Generation Toy GT-8 Guardian (Defensor/Protectobots)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Oct 31, 2016.

1. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

netclow on ebay has this in stock fyi.

I preordered mine from baba so hopefully he will be shipping soon.

2. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

I just got a shipping notice from baba for Bulance, so his stock has either arrived or is imminent.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ChucklesLastLaugh

ChucklesLastLaugh Undercover so long, they all forgot who I work for

ShowZ has Bulance in stock. That was a pleasant surprise to find this morning. :) 

Really interested in seeing colors on Hot Spot. :) 

4. Wyldmaxx

Wyldmaxx TFW2005 Supporter

So glad that we are getting near the end for this set and can't wait for TFSource to get this in stock.

5. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

^Same here, baba is the best....

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

Got in my order with Baba just now. 4 down, one to go...

• Like Like x 3
  7. stevetdda01

stevetdda01 Well-Known Member

My Bulance has also just been shipped by Baba. Can’t wait!

• Like Like x 2
  8. BxChris8669

BxChris8669 Well-Known Member

Mine is on the way from Baba too. Place your bets, will this team or XTB Menasor be completed first?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pessimus Prime

Nothing like a good old fashioned race to the bottom, right? :D 

10. BxChris8669

BxChris8669 Well-Known Member

I love both teams, the wait for them to be finished is killing me though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pessimus Prime

Hear, hear. I've come to expect long waits with GT but I'm a bit surprised XTB has not pushed to get Motormaster finished. I guess my bank account doesn't mind having a breather but I sure do.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

For those who own the 4/5 of this set, is it worth the money? Can this set be used for an MP Defensor or MP Protectobots bot or alt mode?

13. dragontype

dragontype Well-Known Member

I have 3/5 of the team, the 4th member is on his way. I think it's really subjective though and up to personal preference. This is MP-enough for my collection. I won't go into scale because that starts fights around here. Haha. But really like this set. The design, the quality, all hit the mark for what I would consider MP category. Cost is pretty good too considering the FT limbs are going for over $ 100.00 USD a pop.

I would recommend this set in an instant.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Pessimus Prime

What is or isn't MP can and has been the subject of many separate threads/flame wars just on its lonesome, so it's kind of a loaded question. It really comes down to individual tastes and perspectives on what MP means. BUT, for me, in my opinion, yadda yadda yadda, these are MP quality bot modes. Some people would probably say that the alt modes are not MP worthy, since they deviate from the vehicles which served as the sources for the G1 characters. I'm not personally concerned about alt modes. So long as they strongly resemble the originals, I'm good with it. These vehicles satisfy that for me. I'm not concerned with whether Blades has different kinds of screw heads from the original vehicle, etc.

For bot mode, I think these are a bit stylized but nevertheless really nail the characters. In terms of scale, I think they are the right scale for MP Combiner bot modes. This goes back to the troubled issue of how to scale combiners properly. For scale reasons, I don't think the combined mode of this set is MP, which I think is more like Zeta/TW Constructor and those that came after. This more of a CHUG scale combiner, IMO.

If you are interested in a set of Protectobots for bot modes, and are not married to absolute cartoon accuracy, then I think this set is MP-worthy in design, materials, engineering, and aesthetics. It's always going to be very hard to find a combiner team that is completely MP in all modes, just because of the impossible nature of scaling. I plan on using these as bots, and will hope for someone else to make a Defensor that is more in keeping with what I look for in an MP.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

@Pessimus Prime, I ask on the board because, I know I will receive an honest answer. I do not mind buying multiple sets, until Zeta is beaten they are the combined mode champs (imo). I think Fans Toys will end up being bot modes for combiners (will have an opinion after I own there first combiner) so I have options for a third set. I own both Feral and Nero Rex, but Zeta will be my Predaking of record. I own 4/5 of Ordin (somebody sell me a Hagen) and I am happy I bought this set, but it is to small.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pessimus Prime

If FT made a Protectobot set, I would definitely buy it and use it as my Defensor. I'm sure it would be magnificent. I would still use these as my bot modes, just because for me the FT bots are waaaay too huge. But that's totally subjective of course. I'm skipping FT's Aerialbots and Stunticons just because a) I have Zeta Superion, which looks great and cost WAY less and b) XTB's Stunticons are more in line with the bot mode scaling I think is appropriate, and I don't care about having a Menasor. The only combiners I love enough to buy two sets of are the Protectobots and the Combaticons. For the latter, I used UT for bots and Zeta for Bruticus, and I think they work well. I have UT's Terrorcons, and I also consider them MP for the bot/alt modes, though every time I say that about 20 people jump down my throat to tell me they're CHUG and not MP, etc. I like these GT Protectobots, and even if no other company does a set, I'll be pretty happy with them. I do wish someone else would tackle them (not MMC, their combiners look good but are too small in combined mode to be MP for me), and the Technobots for good measure.

17. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    IDK my Nero Rex is the same size as my Ordin, Poseidon, Hades, Gravity Builder and Warbotron Brut, as far CHUG vs MP, like you said it's very subjective unless you ask the compatibility thread which says only 12" combiners are compatible for CHUG. For me the 15" are my CHUG but if what i learned from the PE Mega Dragoon thread is "MP" is no longer a scale as much as a sense of contruction, style and looks be damned, everything's "MP" sign lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. jxb1105

jxb1105 Well-Known Member

The bots themselves look great on their own imo. Not much of a fan of the modern alt modes

19. FiveThousand

FiveThousand Well-Known Member

So did none of these come with replacement parts like the Constructicons did?

20. is456

is456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

• Like Like x 3