Generation Toys GT-10 Optimus Primal

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 15, 2017.

?

Are you interested?

1. yes

56.1%
  2. maybe

20.1%
  3. no

23.8%
  1. sofos87

sofos87 Well-Known Member

it looks like they gave everything they had on this one, im super satisfied and excited to get him, i just hope he sells enough so that they can continue this line into more beasts!
    now that G1 is over, it is my time :D 

paint:check,i think even the black is painted
    articulation: Super check
    sculp: super check
    ratchets: everywhere !!!
    alt mode: super check
    robot mode: super super check, but i will prob display him as gorrila mode since its super funny and looks super-good <3

2. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

I see fixes to the hips, but any fixes to the ab crunch gap?

3. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    If GT's Defensor never existing meant I got more of these beast bots I'd gladly pull that lever without a moments hesitation. I can only hope and pray they focus hard on this line and drop most of their other stuff as often as possible. If they canceled all future plans for non-beast bots tomorrow I'd be absolutely delighted. So I certainly sit far far on the other side of the table compared to you.

I love these designs so much I'm possibly going to end up getting both GT's and DX9's, it'll be awesome to compare their various interpretations of the same things if I do. I want to support the fuck out of this kind of thing because this is the best development in the mp scene since the mp scene was started.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 10
  4. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Well, I voted maybe, and I'm still on maybe. After not buying anything for like six weeks I just bought two figures, have DX9's Gabriel due any day now, and a few other things pre-ordered that could come out fairly soon. I'm interested, because I have most of GT's releases and I prefer this mecha-ape design for Primal to the organic gorilla that is the official MP Primal. But I don't have a strong attachment to Beast Wars and could probably live without this. I guess I'm waiting for some English reviews.

• Like Like x 1
  5. calubin175

No forearm vulcan, so I will just imagine thst those red vents are energy blast ports.

I think DX9 will go for a more Zoid like approach with diaclone compatibility.

Hopefully we will get the Magnus and Nemesis repaints.

Better wait for full length video reviews though. Some chinese reported broken elbow.

[​IMG]

First chinese review:

Sina Visitor System

Chest is diecast, so this made the ab crunch joint not tight nor loose.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  6. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

Dang, I hope is not as bad as Alien Attack Optimus.

• Like Like x 1
  7. motorthing

motorthing One of these days.........

News Credits:
    I'm on the fence about this Guy as is so that's.............not encouraging.

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh shit.....

9. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  10. TCJJ

TCJJ 117% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I did. For as much as I love the T-Beast designs, this was a "maybe" for me because of the square head. I don't think I really need to say this at this point, but once I can afford this thing, I really want to buy it (so I changed my vote to a "Yes" when we saw the first colour images and such). The other T-Beast figures, however, have been a must-have for me from the beginning.
    ...but on second thought, I might wait for DX9's version after all...
    I guess we just have to wait and see if this is a widespread issue or not.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cannot be unseen....

• Like Like x 2
  12. Vkrylian

Vkrylian Well-Known Member

13. calubin175

Most taobao are reviews are pretty good. But we will have to wait for proper reviews to see if there are any widespread qc issues.

14. Chosen Prime

Chosen Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 6
  15. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    b202252f986b00131ae65424a82a7c4e.jpg

Hmmm... that square head is both awesome looking but also kind of stupid looking at the same time. I think in some of those pics from @daimchoc the square head looks pretty good - in some of the stock pics - maybe less so.

I doubt I'll have him in ape mode for that long so I'm good with it either way. I like this more 'cyber' look than the official Optimus Primal (?) and sold that off awhile ago. That small little ape just reminded me of those crappy wind up toys I had as a kid which would do back-flips. I think my tastes run more mecha than organic, so I'm down with this one. Who doesn't like killer apes... hehehe....

I'm guessing some will love him, some will hate him for the tech greeble. But I kind of don't want this guy to be a smooth toon representation. I'm cool with them getting back to some techy looking animal bots. Just seems to mesh better than trying to do 'photo-realistic' animal bots...

$118 w free shipping. In stock and shipping - expect your invoices today.

• Like Like x 3
  16. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Not sure if it's just me - but I find Leonidas extremely hard to pair with any other figures. Not sure if it's the style or scale or size or whatever, but I find he doesn't go well with anything! Right now I have the Leonidas at the back of a display with a bunch of random primes and the nemesis version stuck with my nemesis M01 and Nemesis CW megatron (KBB version). He sort of fits - but not really.

What have you paired him with?

17. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    currently i have him with a bunch of figures im using as post beast machines versions of characters, so its a pretty wide mix of aesthetics, ranging from b'boom to legends blackarachnia, a bm silverbolt that has been modded to be taller, cybertron longrack, universe night slash cheetor etc etc

18. RavenousPrime

RavenousPrime Fantasy Author

I know a lot of people aren't a fan of the square head. I wonder if this is their attempt to make it their own than simply relying on the original artwork. Though it seems that looks similar, just more of a smoother slope forehead. I'm happy about it though. I'll most likely keep this in ape mode for a while. It's not often you find beast bots. I had people commenting on my collection like "wow I didn't know they could be animals!"

• Like Like x 1
  19. kamifushou

kamifushou Well-Known Member

Any one get their figure yet? I just got mine and out of the box the right knee's upper joint (of the double flexion joint) does not have a working ratchet. It's not a deal breaker since its nice and tight as a friction joint anyway. Still nice if he's symmetric. Great figure still though I think this is a manufacturing error possibly due to the softer type of plastic they use. Highly recommended as the engineering is great and transformation is fairly easy/simple and fun with great posability

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  20. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to admit that I find this one extremely interesting when initially I did not think I would. He looks cool, and they gave him a much more robotic look in BOTH modes, and somehow pulled it off. Even the transformation is unique. It looks like a whole lot of fun to monkey around with. I also like that they made him about the same height as MP-10. They're not even trying to compete with MP-32/38, and I dig that. It's a cool re-imagining of Optimus Primal. Sooooo tempting...

BTW, anyone know if his fingers are individually articulated like Fans Toys of KFC hands?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4