Generations armada starscream and Mini-Cons in hand

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by pegasusprime, Dec 15, 2013.

1. updatedude

updatedude Well-Known Member

But seriously, this seems like it MIGHT replace my Classics Seekers. There's been some good deluxe Starscreams between Classics and now, but aside from Energon Starscream (which lacked TC and SW repaints), I feel none of them would really fit on a Classics shelf. FoC SS is a bit too Cybertronian to fit in for me.

While this Deluxe Armada SS is also a pretty futuristic jet, I think it wouldn't be too out of place. The thematic designs aren't as jarring compared to others.

So yeah, I wouldn't mind getting this as my seeker armada.

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I like both alot. I would be shocked if there wasn't an alternate head for skywarp/thrust in the molds for armada screamer.

3. Stryker055

Stryker055 History Man Extraordinare

I can't wait to take some black paint to that Starscream. The torso is just so damn red, when the original had a lot more black to break it up. Sadly, not even the Takara version fixes that problem, from what we've seen. The chinstrap is going to need to be black, too.

Otherwise, this figure looks pretty fantastic. Can't wait to get him.

4. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

Wow, I'm super stoked for this gigantic Mini-Con team.. definitely getting both Hasbro & Takara sets. Can't wait till I have them in my rookers. What a time to be alive:rolleyes: 

Starscream is missing just that.. his Mini-Con. Swindle. Hot Shot included a shoddy 3rd rate version of Jolt for his Classics release what gives Hasbro?

5. Ravage101

Ravage101 Well-Known Member

Yeah...starscream looks like a pass for me. The only thing impressive to me is the fact he actually has landing gear! Have not seen that in a while on most deluxe jet formers. The FOC mold is just far more advanced in both in robot mode and in Jet (even though FOC has no landing struts hahaha). I'm going to track down an FOC Starscream.

Now the combiners looks promising. BUt I'll wait to see a review.

6. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably Skywarp and Thundercracker. Maybe the Club will do a Misfire.

7. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you review the minicons could you show a comparison pic with one of the current "legends two-packs" sets if you have one available please? I'm curious to see how big the team members are

8. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Herald of Thundercracker

I think the jet is the best looking of the Mini-Cons. The helicopter is almost as good, but not quite. The tank is kinda meh, really.

9. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I don't mind the red that everybody hates, but man I dislike how small this guy is. How well does he scale with, say, Armada Megatron? I loved my Armada Starscream when I was little and would love an excuse to buy this one, but it's just so tiny. Which is weird for me to complain about, since I usually don't have a problem with that so long as the tiny scale is kept consistent. Then again, lolscale loltransformers.

10. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    The Minicons looks full of win whereas Armada Screamer is a pass gor me.

11. ChaosLordX

ChaosLordX Well-Known Member

Loving that combiner, its great to know it can hold 5mm pegs. Right now im trying to think of a targetmaster that would suit it.

12. Skottech

News Credits:
    do the Generations legends "Targetmasters" use 5mm? I was thinking of using Flanker with the Assault team as a scout If & when both are available

13. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    while the articulation makes Armada Starscream Redux a winner over the bricktastic original, i feel like the deluxe size (and especially the scaled-down deluxes) makes some of the inherent design flaws more glaring ~ the goofy "fast packs", the arms hanging off the side of Jet mode, the Canards seem bigger and more awkward in robot mode, the nosecone not folding around to the back (that'd have been such an easy fix and improve proportions and the get rid of the unfortunate robo-wang) and the minion pegs are so oversized on the smaller-scaled deluxe

I'm also surprised they couldn't hit the colors a little closer, the original has a much nicer palette.

the minicons are just confusing to me ~ no reference to anything, scales out of wack with the Cybertron trilogy minicons and now seeing these shots the aesthetics of the head sculpts seems to be more from Prime than anything in the Generations lineā€¦ The combined mode is decent though, much better then the original minion combiners...

14. Bitstream

Bitstream Nobody's side

Just as a point of reference, THIS is the Armada Starscream Happy Meal toy.

15. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron Unicron Herald BladeZero

News Credits:
    why everybody complains about starscream size? he is the same size as energon starscream, if you look closely energon starscream is far back but side to side they should be the same height
    and about the color, yeah too much red but the mold looks good enough, maybe hasbro will do something like starscream foc(he looks meh, mut skywarp will rock and thundercracker looks good too)
    yeah, he doesnt have his minicon but maybe they will release some more(judging by the combiner) and maybe there will be one for starscream or at least one that looks good with him
    and starscream looks times better than the always popular and overrated classics seeker mold

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Yeah, this new Starscream will be the same size or a little taller than the classics Starscream mold.

The only toy I really care about him looking good with is Universe Hot Shot.

17. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    I always thought it'd be cool if a combiner had male and female members this little ammonite is a must buy for me.

18. Skottech

News Credits:
    Agreed, plus from her placement in Centuritron it looks like she's in charge of the team IMHO

19. Maximal Dinobot

Maximal Dinobot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was thinking about passing on Starscream. I never got the original one and I wish I did. Problem is that I'm not feeling this mold from the pictures. Part of it is that he's too red. Going to have to see this guy in person first though I'm hoping I'll end up passing.

Who are these Minicons by the way? Were they part of Armada at all?

20. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:
    Coming from an Armada fan: That color is extremely ugly. yuk. The sculpt is meh...