Generation Toys-GT-01 Gravity Builder (Devastator)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Jun 8, 2015.

1. RailRacer97

RailRacer97 Member

Just put down my preorder for this set. SERIOUSLY that price on BBTS at $269.99 is a absolute steal! I was originally planning on getting the Takara Unite Warriors Devastator but could never find one for a decent price and I CERTAINLY wasn't going to go for the Hasbro version with its lack of elbows, ratchets, and bot mode guns.

• Like Like x 1
  2. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

News Credits:
    One question I have not seen asked yet and it seems valid. Does this have ALL of the fixes for the original set (the one on sale at BBTS) already installed from the factory or are we looking at a hour or more of disassembly of new figures to apply the fixes? My black judge seems to have everything but the hand fillers already applied from the factory. I guess we will know once we start getting them in hand; the fixes were packaged with Crane and Scrapper covering fixes for four of the six figures. I would hope they applied the fixes at the factory. I am SO looking forward to getting my meaty little hands on this set. Optimistically hoping to leave the precision screwdriver set in its happy little home.

The Black Judge only comes with the guns. Now that I have seen the melee weapons I want them. *Starts hunt online for a reasonably priced set*

Seems no one is selling just the melee weapons. I am not buying the Orange gift set just to get the weapons. I guess I will dig into my box of misfit melee weapons and see what trouble I can get into.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2020
  3. Kaisugi

Kaisugi Member

For those that are wondering on the two price points on BBTS - yes, the higher price set w/ mouse pad was solicited many months back. I had one on order and BBTS made it right for me and others that ordered the more expensive set, so nothing shady that I'm aware of. I'm willing to bet they just add the first batch to the shelf and sell them through at the new price (no one is going to pay $100 for a mouse pad and they know it) - but that is just speculation that makes sense.

4. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin cool dude attitude

Does the new set only come with the yelling face for Devy and not the stoic one? I only got the yelling one and would like to have the stoic face as an option, but realized all the pics I've seen only show the yelling one.

5. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

Are there any improvements made on the new limited edition version over the original? I have the JinBao OS version in G2 yellow to go with my MP figures but I’m considering getting this GT99 to scale with my IDW CHUG collection. I recall some saying JinBao made some improvements but I can’t recall what... maybe the chest piece fitting in better? I know they made a lot more improvements over the original Warbotron Bruticus but I sold that.

Do y’all feel that Gravity Builder aesthetics fit in well with IDW CHUG like the MMC Reformatted line?

6. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin cool dude attitude

Inside of the drum is a shiny silver, almost like the chrome purple itself if you removed a layer of transparent purple. I think painting it is the only option if you don't want the chrome (which is what I was planning to do once I got this, but I actually don't mind the shiny purple in-hand.

I don't know anything about the improvements because this is my first experience with any version of this mold, but I think aesthetically it fits very well with CHUG of any kind. I bought it to complement Siege/Earthrise stuff since I like the heavy detailing and combiner height being shorter than the CW, but it definitely looks good with the reformatted stuff I have too. Has an IDW feel without necessarily being accurate to anything. Would provide pics but I'm not going to have time to mess with it for a few days.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kurome

Kurome Well-Known Member

I'd say it is the same size as the original, but the knee extenders make the difference in height

8. bakerjin

Thanks for your thoughts! Does the new chest piece tab in securely? And does it light up like the original upgrade set did? I never found out what the difference was between the original and upgrade chest piece. I assume the head still lights up?

9. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto Saving the World, 1 VPN at a time...

News Credits:
    $333.70 after tax and shipping. I'll finally have a non bayverse devastator. Great price from BBTS. If was impatient. I could get the mouse pad version. From TCP for $50 more...

I need to find a spot for this now. Maybe my cubicle, not sure.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bakerjin

Does anyone know Gravity Builder’s exact height from his feet to the top of his head when attached to his upgrade knees? I’ve seen various measurements for him but it’s often unclear if they are measuring to the top of his head or to the tallest point of his shoulders. Thanks!

11. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

So this just hit my POL. btw neither of the heads (the stock nor the included upgrade kit head) are g1 cartoon deco heads huh? seems like none have that silver forehead (for reference the 86 movie had teh best drawn devy in g1 i think). seems like the upgrade kit head is close except for coloration? anyone use alternate heads? and where from? TIA.

12. Thundercracker Blue

Thundercracker Blue Well-Known Member

How long does BBTS take to ‘process’ payments? I want to get this sucker shipped!

13. Stitches

Stitches Well-Known Member

Same.

Though I was expecting (hoping) for Hunk when I saw a BBTS email.

14. ChucklesLastLaugh

ChucklesLastLaugh Undercover so long, they all forgot who I work for

I have a POL I asked to ship last week that still hasn't shipped. They are running pretty slow.

15. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Can someone please post a picture of the upgrade kit chest piece on him?

Is it unchromed? Does the purple match the other purple colors?

16. Kingragnork

Kingragnork Well-Known Member

I just got mine in today, my first 3P combiner, very pleased and was hyped to get him finally, that $269.99 price was a steal. I am wondering if there is anyway to get the stoic face the original set came with, other than just having to buy the figure it comes with?

17. Thundercracker Blue

What face does it come with? And isn’t the stoic face in the included upgrade kit?

18. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Yelling face.

The upgrade kit has the alternate head but no stoic face I saw.

19. Thundercracker Blue

Ah, I see. I think of the alternate head as the stoic face.
    2DD7CA80-AE79-402E-9E3C-F89366917B44.jpeg

Got mine today, too, but I haven’t had the chance to look it over.

20. Stitches

Stitches Well-Known Member

Got mine today. Had the upgrade kit and mouse pad. :)