Generation Toy Jazz / J4ZZ

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by motorthing, Oct 26, 2015.

1. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

TCP has a video review. They say the transformation is pretty straightforward and you can see in the video it goes pretty smoothly. I'll find out for myself Monday :D 

• Like Like x 2
  2. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's definitely not fun (and neither was the result all that rewarding imo).

I'm actually really curious how the IDW MP lines by GT and GC are going to shape up. GT have 2 characters out now. I'll be getting J4zz pretty soon but ideally I'd like to stick to one 'style' (so hopefully J4zz and the upcoming GC Prowl will help me determine that).

3. OstOgBajer

I'm so excited about both lines. I'm all in on the GT and TFM lines (except for Gravity Builder right now). I love GC Prime, and I'm likely all in on their IDW bots too, but they may be more of display pieces, like Gunpla kits, than my other bots. I love the asthetics but they are a bit more fragile so far.

I just can't get enough of these! I really need to read the comics... I have some single issues but I want to get the volumes and start from the beginning.

• Like Like x 1
  4. yvk2000

News Credits:
    I'm a bit torn now on GC; normally I sell my transformers that I don't enjoy transforming, but Maxmas is such a beautiful piece. I do really hope that they improve on the transformation engineering and the quality of plastics used, but without losing their ambitious aesthetic vision (but judging from the renders of Prowl and Sixshot, there is no need to worry...oh boy!).

I haven't dabbed in TFM yet because of all the issues I've read about with the first two.

If you want to get into the comics, you need to read up on where you'd want to start. I loved the Furman run (that's the beginning of IDW Transformers) but I think a lot of people didn't as much...

5. OstOgBajer

It's a little overwhelming figuring out where to start, I thought I would just start here since it places everything in chronological order...

Transformers: The IDW Collection Volume 1 Transformers: The IDW Collection Volume 1: Simon Furman, Eric Holmes, Casey Coller, Marcelo Matere, Alex Milne: 8601400750025: Amazon.com: Books

6. yvk2000

News Credits:
    Yeah, that would be your best bet (though I mostly prefer published reading order over chronological). Myself, I have the gorgeous XL IDW Premiere Collections, but they are oop and the first is pretty rare...

You'd want to read up untill volume 4 for the definite stuff of 'phase 1'. Afterwards you get some controversial stuff by McCarthy (I never read those because I phased out of tf's at that time). I think there are only a few loose issues that are needed to understand the next phase. Volume 8 contains stories that act like a bridge to phase two (which is the universe we're in now). From there you get the IDW collections Phase two.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OstOgBajer

Thanks so much for the info!

8. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    yeah he is def my fav of the "mp" like Jazz's even though only 2 have been released but i've seen enough of the other 2 to know how i feel

9. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I know a lot of people love Downbeat, and I think he looks good. But this is my MP Jazz :) 
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 20
  10. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I like both. I want someone else to come out with a Stepper/Ricochet though. I want a new mold for him. Preferably MMC OM or HasTak.

IMG_20180321_221331.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  11. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    He is definitely a great and visually stunning Jazz.
    I kinda view him as generation 2 Jazz. I know, I know, blasphemy.

My take is characters with updated modern altmodes is kinda a next generation/new era of time.

• Like Like x 3
  12. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No blasphemy seen here.
    I actually like him because his differences from the toon. You can put him both on the IDW shelf as wellas the G1 shelf and he looks good. His pearlescent color really makes him pop! :) 

Also, the Toy World Jazz also looks OK. I almost went with him, but didn't like the flap behind his head.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    Agreed, that's why I went looking for one too! Sold out everywhere, but I found J4ZZ through a guy in Australia on ebay for $106 usd.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DataLore

DataLore Well-Known Member

Any hope of a rerelease of this guy? I would prefer him to other Jazz depictions even if not G1 accurate. He should fit in with the G1 crew well enough and he looks great.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blazedriver

Blazedriver Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where to find him, he's sold out everywhere and i can only find him on a few overpriced ebay listings and i dont trust that :( 
    i agree :/

16. DataLore

DataLore Well-Known Member

I gave up on finding a decently priced J4zz. Refuse to play inflated scalpers prices. Some guy was asking 175 on Ebay, lol. I ended up going with the Zeta rerelease of the TW Jazz. 60 shipped and it looks good (if you are Ok with Studio Ox design and misspelled sponsors).

17. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I own him just to be my IDW Jazz.

DB4life!

:cool: 

• Like Like x 2
  18. bluesymetal

bluesymetal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I got mine here. He’s pretty awesome, I’m an IDW guy but I think he would work with MP too.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

At the time I consdered J4zz, but didn't get him because of the door wings (even though I prefer toy over toon), the incorrect car model and the rubbery parts.

I bought Downbeat instead, also because I've had good experiences with Maketoys (up till that point).

However, I've never been completely happy with Downbeat. He looks the part (albeit a bit bare), but he's no fun. No fun to transform and not really fun to pose. I think if Generation toy would re-release J4zz, I'd pick him up and sell Downbeat. But since I've not seen GT re-release any figure, I doubt this will happen.

• Like Like x 2
  20. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I actually went with J4zz because I think the car mode is strange (such as the placement of the headlights. I know its based on a real car, but I've never been a car person. Heck, I don't even have a driver's license. Articulation is good, though not perfect. He is fun IMHO though :) 

• Like Like x 1