Generation Toys-GT-01 Gravity Builder (Devastator)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Jun 8, 2015.

1. firedemon3

firedemon3 Well-Known Member

They share a factory and some artists/designers, but that's really about all. TransFormMission is GT's side project/company though.

2. Chaotic Yeti

Chaotic Yeti Well-Known Member

Received my bulldozer yesterday. After having some time to play with him, I am now in the camp that wishes the dozer pauldrons were thought out a little better. Aesthetically, I really like them. It just seems like there should have been some way to secure them onto the shoulders in a way to keep the articulation, and avoid the floppiness when handling the figure.

Figure is awesome, especially next to his team mates.

[​IMG]

3. CQCSnake

CQCSnake Well-Known Member

Cool. That's good to know. I may have to go all in on TFM menasor then.

4. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    No proof that Warbotron and Gens Toys are the same, but the aesthetic, pricing and packaging are extremely similar, but that could just be shared designers. They have flat out admitted that Gens Toys and TFM are just different divisions of the same parent company, so there is a direct connection.

5. brianfitz

brianfitz Active Member

I just got my navy and bulldozer yesterday. At first I was not happy but once I got them in a good stance I gotta say they are pretty stolid figures I keep having a love hate thing with this set. Hope the last two figures are gonna finish up strong for gt

6. Stangatron

Stangatron Well-Known Member

Just picked mine up yesterday. The arm kibble does take a bit to get around, but he looks so imposing standing on the shelf. Love the design and look of these guys.

Attached Files:

7. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Well-Known Member

Fantastic. Can't believe we only have 2 more till I can put this one to bed.

8. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    I remember a time when all of these guys + the TW ones were supposed to be out by December :) 

9. firedemon3

It was also suppose to be out before CNY but once CNY hit, there was pretty much no work done for the whole month which was expected.

10. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    At least the slower pace has given both companies time to work out issues.

11. mephinc

mephinc Well-Known Member

And time for me to save some pennies lol

12. firedemon3

Agreed, with the current exchange rate I prefer the slower release that much more.

13. evil_rhinox

evil_rhinox Well-Known Member

Is there an estimated release date on the last two guys?

14. Emphy

Emphy Well-Known Member

Paint on Scraper

Yesterday I applied most of Reprolabels' Scraper stickers onto the figure, and I really dig it - in my eyes it really pimps the character even more.

One minor thing that's been bothering me is that some of the silver paint on Scraper's middle section is... scraped :) lol), ever since I took it out the box for the first time. I've supplied an artist impression of the damage. The scratches are black, and I've already tried rubbing the black off - to no avail - and it must be damaged paint.

I've not seen anyone mention the same problem here so I'm wondering if anyone has some tips to fix this? Maybe apply some paint thats very similar (if so, which one would that be?!) or ask for a replacement section? That would involve quite some assembly but should be doable?

I'm not sure GT would bother with replacing this part - it's not a big issue (certainly not in Combined mode) but yeah, paying this amount of money I'd kinda like undamaed paint to be totally honest.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Hope my Mixer comes in soon, I'm HOOKED on these guys!

Attached Files:

15. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

Wow that sucks, that's a hell of a scratch.
    Tamiya x11 chrome silver might do, will have a look when I get home shortly and see how they stand up together.

Edit: its a smidge bit too bright & shiny, mixed with a little gun metal would probably be perfect

16. Emphy

Emphy Well-Known Member

Yeah I suppose I can make some, but it'll be tonight - approximately 11 to 12 hours from now, I'm in the CET time region :)  Tried to apply the labels best I could - I'm not really adept at these things yet (my first 3P figure and labels).

I am in doubt whether to apply the labels at the top of his front chest area - it's pretty G1-ish but I kinda also like the clean look as it is now. Plus they need to be folded over the edge, which looks a bit off on Reprolabels' own examples.

17. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim Veteran

I have the Reprolabels set too but haven't put mine on yet. I generally pass in the overly g1 "toy" labels. It just ends up looking a bit garish generally and I prefer somewhere between toon acurate and nice color breakup. I too will likely pass on the tire labels.

18. Emphy

Emphy Well-Known Member

Generally I've applied those stickers that, indeed, break up the colors best (in my opinion ofcourse). Some warning stripes on the front, silver plating on the feet, stickers on the hip flaps, that kind of stuff. The tire stickers seem a bit strange to me, and also the tiny 'cc' stickers that go on his shin area - not likely I'll put those on.

19. Fleebnork

Fleebnork Well-Known Member

The shoulder kibble is a little bit floppy, but on the other hand, you can use it to do THE CLAW! :D 

[​IMG]

20. namartlu

namartlu Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Big Like!