Generation Toys-GT-01 Gravity Builder (Devastator)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Jun 8, 2015.

1. rabid_wolf

rabid_wolf Well-Known Member

ordered - too good a deal to pass even though I have gone the MP route with all my combiners

That being said I had seen this a couple of years ago In person which is what got me into 3rd party combiners And figures

2. ChucklesLastLaugh

ChucklesLastLaugh Undercover so long, they all forgot who I work for

Yeah, I saw that deal on BBTS and said fuck it. Ordered.

I have TFC Hercules and TW Constructor already. I'll probably get the FT bots if they ever get around to it.

It's all good cause Devastator was always a favorite of mine. I dreamed of having the G1 toys when I was little.

I like the new colors on this GT Gravity Builder much better than the first round. I couldn't get that first version because the colors were too far off to me.

3. Fr33fall

Fr33fall Well-Known Member

Any chance you could get a proper measurement to the top of his head? I saw one of the descriptions online saying he's 17.75" tall. I assume that means to the top of his shoulders and that he's the same size as the original, but getting confirmation on that would be appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fleebnork

Fleebnork Well-Known Member

Yeah that $269 price is an incredible deal. Us early adopters paid $100 for each individual figure.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

The original ($600 version) was my desk bot at my last game company gig, and it always turned heads. The plastic quality is high, and I really like the somewhat stylized/greeble-y look.
    I’m very happy with it, and would definitely recommend it.
    It’s a smidge unstable, but even when it’s taken a dive, nothing has broken.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Stitches

Stitches Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. I had almost got it when it originally came out because I thought it looked so good, but between the price and scale I always managed to hold off. This price seems ridiculously good though. So ordered.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

It figures this deal happened. I just finished collecting a Daban set.

Screw it, I preordered anyway.

8. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    For anyone that has the new set, on the inside of Mixer's drum...is it still purple plastic?

I've been watching a few videos where it looks like some auto degreasers have been used to removed chrome off plastic for Hot Wheels collectors. Those drums come off via screw and well...the chrome drum is really all that bothers me.

9. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

The BBTS deal is screaming good i think. i had to order it. luckily i had just taken the "pure G1 MP" shackles off recently(and GT seem to be teh big beneficiary of that so far). I know this has probably been answered before many times, but how tall is the guy to the head with and without thigh extenders? BBTS' listing seems to be say 17.71 - i assume that is either to the top of teh shoullders or with the thigh extenders AND to the top of the shoulders. lol. Also, do the extenders affect his stability? Also, on the new version....does the green from the thigh extenders included match the rest of the green? I notice the chest wing in the included upgrade kit doesn't match for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  10. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Oof. Patience really is a virtue.

11. Fleebnork

Fleebnork Well-Known Member

Without early adopter sales, GB might not have been successful enough to have less expensive later editions. Depends on how you look at it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    This is the same company that made Warbotron, right?

Kills me how far they've come in terms of QC and design, given Brutes had a lot of flaws and didn't have much endurance.

Also, is there a way to get Mixmaster's cab to properly clip in to the "caution" railings? It's fiddly as hell, pics provided:

20200609_144642.jpg 20200609_144645.jpg 20200609_144653.jpg

13. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

News Credits:
    Getting this guy to oppose my GT-99 Black Judge - going to see if I can get them to grapple with each other and stay stable. My Judge is rock solid when it comes to stability. At $269.00 from BBTS it is a no brainer. They are asking $374.00 for the one with the mouse pad. They are the same set; guess they think people will bite for the mouse pad.

• Like Like x 1
  14. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

I mean, they were made *years* apart, with many other figures made in between. Seems understandable to me.
    I would totally buy a new Warbotron Bruticus if they re-made it with today's quality.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Right, though those were mostly smaller, non-combining toys.

But man, the quality jump between Bruticus and Devastator is night and day. I did hear Computron made a lot of improvements compared to Bruticus as well.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kurome

Kurome Well-Known Member

this is what I've been thinking! it is crazy

17. MetroSupreme

MetroSupreme Well-Known Member

Yeah I was trying to figure out what is the difference between the one that's $269 and the one that's $374?

I assume the more expensive one came first but you can't sell them side-by-side with a $100 mousepad being the only difference... or is it?

18. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

News Credits:
    Based on the description for both listings they are identical except for the mouse pad. One is on sale while the other really is not. Go figure. I would go for the mouse pad one if it was $10-15 dollars more.

19. Safeguard

Safeguard Autobot

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I purchased the G2 version a while back, but I couldn't pass on BBTS's price. Also, I love me some 'chromey' goodness. :D 

20. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Been wanting to get these guys since the yellow version since it comes with melee weapons for the bots. Does the black version have the swords and stuff included as well or is it just the yellow version?