Generation Toys-GT-01 Gravity Builder (Devastator)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Jun 8, 2015.

1. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    Just bought the Black version.

I am having trouble flipping up Mixmaster's connector piece because the ratchet is incredibly tight. Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Delduwath

Delduwath Well-Known Member

If you don't mind, would you be able to post some photos and/or your thoughts on it? I contemplated getting it, but haven't been able to find many photos or video reviews of it.

3. crazee928

crazee928 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i used a small screwdriver to insert into the connector and then torque it into place. couldn’t find a better way to do this, honestly, and this is one of the frustrating points of this figure. the ratchet is so tight that the transformation pegs right below it tend to unpeg instead whenever i wanted to bend the combiner knee.

• Like Like x 1
  4. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    If you do a search on this thread, you'll be able to find impressions from other people who bought it in the past. I am probably just going to combine everything and never take it apart again.

Darn, I am hating this figure already because of the SUPER TIGHT ratchet. It's insanity. Not sure why they think it is a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. crazee928

crazee928 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i wouldn’t go so far as to say it made me hate it, it’s more of an annoyance than anything else. the rest of the set is pretty solid imo, and in all 3 modes at that. just get yourself a small screwdriver or a metal skewer that won’t bend easily and you should be good to go.

6. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    I just bought some shock oil. Hopefully that will help.

7. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. 1mBr0k3n

1mBr0k3n -

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    My Gravity Builder came with a little tool to pry out the combiner ports. Does it not come with that anymore?

9. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

I believe the tool comes with the upgrade kit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. FiveThousand

FiveThousand Well-Known Member

A spudger is definitely recommended but you should get the nylon ones and not metal. Less chance of breaking.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    Needs to be thick too. Those ports can break normal spudgers.

12. FiveThousand

FiveThousand Well-Known Member

Good point. I was thinking it over again. If you're careful enough then a metal one wouldn't be such a bad idea.

13. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Those ports are stupid. They are super strong, but higher up there's ratchets that are weaker.

Not sure what those guys were thinking.

Now that I have Black Judge combined, I think this is my favorite looking combiner. He just looks so good. Proportion wise, I like him better than Toyworld Constructor. The later has always looked a little bit lean and therefore not as bad ass looking as Gravity Builder, but then again I am going to display Constructor with my MP bots and this guy with my IDW bots.

I don't think this guy is super playable in combined mode, but that's never been my expectation. Overall I am very pleased with my purchase.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  14. JAIME ESCOBAR

JAIME ESCOBAR Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Can anyone please pose the g1 cartoon looking bots next to a masterpiece. I\'m debating getting these for $260. Thank you

15. cinnamennen

cinnamennen New Member

I got my Black Judge, and the silver panels on Scavenger are pretty wonky. These are the panels that wrap around the arms in bot mode or cover up gaps in arm/vehicle mode. It's almost like the hinge isn't fully "clipped in" but I'm afraid of breaking the part. The end result is that it's almost like the panel is just resting there, not really attached and any disturbance causes not only the main panel to fall off, but the sub panel as well. Anyone else run into this? New to collecting so I'm also unsure if I should ask the seller for replacement parts.

16. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think they just rest in robot mode even though it feels like they should clip/slot in. Mine stay on, but they do feel wonky. I have the clear version.

One of Long Haul's fists just popped of while in Combined mode. They'd been standing there for months. I think they're connected with mushroom joints (hard to see in combined mode) and it just broke itself off somehow. First time I've had a translucent figure just break itself. Must have popped up a bit when it broke since they're faced up and and the peg would have had to clear the hole.

Attached Files:

17. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

Got my copy today, somewhat disappointed. No bio cards, no leg extension kit and Golden Megatron isn't already put together. Similar to the original translucent Megasorry kit with the original run.

Hilariously the image on the box still has the leg extensions, assuming it's the same box as the version with purple chrome.

Still, I'm pretty happy with them, I sold my G2 Toyworld Constructicons a while back in favour of something more stylised that won't take up as much space.

Combiner is big enough for my masterpiece collection and individuals are interesting enough visually. Will post some more pictures after work.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  18. Creegor

Creegor Member

I assume this set doesn’t come with the alternate heads for the individual bots?

19. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

Nope, unfortunately. I found someone on ebay selling the original set and asked them if they'd be interested in selling the Bonecrusher and Scavenger heads alternative heads. Got lucky.

20. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    So this is starting to ship?
    I’ve yet to order this set...