Generation Toys-GT-01 Gravity Builder (Devastator)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

Watched a bulldozer that looked liked GT's show up at a jobsite today. Thing was frakkin huge! Felt a little joy inside that I've got this dude in my BBTS pol! Just before that a Navvy lookin' vehicle showed up. Told my apprentice if four more pieces of equipment rolled in after those two, that we were calling it a day and hauling ass! Ha!

2. Stangatron

Stangatron Well-Known Member

LOL, if I was licence construction working driving one of these I would so have a Decepticon logo and their name painted on the side. If I could I would even go as far as recreating the paint scheme!

3. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've seen construction equipment in a similar shade of neon green.

Had this idea for a Robot Chicken sketch where Robot Chicken nerd and 'Gyro-Robo' nerd get a job in construction. The Nerd starts dancing with glee when he sees the equipment in that shade of green. Supervisor threatens to fire them if they defaces the equipment. The next morning there's a decepticon logo on a dump truck. They are both accused.

'Gyro-Robo' nerd says, "I would never do that and in fact prefers the Diaclone color scheme, thank you."

Both get fired. The decepticon logo fades and Long Haul's head pops up and does a Muttly laugh. (I had the constructicon gift set, and they had rub symbols on them too, thought it would be fun nod to them.)

4. Emphy

Emphy Well-Known Member

Couldn't find it in this thread - but I might have overlooked it - but: did anyone repaint Scraper's hands? I really like the black versions of Mixer (and up) because the green ones on Scraper seem rather bland.

5. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

Word! Yeah thought about sneaking out to jobsite this weekend and applying some symbols to those bad boys! Haha!

6. mephinc

mephinc Well-Known Member

I think this every day when I go to work. I see D9's, 992's, Euclid/Cat dumps, etc.

7. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Well-Known Member

I need to see pics of these real life construction vehicles in limegreen!

8. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Has anyone figured out a solution to Bulldozer's hips? Perhaps someone skilled in 3D printing could make a piece to hold them together? Just a thought; the community does indeed have clever fans

9. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The crotch on my GT Bonecrusher would come apart at the slightest outward movement. This was the complete opposite of GT Scavenger, whose crotch locked tightly and the legs can be posed easily without coming apart.

Bonecrusher also had squeaky and tight shoulders and elbows, but I fixed that with some silicone gel. The balljointed hips were too tight too, so I added a bit to each of those.

Now the crotch locks in just fine! :D 

So, at least on my version, it's not a problem with the actual parts that lock so much as the balljoints on the legs being tight. I was really surprised by that, because even the slightest outward nudge would cause the crotch to slip out like there was no hold at all. But now that section stays together and the balljoints on the legs are tight enough to hold positions but smooth to move when posed.

A bottle of this stuff is usually about $5. There are different brands, and it's usually also called shock oil, but as long as the bottle says that it's 80 weight 100% pure silicone gel then you know you're getting the right product. You can buy it at a local hobby shop if they sell rc cars, or even on the internet at places like Amazon.

To apply it, just put a tiny drop on the end of a toothpick and put it in the joint then work it around to coat. Works on hinge joints, ball joints, and swivel joints.

Just so we're clear on this, put a tiny drop in the balljoint at the top of each of GT Bonecrusher's legs. Do not get it on the crotch parts.

After that, the crotch should stay together just fine. At least it did on mine. :) 

~Matt Booker

10. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:

1. Bulldozer
    2.Navvy
    3.Mixing Truck
    4. Scraper

I hate saying it because Navvy is much more competent as far as design execution goes. Bulldozer despite its non-locking parts, worse tolerances, and arm shenanigans has a much better alt mode and the robot mode when messed with to taste just ticks all my boxes. Plus he still has the ab crunch and sweet knees from Navvy. Navvy really only fails for me in the alt mode department and I feel should really deserves the top slot, but Bulldozer nudges him off it somehow.

Mixing Truck is also a beefy guy and I find despite his flaws he just looks great with the swiveling head turret that can tuck behind him when you want it to. I barely notice the side of the shoulder kibble as it only becomes apparent when you look at it from the solid black underside.

Scraper is still nice, and looks good but I wish I could do more with the shovel in the back as it's too big for my taste and doesn't fold down cleanly. I wish he had a better headsculpt, though that's a complain for all these guys since they all look like faceplated generics, but I think it hit scraper the hardest.

Also does anyone have the scraper spare parts left over? I didn't get any with my scraper and I'm looking for them.

11. PreSsieGuY

PreSsieGuY Well-Known Member

who did you order from?
    shouldnt it come with the spare parts?

12. inclementbias

inclementbias Maximal

1) Scraper/Bulldozer/Navvy
    I can't decide. I think Scraper without the hip flaps and more solid legs would win out here, his transformation is so simple and intuitive and he looks like a beefy leader. Alt is badass and modern. Bulldozer, while kibble-y and frustrating at times, has the imposing bruiser presence of a badass brawler bot. He looks like he'd throw Optimus through a mountain, and his alt mode looks equal parts bulldozer and tank. Navvy is a well proportioned bot with cool transformation but he kind of seems like the little guy of the bunch, maybe a stealthy dude if it weren't for the huge shovel hanging off his back. I prefer that config far more than the G1/TW tail TBH. As others have noted, the visible head in alt mode was a weird choice and I wish the top would rotate over the treads.

Mixmaster is great in his own right, I just don't prefer his lower legs with the built-in tilt on a ball joint feet. As others have mentioned, the shoulder kibble can be frustrating as well as his bowl shell. He's still a cool bot. I'm not as sold on his alt mode as the others. the cab is somewhat weirdly stylized in what I would call "old-futuristic" instead of modern. It seems like something people in 1985 would imagine a mixing truck might look like in 2016 instead of what a modern mixer looks like. Not that this set sticks to true modern interpretation, but I would have preferred a bit of a different style on MM's alt.

13. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

Attached Files:

14. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

Well that's just silly.

15. dirtmodeler

dirtmodeler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol, i like Brutistator!

or is it Devicus?

16. Emphy

Emphy Well-Known Member

Haha awesome - wish I had Warbotron so it could be a placeholder for final GB/Devy :D  I like the decepticon logo on Mixer's drum, wonder if Repro will put one in the set for Mixer.

Seeing Warbo Bruticus, GT Devastator and Transformission Menasor I'm really, really, really hoping they do a Superion... I kinda like Uranos, but not enough to actually get it.

17. Stangatron

Stangatron Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see the final colored version of Longhaul and hook. I feel like it's been ages since the last update. I'm okay with that though because I want the best devi that they can produce.

18. PreSsieGuY

PreSsieGuY Well-Known Member

i decided to order 4 of the generation bots in one go off bababobo.
    looks like im missing scraper replacement parts. not sure if this has already been discussed, but did anyone else didnt get theirs?

19. malfet

malfet Tiny Plastic Robot

LOL. That feel when you can't wait for Gravy's torsobots, you sub in not-Brute's.

20. Emphy

Emphy Well-Known Member

I got a V2 scraper from Bababobo, half of March-ish and no replacements for Scraper with my Mixer which I got 8th of April (also Bababobo). Dunno what's what but I found little wrong with my Mixer so really don't know what V we're talking, if there are even multiple?

Also, this Bababobo - each order I make his e-mail (via Paypal/Ebay) has changed (something @ outlook.com, something @ hotmail.com) - which seems a bit strange - but he delivers so all is good :)