy one, and I'm sure many other BM fans would for a complete cast.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Obsidian, Strika, Silverbolt, and the Megahead (into destroyer) would all be nice.

5. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If people fear that a Botanica toy won't sell well, there's one simple solution. STORE EXCLUSIVE.

That way she will only be available at one store and not clog up the pegs everywhere else, and being a store exclusive, she'll probably sell from okay-heavily scalped (looking at you Animated Arcee).

6. Timelord Megs

Timelord Megs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see Vehicons more than Maximals. Tankor and Obsidian especially. Thrust got a pretty good toy in the cycle drone, and I always preferred Jetstorm's toy better than his show model, so I don't really feel too much of a need for them right now. A show accurate deluxe Obsidian though, is something I've wanted since we got the rumor of a canceled Dlx. Obsidian in the original Beast Machines line. And a badass voyager Tankor would rule.

Never did like the Maximals' aesthetic too much, as I've always thought the toys looked better (except Silverbolt). A rare instance where I don't prefer show accuracy. :crazy: 

If they're going to do any beast transformers at all (which seems to be an incredibly difficult thing to do at this point), I'd much rather get Beast Wars characters. Cheetor has too many toys as it is and he needs no more, at least not until everyone else gets one. I'd much rather see BW versions of Rattap and Blackarachnia than BM versions. Oh, Primus help them if they make a Generations Blackarachnia and it's the BM version and not the original BW version... :drunk :gen069: 

7. blue death

blue death Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll echo what others have said: Botanica, Obsidian, Strika, and Silverbolt.

But most of all I want a new mold Beast Machines Megatron. That floating from cables badass monarch look he had never got a fiar toy representation at all and thats a real shame. Megatron was by far the most interesting character that series ever produced and it showed him with much more real depth than he had in Beast Wars. Loved it. A toy of him is definitely needed. One floating robot mode and another mangled mismatched dragon mode

8. Timelord Megs

News Credits:
    Store exclusives generally aren't new molds as it isn't cost effective to spend that much money to make the mold, only to have it get such a small market release.

The Animated toys are an exception as their molds were made before the line was prematurely canceled. They are exclusives because the money had already been spent on the molds, and being an exclusive was the only way to get them out. It was a case of being better than nothing for Hasbro.

9. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Well, I wouldn't say a BM Generations homage would be at the top of the list but there's always a chance (G2, BW & Armada got some Classics' figures...). Just about every BM character could do with a re-imagined figure but Botanica should definitely be first in line. Can't honestly see it happening though... :/

10. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I hope we get Grimlock and Tigatron repaints from them. Those I would definitely buy, considering how off color the original Tigertron was and how Beast Wars Grimlock's gold plastic will crumble to dust on you.

11. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I disagree. A lot of the store exclusives last year were new molds.

12. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    No.

I NEED Nightscream...I don't have that Maximal yet & I hope he gets made someday.

Just not in another...erm..."gigantic" version. :confused2 

13. Timelord Megs

News Credits:
    ... Yeah, the otherwise would-be-canceled Animated toys.

There's also legends Devastator, but that's because he was made by Takara, and couldn't be sold piece by piece effectively, or fit into any existing size class. The Masterpiece line is in the same situation. Takara makes it on their own, and if Hasbro wants to release it, then a store exclusive is probably the only way Hasbro could ever get it out. They're only exclusives over here, they were not made to be exclusives from the onset.

It's not the same thing as hasbro making a new deluxe mold specifically to only see a limited exclusive release, that just doesn't make economic sense. Why not just make it a wide release? Because the character or design isn't popular enough to sell? Well, that toy would just not get made then. And so Botanica probably won't either. Unless she's completely reimagined as a vehicle and thus only a loose homage like in her Animated cameo. That might be possible.

The only time I can think of where a mold was made specifically for an exclusive release is that Aveo Swerve toy from a few years back, were it was a promotional thing for a car dealership in Asia. That's a strange case if there ever was one and not indicative of the nature of store exclusives.

14. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I don't know, it's almost the same thing, just different circumstances.

15. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

I would love for there to be new Beast Machines toys. I got back into Tfs during the last season of beast wars, so Beast Machines was the first tf line I was in it for for the whole run of the toyline. Soo many wants...

Primal.
    The deluxe was pretty bad, blast punch was a lot better, but I feel all the orange clear plastic ruined it. The supreme looked pretty nice, but was way to huge. A new voyager would be nice, one that actually is colored to match the show. One of the things I loved about him in the show was the blue glowy bits on him so that needs to be in there.

Upscale the Tank and cycle drones, add some good paint jobs and more articulation and you are set for those.

Jetstorm really needs it bad. The ultra was a step closer, but still pretty far off from the show.

Megatron was alright, just size him up a bit and maybe give him some better wings.

Ratrap was a solid toy i thought, but shrink him a bit and get a more accurate head.

For cheetor I always thought the night slash version was the best. Basically smething along the lines of that and then give it the paintjob on the supreme version.

Silverbolt probably needs a new version more than anyone in the show. His toy was joke.

Obsidian and strika need to be bigger, And obsidian really needs his fingers.

16. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I just thought a store exclusive might be the safest situation considering how female characters tend to sell (ROTF Bike Sisters).

I agree with most of that. Jetstorm really needs work (McDonalds did wonders with so little), Megatron just really needs his cloak w/ the 2 arms to turn into decent dragon wings, Cheetor could just be made from a repainted Night Slash figure, Silverbolt needs to be Blacharachina's size (AND PURPLE).

17. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For Rattrap I'd say the head is decent enough, just needs a better paint job. The body should be reduced in size a bit, but I honestly have no idea how that can be realistically done.

While I don't have any BM Cheetors, I'd say the Titanium is the best looking (in my opinion), but should be remolded in plastic to be less fragile. Might be too simple to sell though.

And of course, this, as everyone has mentioned so far, is a very much needed toy. I also think Silverbolt fits the deluxe size pretty well, being a tall but compact Maximal.

18. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

I would love for there to be new Beast Machines toys. I got back into Tfs during the last season of beast wars, so Beast Machines was the first tf line I was in it for for the whole run of the toyline. Soo many wants...

Primal.
    The deluxe was pretty bad, blast punch was a lot better, but I feel all the orange clear plastic ruined it. The supreme looked pretty nice, but was way to huge. A new voyager would be nice, one that actually is colored to match the show. One of the things I loved about him in the show was the blue glowy bits on him so that needs to be in there.

Upscale the Tank and cycle drones, add some good paint jobs and more articulation and you are set for those.

Jetstorm really needs it bad. The ultra was a step closer, but still pretty far off from the show.

Megatron was alright, just size him up a bit and maybe give him some better wings.

Ratrap was a solid toy i thought, but shrink him a bit and get a more accurate head.

For cheetor I always thought the night slash version was the best. Basically smething along the lines of that and then give it the paintjob on the supreme version.

Silverbolt probably needs a new version more than anyone in the show. His toy was joke.

Obsidian and strika need to be bigger, And obsidian really needs his fingers.

19. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  20. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Beast Machines is my favorite series, so I would love to see it get some new toy love! Botanica is a must and while I'm actually very happy with the different Primals that we got I would certainly buy a new one. The only toy that I honestly don't think needs to be touched is Tankor. I am extremely happy wtih the version that we got!